Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kyle Edmund

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Kyle Edmund Empty Kyle Edmund Tue Jan 23 2018, 18:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

A shout out for young tennis player Kyle Edmund who has made it through to the semi-final of the Australian open.

Can't say I'm a tennis fan - in fact I more often than not avoid it if I can - but I did see a bit of this lad season before last when watching the historic Davies Cup victory of ours.

He seemed to have a wonderful forehand shot that made him stand out at the time.

I guess he's added a bit of experience to that now to take him to his first major semi-final.

Even if he goes no further he's done really well and hopefully he will be a power to be reckoned with in years to come.

Three minutes of highlights beating the world number three here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/42795598

2Kyle Edmund Empty Re: Kyle Edmund Wed Jan 24 2018, 06:59

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

As well as the great forehand he was mentally stronger than Dmitrov at the crucial points.After Edmund lost his serve in the final set, he broke Dmitrov straight away and then got the match finished on his first match point.
A great forehand and great mental strength might be enough against Cilic who has had his temperamental issues

3Kyle Edmund Empty Re: Kyle Edmund Wed Jan 24 2018, 14:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see it happening but if somehow Edmund manages to beat Cilic he'll overtake Andy Murray to become England's number uno. Whatever the outcome he's done incredibly well to get this far.

4Kyle Edmund Empty Re: Kyle Edmund Wed Jan 24 2018, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He'll never win a major.

5Kyle Edmund Empty Re: Kyle Edmund Wed Jan 24 2018, 14:47

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It should just beĀ  a matter of weeks at the latest until Edmund overtakes Murray, I read that Murray will be around 150 in the world rankings if he is absent until the grass court season as expected.

6Kyle Edmund Empty Re: Kyle Edmund Wed Jan 24 2018, 14:52

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:He'll never win a major.

The last all time great to break through was Djokovic.

Djoko only became a great at the age of 23 when he won three of the four majors of the year starting in Australia.

Edmund is age 23....

7Kyle Edmund Empty Re: Kyle Edmund Wed Jan 24 2018, 14:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He's a South African who lives in the Bahamas. :bomb:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum