Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-2 Forest

+29
WanderingTree
chipbutty
RedDog53
MartinBWFC
LeedsWanderer
Bolton Nuts
gloswhite
Spillthebeans
Mr White
oh_oh_its_the_forest_fans
RED MIST
TheHateCamel
jayjay23
ChuckForest
mikenffc
Reebok_Rebel
Numpty 28723
JonnyRandom
wanderlust
BoltonTillIDie
largehat
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
Keegan
Born to be a wanderer
terenceanne
bwfc71
Sluffy
33 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 9]

141Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 02:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Keegan wrote:
Benik Afobe ‏@Afobe
Coming off Twitter for a few days before I tweet/say something I may regret. Laters people x

Unhappy camper? [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Probably, I signed on Coyles promises, then his goonies who know fuck all handed me a ping pong bat.

142Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 06:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Great entertainment but we shouldn't have conceded either goal and it underlines the need to get a defensive midfielder and quick. I have nothing but admiration for the quality of the first strike but Muamba or NRC would have closed that shot down early instead of backing off and inviting him to have a dip. And I could see Andy Reed strolling into the huge gap for the second with Andrews and Mavies jogging back 10 yards behind him, but for all the screaming at the them to track back that I did they clearly weren't listening. Again Muamba or NRC would have been right there with him. Spearing may not be the most attractive proposition for many Wanderers fans, but I honestly believe we wouldn't have conceded either goal or given Forest anywhere as near much time on the ball if he'd played for us last night.
Great performances from Knight and SKD last night. I thought SKD would win it for us at the death but the ball glanced the defenders head as it came to him so he skied it. Unlucky. Sordell's finish was classy too - very difficult at hip height but he managed to direct it well. Another good thing was there were signs of the passing and possession improving - some nice little triangles and movement to get out of tight situations occasionally - better, but still a way to go with that. All in all, some good things, but we still have the dilemma of not having/not playing a defensive mid - without one our defence is exposed and in tatters, playing one may reduce our attacking potency.

Last edited by wanderlust on Sat Aug 25 2012, 06:51; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It's 6.50 on a Staurday morning and I'm in the office with my first coffee of the morning so not quite awake yet.)

143Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Good Game Sat Aug 25 2012, 07:43

RedDog53

David Ngog
David Ngog

Enjoyed the game tonight. I thought Bolton looked very good once they got started, but they do need to start a bit earlier. You could see in patches why they are favouites for promotion, but i thought the lads gave an excellent account of themselves bearing in mind they are still getting to know each others play. I would be interested to hear how Bolton fans thought we played with regards to how Derby performed the other night. The only thing i didn't understand was Boltons managers comments after the game. Anybody any ideas on that?

144Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 08:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RedDog53 wrote:The only thing i didn't understand was Boltons managers comments after the game. Anybody any ideas on that?

I stopped listening to his after match comments a long time ago because he always sees a different game to everyone else. No doubt he glossed over the shit defending and the fact Forest controlled long periods of the game, and talked about the "positives", his favourite word.

145Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 08:27

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

An absolutely shocking defensive performance. After more than two years in charge Coyle still can't set his team up to defend properly and it's why he should be shown the door. No way will we challenge in this league with this defence.

Mills had one of the worst games I've ever seen a Bolton player have (and I saw Nigel Jemsen), you'd have thought Simon Cox was 7 feet tall the way he kept beating Mills in the air. But its on the ground where Mills is ultra-shite, he should never play again.

And that stump Mears is exactly what I thought he'd be - a useless bastard Burnley reject with all the attacking skills of an eight week old dump. Every single time he got the ball on the wing he passed it straight to Camp in the Forest goal. Fucking useless.

Knight had a good game, although he's still a headless chicken. Ricketts did ok, at least he can put a decent cross over.

Mark Davies was his usual self i.e. went missing for 90 minutes. When are people going to wake up and admit this guy is fucking useless. And he almost cost us the game because he can't control a simple ball. Fuck off.

Andrews plays like a tubby NRC. Can't control the ball, can't pass 5 yards. A typical Coyle signing. Chung Lee was ok, but he's another who can't cross a ball. Surely a professional football should be able to cross a ball? Obviously not. Eagles played well, far and away our best player.

Kevin Davies played well, at least he put himself about. Sordell played better and I thought we looked like winning until Coyle decided to bring on Adobe, Coyle appears to have signed the one Arsenal player who can't control a football. Well done.

I thought Forest were the better team apart from 15 minutes after half-time. Their players were more comfortable on the ball and they had more pace in midfield. We are midtable at best under Coyle. He must go, I almost find myself wanting to lose just to get rid of this idiot.

146Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 08:31

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

The back four are a long way below standard although Knight is looking a bit better. Their first goal was down to Ricketts, he stood off him then turned his back. I think Coyle will play Alonso in the cup game but then bring back Rickets regardless of how Alonso plays.

The defence was poor last season but Coyle seems happy with it and has not addressed the left back problem at all.

Coyle's press comments are showing that (although everyone Say's what a very nice man he is) he is stubborn and doesn't like criticism. He stayed with Robinson for far to long and I think he'll do the same with Ricketts

147Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 08:57

WanderingTree

David Ngog
David Ngog

That was a horrible game for fans of either side, though neutrals would've loved it. First half an hour we never gave you a sniff and deservedly took the lead. Second half an hour was totally the other way and I thought you'd run away with it. In the end it could've gone either way.

Was impressed with Ricketts and Lee for you, and I wish we had a player like Eagles at Forest. Someone with pace down the right.

At least we did better than the sheep against you anyway. Good luck for the rest of the season! Very Happy

148Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 09:05

RED MIST

David Ngog
David Ngog

i was a bit confused by what Coyle had to say, I think he may have been facing away from the pitch!!

Well done to whoever it was with 2-2 prediction Smile

I thought Eagles was by far you best player on the night.Good luck for the season

149Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 09:21

yesbutno

yesbutno
Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

I saw the game on the telly and it was exciting to watch.

Sorry to say but the defence is pretty terrible, all over the place at times and I can't understand why our 'nice' manager doesn't do something about it.

I have to agree with butty about their first goal. Ricketts should have got a tackle in.

150Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 10:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yesbutno wrote:

I have to agree with butty about their first goal. Ricketts should have got a tackle in.

Perhaps, but 99 times out of a 100 that shot is going nowhere near the back of the net. Just a great strike. Felt sorry for Bogdan, both Forest goals were right in the corner and he had absolutely no chance.

151Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 11:20

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
yesbutno wrote:

Perhaps, but 99 times out of a 100 that shot is going nowhere near the back of the net. Just a great strike. Felt sorry for Bogdan, both Forest goals were right in the corner and he had absolutely no chance.

But you weren't at the game. scratch

152Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

But you weren't at the game. scratch

You are seriously boring me with this shite. I was at the game with my father in the East Stand. But let's pretend I didn't go, couldn't I have seen the two goals on TV?

153Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well you are boring me with pretending you go to the games.

Is it really that bad a thing to admit you don't go?

154Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:06

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Why do you think she doesn't go? Some people do actually attend games you know?

155Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well you are boring me with pretending you go to the games.

Is it really that bad a thing to admit you don't go?

You'd better watch your tone, I now have an army of Forest fans behind me.

156Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:14

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Why do you think she doesn't go? Some people do actually attend games you know?

I know they do, but "nat" isn't one of them.

I take abuse for not going, but surely not going and pretending to go is worse.

157Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Last chance before Bolton Banter becomes your permanent home.

158Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Last chance before Bolton Banter becomes your permanent home.

What does that mean?

159Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

What does that mean?

It means my new Forest friends will run you out of Aberdeen.

160Bolton 2-2 Forest - Page 8 Empty Re: Bolton 2-2 Forest Sat Aug 25 2012, 12:20

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
I know they do, but "nat" isn't one of them.

What makes you think she doesn't go though?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 9]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum