Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+30
Bollotom2014
WanderersStationSimon
finlaymcdanger
NickFazer
gloswhite
Maurice Greene
bryan458
wessy
rammywhite
Growler
Keegan
Kane57
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
karlypants
xmiles
Nigelbwfc
Dunkels King
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
observer
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Norpig
MartinBWFC
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
luckyPeterpiper
wanderlust
34 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 50]

281Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 14:24

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Basically I think Bradford have held things up in a bid to get someone to pay more than Wyke is really worth at the last minute. It's obvious we're not going to do that because we can't and it's becoming equally obvious that Sunderland are either very close to or have actually lost patience with Bradford's posturing. Given that Wyke has made it clear he's NOT going to sign a new deal and he's had a recent injury I'd look to get him off the books soon as possible but Bradford are playing a game that could very easily boomerang on them and leave them losing his services for nothing next year.

However we do still desperately need at least one striker imo so it's not a surprise to me that the club is looking elsewhere now. I think it's likely that the club had a list of potential targets for the position and Wyke may have been number 1 on that list but he wouldn't have been the ONLY possibility. Hopefully someone else on the list is available at a price we can afford and he'll be somebody who improves the team as a whole.

282Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:22

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:I think we’ll get Wyke...

With a knee injury? I'd rather steer clear now.
I agree, that knee is very worrying.

It's no joke.

283Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:30

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

So you are still trying to convey you are in the know and divulging confidential patient information.

Amazing.

284Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If that's true it's not an ACL issue.

285Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 15:37

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

y2johnny wrote:So you are still trying to convey you are in the know and divulging confidential patient information.

Amazing.
Sorry, I thought the thread was Transfer Humour.

286Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No rumours of us actually signing anyone then?

287Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:36

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.

288Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.
I'm amazed we let him go, without him we'd probably be playing League 1 football this season.

It was a very strange decision.

289Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 16:52

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cajunboy wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Karl Henry still a free agent - when asked by a fan is he ready, he replied: I’m ready and waiting.
I'm amazed we let him go, without him we'd probably be playing League 1 football this season.

It was a very strange decision.
It was more a wages issue than a football one mate. As I understand it Phil wanted to bring in someone younger who'd cost less in salary and have a potential resale value which Karl wouldn't have. I suspect he'd struggle at Championship level now though. Given the fact he's still a free agent it doesn't seem like anyone's desperate for his services either.

290Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

might just be saving a couple of months wages Very Happy

291Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:03

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

BoltonTillIDie wrote:might just be saving a couple of months wages Very Happy
Which is not insignificant when you are trying to breakeven.

292Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nixon wrote:Bolton. Close to a deal for Josh McGennis. Charlton striker. Northern Ireland cap. One time keeper.

293Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He’s fucking shite. This is so depressing

294Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:44

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Nixon wrote:Bolton. Close to a deal for Josh McGennis. Charlton striker. Northern Ireland cap. One time keeper.
Target man.

10 goals a season if we're lucky.

295Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:48

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Poor mans madine. 

“One time keeper” says it all really

296Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 17:56

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

[size=32]Charlton Athletic agree fee with Bolton Wanderers for international striker [/size]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][url=https://www.addtoany.com/share#url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.londonnewsonline.co.uk%2Fcharlton-athletic-agree-fee-with-bolton-wanderers-for-international-striker%2F&title=Charlton Athletic agree fee with Bolton Wanderers for international striker]Share[/url]
Charlton have agreed a fee with Bolton Wanderers for Josh Magennis.
The Addicks recently rejected an offer for the Northern Ireland international from Peterborough United, and it remains to be seen if the League One club come back with an improved bid.
Posh sold Jack Marriott to Derby County yesterday in a deal reportedly worth in excess of £3million.
But Bolton can offer Championship football.
Wanderers failed to do a deal for Magennis late in the winter transfer window but have come back again ahead of the start of the 2018-19 campaign.
Charlton caretaker boss Lee Bowyer has already spoken about having his own targets lined up if they do lose any more of their squad.
He has already added quality to the forward line in the shape of Lyle Taylor. And Bowyer will bring in another frontman to replace Magennis, if his switch to Bolton goes through this time.

297Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 18:39

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

It's an interesting pick if it goes through. I may be unpopular for saying this but I think Magennis could do well with us and might just turn out to be a bargain. It would appear that we've either given up on Wyke or perhaps this is a way of trying to make Bradford stop sitting on the pot so to speak. Either way I think Magennis would be a useful addition rather than just a 'body' and if by some chance we landed them both then I'd say things are actually starting to look pretty good.

298Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 20:32

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

luckyPeterpiper wrote:It's an interesting pick if it goes through. I may be unpopular for saying this but I think Magennis could do well with us and might just turn out to be a bargain. It would appear that we've either given up on Wyke or perhaps this is a way of trying to make Bradford stop sitting on the pot so to speak. Either way I think Magennis would be a useful addition rather than just a 'body' and if by some chance we landed them both then I'd say things are actually starting to look pretty good.
Parky said he wanted two strikers. There's one.

299Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 20:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Nigelbwfc wrote:Parky said he wanted two strikers. There's one.
Donaldson's the other

300Transfer rumours ! - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jul 27 2018, 20:50

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wyke is the other. Hopefully we go back in with a second bid

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum