Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-2 Forest

+24
Norpig
okocha
Cajunboy
Growler
Dunkels King
DEANO82
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
boltonbonce
Kane57
finlaymcdanger
doffcocker
xmiles
Bollotom2014
rammywhite
Bwfc1958
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
karlypants
MartinBWFC
28 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Sun May 06 2018, 22:28

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

102Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Sun May 06 2018, 23:27

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

You all need to thank me for attending today's game as my record this season has somehow finished as witnessing 5 wins and a draw.

103Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Sun May 06 2018, 23:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Thanks! Very Happy

104Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Sun May 06 2018, 23:43

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big thanks to Lofty,who retires today after 20 years. He was in fine form today.

105Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Sun May 06 2018, 23:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not completely sober,but I might as well stay up and watch Football On Five. Don't think I could sleep anyway.
Could be a late one. Cheers.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

106Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 09:00

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Parky has produced some of the most boring performances ever witnessed at the Macron/Reebok - I will grant the haters that - but in 20 years, has there been a more stunning match on display?

Yes, for 85 minutes it seemed like same old, same old, and god knows where we go from here, but we've got 3 months to worry about what happens next season. I pity anyone who can't just enjoy the events of yesterday for a little while.

107Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 09:43

Gothic_Wanderer

Gothic_Wanderer
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

In my 2 plus decades being a Wanderers fan and going to the Reebok/Macron, I have seen us get promoted, I have seen us beat Arsenal, Man United, and Athletico Madrid. I have seen us make history and qualify for Europe and even seen us survive on the final day before. But nothing, absolutely nothing compares to today.

Someone recently asked me why are you a football fan when most of the time it makes you feel like shit? My answer now will be for moments like this. Moments of pure euphoria and utter utter joy. What a fantastic final day of the season.

COYWM!!!!!

108Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 09:57

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:Parky has produced some of the most boring performances ever witnessed at the Macron/Reebok - I will grant the haters that - but in 20 years, has there been a more stunning match on display?

Yes, for 85 minutes it seemed like same old, same old, and god knows where we go from here, but we've got 3 months to worry about what happens next season. I pity anyone who can't just enjoy the events of yesterday for a little while.

Well said, doffcocker

109Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I pity anyone who can't just enjoy the events of yesterday for a little while.

I don't want your pity. I want your vital statistics.

110Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:14

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I pity anyone who can't just enjoy the events of yesterday for a little while.

I don't want your pity. I want your vital statistics.

Why do you have to purposely wind people up like this?

Can't we just all enjoy this rare bit of happiness, without you feeling the need to come on here waving your tackle around?

111Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Why do you have to purposely wind people up like this?

Can't we just all enjoy this rare bit of happiness, without you feeling the need to come on here waving your tackle around?

Who am I winding up? You said you pitied me, so you started it.

I am happy we won, happy we are staying up. But, for me, that doesn't gloss over the absolute shite I've witnessed this season - you yourself have said it's the most boring football in 20 years. Why on earth would you want more of that?

I'm amazed people are letting 5 minutes of madness cloud their judgement.

112Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:32

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:But, for me, that doesn't gloss over the absolute shite I've witnessed this season - you yourself have said it's the most boring football in 20 years. Why on earth would you want more of that?

Because it ain't gonna get much better whatever happens.

People are living in a dream land thinking we can sack Parky and bring in somebody who'll attract better players, play better football, and get results.

If anybody's already worrying about next season, it's definitely time to take this Bolton Wanderers lark less seriously.

113Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:35

doffcocker wrote:

People are living in a dream land thinking we can sack Parky and bring in somebody who'll attract better players, play better football, and get results.

:clap:

That’s the point.

With current budget 21st is about our peak performance.

114Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Because it ain't gonna get much better whatever happens.

If anybody's already worrying about next season, it's definitely time to take this Bolton Wanderers lark less seriously.

I'm not worried about next season, I'm just happy to be in the Championship. But I'm not going to let one great result change the fact that I don't think we will improve under Parky.

I don't think it's dreamland to think we can get a better manager and players, especially if Ken loosens the purse strings a little.

But again, you didn't say any of this after the Burton result, you're making the mistake of letting 5 minutes of one game dictate the future of the club.

115Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:55

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote: :clap:

That’s the point.

With current budget 21st is about our peak performance.

Climb out TROY.

116Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 11:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I am happy we won, happy we are staying up. But, for me, that doesn't gloss over the absolute shite I've witnessed this season - you yourself have said it's the most boring football in 20 years. Why on earth would you want more of that?

I'm amazed people are letting 5 minutes of madness cloud their judgement.
Whilst we have been fairly dross for the most part, the joy of football is about moments of quality and catastrophe and when we were just 3 minutes away from relegation at the point that the only person on the planet who was confident we'd score the two goals in 3 minutes we needed was Sluffy (I actually don't believe that but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt) we produced a bit of quality for once and suddenly the catastrophe was Barnsley's and Burton's. 
Yes it was madness but in a good way for a change so let's enjoy it whilst we can. Plenty of time to take stock and surmise why that level of effort wasn't there for most of the season and see what team we have next year - although I reckon there is little chance of Parky leaving now unless Anderson sells up.
TBH I can still hardly believe what we achieved in those last few minutes despite replaying it over and over again. Magical.

117Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 12:35

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:...and when we were just 3 minutes away from relegation at the point that the only person on the planet who was confident we'd score the two goals in 3 minutes we needed was Sluffy (I actually don't believe that but I'll give him the benefit of the doubt)...

Eh???

When did I ever say that you mentalist?

You just make stuff up.

All the time!

118Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 13:04

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

But again, you didn't say any of this after the Burton result, you're making the mistake of letting 5 minutes of one game dictate the future of the club.

I think you'll find my position on the matter hasn't changed all season.

I've never actually considered myself a big Parkinson fan. It just amazes me that people think things could get better by sacking him and bringing in somebody else who will also have to do the best they can with loans and freebies.

119Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 14:51

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have a confession to make. I was listening to the radio commentary, and watching Sky, and feeling very good about our prospects.
All of a sudden, they were level, and depression was setting in, and then they scored again. I couldn't take seeing us go down, so I switched both the TV and radio off, and stomped off outside. That lasted for only a few minutes, so I came back in, saw the result, and was absolutely stunned. I couldn't believe it, and checked all the stations, etc, to see if I had read/heard it wrong, but it was right, we had survived, and with one of the best games we had played for a very long time. Well deserved I thought.

120Bolton 3-2 Forest - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 3-2 Forest Mon May 07 2018, 16:17

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I had a very similar experience with the 1995 playoff final. We were 2 nil down and Reading got a penalty after about 25 minutes. I turned off the video recorder but stayed put and saw Brannigan make the save that turned that game round. However I stupidly forgot to turn the video back on.

That was an incredible game with of course an amazing squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum