Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Forest

+29
WanderingTree
chipbutty
RedDog53
MartinBWFC
LeedsWanderer
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Spillthebeans
Mr White
oh_oh_its_the_forest_fans
RED MIST
TheHateCamel
jayjay23
ChuckForest
mikenffc
Reebok_Rebel
Numpty 28723
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Keegan
Born to be a wanderer
terenceanne
bwfc71
Sluffy
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 9]

121Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 21:42

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
doffcocker wrote:Clapped off at half time. Isn't football fickle.

Clapping the team off at half time should be the norm. It's the booing that's often fickle. We should support our team.

There's nothing fickle about booing or cheering. It's cheering when you were about to start booing that is fickle, or vice versa.

122Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 21:43

The referee was poor, but like you say for both teams. Mills had a shocker, Knight was excellent. Mark Davies looked like he was already in Wales and Andrews wasn't much better. I thought Kevin Davies & Sordell did well, the change should have come in midfield, not upfront.

123Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 21:45

ChuckForest

ChuckForest
David Ngog
David Ngog

yep 2-2 just about a fair result although we were hanging on a bit at times! You are a very good team and wont loose too many this season. As long as we finish above the Sheep shite we'll be happy. What a Face
Keep the faith and yes I still hate Gary Megson.
See you at the City Ground.

124Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 21:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:

There's nothing fickle about booing or cheering. It's cheering when you were about to start booing that is fickle, or vice versa.

I see what you're saying, I'm still pissed off at the arseholes who booed on Tuesday.

125Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 21:47

I thought it was an encouraging performance. We need to tighten up at the back, but Mark Davies showed why he should be playing in a more advanced role, he played well during our spell of pressure but went missing again when we had to defend.

At about 75//80 minutes we were crying out for fresh legs and fresh ideas, god knows why Coyle didn't do it. Wylde, Petrov and Vela all could of made a difference if they'd got on.

Good match though, we passed it well second half, but we're so poor at defending it lets us down. Knight had a good game, needs a partner who will organise though.

126Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 21:48

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We improved second time half and had a couple of nice moves but certainly didn't get anywhere near the level we'll need to go up.

as ever the defending was abysmal at times, caught again and again in the first half and i thought Mills was poor.

Credit Knight, Sordell, Davies and Eagles who i thought all played well. (bar that mistake by Knight at the end?!)

We got worse when Sordell went off his impact up top is underrated IMO, he has the ability to hold the ball up.

127Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 21:55

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Enjoyed tnites game. Just on way home now. 2-2 a fair result but id bring back ream for mills next game. Mills at times just didnt look aware what was going on around him. His heading isnt directed and hes extremely slow. Reams quick which i think is what we need. Im not knights biggest fan but was impressed with him tnite. Anyone sat in west lower? There was a gery vocal guy near me that was absolutely hilarious!

128Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 22:00

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Forest first goal (well just the action replay really) here -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

129Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 22:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Passi wrote:Good game. Some awful defending from Mills, Mark Davies missing in action again, Zat Knight best player.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

130Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 22:00

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We don't want Sordell to hold the ball up, we want hinm to bloody finish ! I was disappointed in how we seemed to accept the draw after about 75 minutes. disappointed in Mills, Why haven't we got a player prepared to take the responsibility of controlling the match from midfield ? Drop SKD to midfield for now, he has the desire, and the abilty, and we won't miss him in attack, although he played well toniught. Mavies was non-existent, apart form our purple patch when he seemed to come to life. Still no apparent game plan, although its nice to know were not going to get turned over every time we turn ;up.

131Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 22:03

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:Drop SKD to midfield

No, lets not.

132Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 22:46

largehat wrote:
gloswhite wrote:Drop SKD to midfield

No, lets not.

Agreed, that would not be good.

We NEED a player to take control of the centre mids and centre backs though, there's no organisation back there anymore. Zat Knight is looking far better though.

Whole team looked more confident once they got into their stride, I feel positive. Just hoping we can continue to build.

133Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 23:28

LeedsWanderer

David Lee
David Lee

Bogdan: Steady performance.
Ricketts: Cant really remember him in the game.
Mills: Look utter crap.
Knight: played ok and put in some good tackles.
Mears: Every cross went to their keeper, Would sooner have Gretar.
C.Y.L. In and out of the game (Should have brought Petrov on and moved Eagles to the right).
Mavies: If we get 8 mill take it and run, was not in the game.
Andrews: Were is his Euro form.
Eagles: 10/10 tonight and been our best player in last 2 games.
Davies: 2 assists but past it im afraid.
Sordell: Dont know what to make of him.

The game: Could have gone either way in the 2nd half I was thinking that we were going to win the game but the last 10 minutes only 1 team looked like scoring.

Coyle: Think he settled for the draw I would have brought Petrov on for C.Y.L. and Wylde on for Mavies.
Played Petrov Left Wylde Right to run at the full backs (If Eagles can out run the full back these 2 would have left them for dead )and move Eagles in side.

Ref: Utter crap I thought Premiership refs were rubbish but these lads are a joke.

134Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 23:47

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can't quite put a finger on the problem .....most did ok tonight. There is just a lack of ideas from the middle somehow. They split us open with ease in the first half ...we were still lumping it forward. I don't know.... to me we were lucky to get a draw at home. Eagles was our best player IMO. Mills, Mavies & Andrews shaky for me. OC one sub..... and an 85 year old SKD left on for his third game in 7 days..... don't make sense to me....but I know nowt appearently.
It's not good enough but what's the solution?

135Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 23:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good match I thought, fair result,.. Sick off hearing the fans boo, can't win every match. Are we the new West Ham?

136Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Fri 24 Aug - 23:55

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Good match I thought, fair result,.. Sick off hearing the fans boo, can't win every match. Are we the new West Ham?

Pretty sure today's booing was for the referee, BTID.

137Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat 25 Aug - 0:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Really, I didnt think that, but if that was the case, boo on Smile

138Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat 25 Aug - 0:09

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Benik Afobe ‏@Afobe
Coming off Twitter for a few days before I tweet/say something I may regret. Laters people x

Unhappy camper? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

139Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat 25 Aug - 0:17

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:
Benik Afobe ‏@Afobe
Coming off Twitter for a few days before I tweet/say something I may regret. Laters people x

Unhappy camper? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Probably got people tweeting shite to him

140Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 7 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat 25 Aug - 0:55

Born to be a wanderer

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Turning point sordells miss at 2-1 to make it 3-1 i said to my mate thats gonna cost us and i was right.KD a leader out there and ive slated him not to start this season.Mark Davies M.I.A.Wrong Davies get Spearing, and Holden cant come back soon enough.Nothing can be done when someone hits a worldy to make it 1-0 not much you can do.Happy with the fight back and Sordell and Kd could have won it Sordell.s especially to kill the game.Need Holden back and a tough tackling midfielder.Early days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum