Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

the BEN feels the need to tell us this nugget of bullshit...

+7
Copper Dragon
Born to be a wanderer
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Bernard Dennis Park
doffcocker
Reebok_Rebel
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Born to be a wanderer wrote:A year since we won at QPR 4-0 was that our last clean sheet.

5-0 vs Stoke and 0-0 vs Arsenal.

Not a great record, but more recent than QPR last August.

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nearly as bad as Susan's lad mentioning in his first sentence after the match that it was he who signed Paterson.

He takes the credit for the first goal against his side.

Doffcocker - the player was Chris McCann.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

largehat wrote:One of the best things about having Diouf is that unlike many of our other stars of that era, we got him at his best, in his prime. He was fast, he could dribble, and he scored important goals. Purely as a footballer, what's not to like about that?

He was rarely the way you described him though. He did do all those things but not often enough to be described as a legend or great player. Like I said he was average imo.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:

He was rarely the way you described him though. He did do all those things but not often enough to be described as a legend or great player. Like I said he was average imo.

I agree he was inconsistent, but what I am trying to get at is he was an exciting player, yes, you never knew which version would turn up, but add to the type of player he was that he was invariably the focus of opposition attention too, and I think he had a lot going for him.

I wouldn't describe him as a legend or anything that extreme though.

Pele picked him in his FIFA 100. ITK fact.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Best memory of Diouf?

Tripping himself up to con the ref and get a penalty at Blackburn.

Offensively unsporting behaviour- but great to watch all the same!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:Best memory of Diouf?

Tripping himself up to con the ref and get a penalty at Blackburn.

Offensively unsporting behaviour- but great to watch all the same!

^ this...

lol!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:

I agree he was inconsistent, but what I am trying to get at is he was an exciting player, yes, you never knew which version would turn up, but add to the type of player he was that he was invariably the focus of opposition attention too, and I think he had a lot going for him.

Diouf was utter crap. Never has a Bolton player had so much of the ball and done so little with it. There seems to be a myth that he had pace and could beat a man - he had/did neither. He scored the odd goal I'll give him that, but the only reason he is a "legend" to some is he had a hand in starting the chav culture in Bolton.

The people who like Diouf are the same people who think Tulisa Contostavlos is the most beautiful woman in the UK.

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
largehat wrote:

Diouf was utter crap. Never has a Bolton player had so much of the ball and done so little with it. There seems to be a myth that he had pace and could beat a man - he had/did neither. He scored the odd goal I'll give him that, but the only reason he is a "legend" to some is he had a hand in starting the chav culture in Bolton.

The people who like Diouf are the same people who think Tulisa Contostavlos is the most beautiful woman in the UK.

come on nat...

Diouf WAS good... yuo just write stuff to wind poeple up?

who is it you actually like, if anyone?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

come on nat...

Diouf WAS good... yuo just write stuff to wind poeple up?

who is it you actually like, if anyone?

No, I form my opinion on what I saw.

Diouf rarely actually got behind a defence, and on the rare occasion he did he almost always fell over or skied his shot into row Z.

Diouf was shit at Liverpool, shit at Rovers, shit at Sunderland, shit at Doncaster, shit at every English club he's played for. It's called a pattern of shitness.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:He scored the odd goal I'll give him that, but the only reason he is a "legend" to some is he had a hand in starting the chav culture in Bolton.

lol!

Natasha Whittam wrote:

lol!

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:He scored the odd goal I'll give him that, but the only reason he is a "legend" to some is he had a hand in starting the chav culture in Bolton.

lol!

Natasha Whittam wrote:

lol!

I think Anelka, Jay Jay, Djorkief and cahill were shit...

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Anelka & Youri were great players for Bolton, Okocha average and Cahill pisspoor.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

The more recently they have played for Bolton, the more likely they are to be considered "shit" by Natasha. It's like a sliding scale.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Anelka and Youri were great players. They were a class above Diouf imo.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I think Diouf's main asset was getting the crowd going. The amount of times the atmosphere was dead and he would do something to get the crowd going. He also annoyed the hell out of the opposition defence due to him being a pest.

He could be very tricky draw a few players which would leave big gaps for anelka and stelios to exploit. I also remember 4 or 5 home games on the bounce when he was voted motm. He certainly wasnt shit.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

WhiteBic wrote:I think Diouf's main asset was getting the crowd going.

I'll give you that one. But they could have employed 12 stripers to run up and down the touchline to get the same result, but for a fraction of the price.

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Rebels?

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lofty_Love wrote:Reebok Rebels?

there is only one of me...

im happy to do it though if the price is right? Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Reebok Rebels?

No, proper women with boobs and everything.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

12 strippers?

lol!

Would be an interesting formation, I would go for a quick 1 up front, 5 on either side and 1 at the back bounce

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum