Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 50]

61Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 18:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:Love how someone’s edited my post

If you mean me, all I've done is reduced the size of the font to normal size for here.

What do you find so terrible about that?

62Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 18:53

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was harmful to my eyes

63Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 18:57

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

BoltonTillIDie wrote:"we’ve put in a six-figure bid for a striker" - interesting
£1.000.50p

64Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But still an actual bid rather than a freebie Very Happy

65Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

If you mean me, all I've done is reduced the size of the font to normal size for here.

That you didn’t request my permission

66Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:08

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

67Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I don't require it in order to do the right thing for forum and the rest of us Nutters.

68Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:20

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

I don't require it in order to do the right thing for forum and the rest of us Nutters.

You do.

69Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:25

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:"we’ve put in a six-figure bid for a striker" - interesting
Don't get too excited. It was £1047.29p

70Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:25

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Let's hope he can close the deal then - so we don't have to resort to signing the next Wilbraham

71Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Kane57 wrote:Let's hope he can close the deal then - so we don't have to resort to signing the next Wilbraham

I think he's already done that with getting Donaldson in.

72Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Tue Jul 17 2018, 19:49

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I was meaning the last minute desperation signing. Nice to know he's been a bit quicker this time out

73Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 19 2018, 18:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I am delighted to welcome Yanic Wildschut on board, who has joined us for the season on loan from Norwich City.
Yanic will bring with him a wealth of experience which will enhance the quality of the squad as we get ready to start the new campaign.
He spent the second-half of last season on loan at Cardiff City and played a key role in helping them achieve promotion to the Premier League.
I am very pleased with the business we have done so far and we are currently working on bringing in some more new faces to strengthen the squad. As usual we shall keep you informed.

You will get the opportunity of seeing our new signings in action on Saturday when we play La Liga side Girona FC as the County Ground, Leyland.
Supporters will be able to purchase tickets on the gate and they are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions. We hope to see as many of you there as possible.

We also launched our brand new all-black away kit today and looking at the feedback we have already received, it is safe to assume that it is very popular.
With the new home and away kits now on sale, now is the ideal time to put your shirt on for the Wanderers and wear your colours with pride for the remainder of pre-season and for the forthcoming 2018/19 campaign.
You can pop in to Bolton Central or buy them online by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With the start of the season fast approaching, season tickets are still available and remain the most cost effective way to watch the team this season.
If you haven’t yet renewed I would urge you to do so and to encourage your friends, family and colleagues to show their support for the club.
All the additional revenue we receive will be directly used to fund new signings. Click here for more details.

Following the success of the concerts, we welcome the Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals next month and are looking forward to staging another successful major event.
The Bolton Wanderers International Football Programme continues to take the name of the football club across the world and recently they have visited Australia and Italy, whilst entertaining visiting teams at our Lostock Training Ground and the hotel.

We are very close to announcing a new stadium naming rights partner and you will be among the first to know once the deal has been completed.

As you were will be aware, prior to my involvement with the club, a number of secured loans were taken out on some of our fixed assets.
I’m pleased to confirm that one such loan, provided by Prescott Business Parks Ltd, which was secured against the Hotel, has been extended by a further 12 months. This will give us more flexibility in the financing of the club.

Following the recent discussions and resolution of the outstanding issues, all the bonuses have now been paid.

Kind regards,
Ken

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

74Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 19 2018, 20:03

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Sluffy wrote:I am delighted to welcome Yanic Wildschut on board, who has joined us for the season on loan from Norwich City.
Yanic will bring with him a wealth of experience which will enhance the quality of the squad as we get ready to start the new campaign.
He spent the second-half of last season on loan at Cardiff City and played a key role in helping them achieve promotion to the Premier League.
I am very pleased with the business we have done so far and we are currently working on bringing in some more new faces to strengthen the squad. As usual we shall keep you informed.

You will get the opportunity of seeing our new signings in action on Saturday when we play La Liga side Girona FC as the County Ground, Leyland.
Supporters will be able to purchase tickets on the gate and they are priced at £10 for adults and £5 for concessions. We hope to see as many of you there as possible.

We also launched our brand new all-black away kit today and looking at the feedback we have already received, it is safe to assume that it is very popular.
With the new home and away kits now on sale, now is the ideal time to put your shirt on for the Wanderers and wear your colours with pride for the remainder of pre-season and for the forthcoming 2018/19 campaign.
You can pop in to Bolton Central or buy them online by visiting [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With the start of the season fast approaching, season tickets are still available and remain the most cost effective way to watch the team this season.
If you haven’t yet renewed I would urge you to do so and to encourage your friends, family and colleagues to show their support for the club.
All the additional revenue we receive will be directly used to fund new signings. Click here for more details.

Following the success of the concerts, we welcome the Rugby League Challenge Cup semi-finals next month and are looking forward to staging another successful major event.
The Bolton Wanderers International Football Programme continues to take the name of the football club across the world and recently they have visited Australia and Italy, whilst entertaining visiting teams at our Lostock Training Ground and the hotel.

We are very close to announcing a new stadium naming rights partner and you will be among the first to know once the deal has been completed.

As you were will be aware, prior to my involvement with the club, a number of secured loans were taken out on some of our fixed assets.
I’m pleased to confirm that one such loan, provided by Prescott Business Parks Ltd, which was secured against the Hotel, has been extended by a further 12 months. This will give us more flexibility in the financing of the club.

Following the recent discussions and resolution of the outstanding issues, all the bonuses have now been paid.

Kind regards,
Ken

What do you make of this Sluffy? Looks good news to me. Obviously there's the biggy which is Blu Marble, to get a deal on, but other than that, Ken seems to be progressing with the club quite nicely.

75Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jul 20 2018, 00:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Nigelbwfc wrote:What do you make of this Sluffy? Looks good news to me. Obviously there's the biggy which is Blu Marble, to get a deal on, but other than that, Ken seems to be progressing with the club quite nicely.

There's a deal already done on BluMarble Nigel, it's in the last accounts for all to see but it doesn't fit in with the narrative that the hardcore anti-Anderson's have been pedalling about (some rabid dimwits even to this day) of Armageddon for Anderson on the 1st September with the settlement in full date for BluMarble being the 31st August (or about in 6 weeks time)!

What they fail to acknowledge is that although it clearly states in the accounts that full settlement is for £4 million plus interest of £300k - it also says that interest will be charged at 10% per annum from the 1st September onwards.

If the deal had been for full settlement full stop, then there would be no need to have an agreed clause stating the interest rate for unpaid sums - they would simply just have foreclosed on the assets they have a charge on.

The agreement has clearly been made to allows Mr Anderson to pay the debt plus interest off in full if he wants to, or pay some/none of it off and have extended time to pay the rest off at 10% annual interest.

The Anti-Anderson's had been convinced for quite some time (I seem to recall the ST coming out with some bizarre claim eighteen months/two years ago, claiming it would costs an amount of many millions (around £30 million iirc?) to keep the club running and that the shit would hit the fan this year at the end of August.

I have pointed out numerous times here on Nuts, that this in reality would never be the case because the larger loan of PBS Ltd is an Eddie Davies type of 'soft' loan as the bloke who owns PBS is a massive Wanderers fan, and that the BluMarble loan was the only one to worry about - and even then it had the interest provision from the 1st September onwards - which proved that there was clear 'wriggle room' if Anderson did not clear the debt in full by then.

Obviously the loans have to be cleared at some point but I think the first priority is the BluMarble one and it will be interesting to find out at some point in the future how much KA intends to reduce it by before the 10% interest kicks in.

It is good news Nigel because the club/Mr Anderson couldn't have paid some £13 or so million in one hit but structuring the debts (even though it incurs interest charges, allows the continued sustainability of the club and probably is allowing us to compete for better players at the moment (we out bid Wigan today for example) which in turn should mean we stay in this division for another few years and collect a further £7 million each time we do - which will pay off the debts and the interest accruing.

Smart man is Ken Anderson.

Can't believe he's gone to all this hard work in deferring the payment of the loans and the strengthening of the squad if his sole aim is to asset strip the club and make it bankrupt as some morons seem to want to believe still!!!

76Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jul 20 2018, 11:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was that 2 Challenge Cup semi finals next month? Really glad the assets are being worked but I hope the pitch holds up.

77Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Jul 21 2018, 22:32

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

wanderlust wrote:Was that 2 Challenge Cup semi finals next month? Really glad the assets are being worked but I hope the pitch holds up.

Beevers is still in the squad, we don't need grass.

78Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 13:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Saturday sees us take to the field for our final pre-season fixture when we play Peterborough United at the ABAX Stadium.
The game will be a good test for the manager and players as we prepare for the Sky Bet Championship opener against West Brom the following weekend.
We are still actively looking to recruit several new additions to the squad before then and as ever we shall let you know immediately once the deals have been done and the paperwork completed.
There has been speculation within the media and social media about our pursuit for strikers, and I can confirm that we have made six-figure bids for two different players.
At this stage we will not be making any further offers on these players and we shall consequently widen our search.
Throughout the pre-season we have had a number of players on trial with the club, some of whom you will have read about in the news and on social media.
Having these players train with us and playing in some of the friendlies provides us with an opportunity to take a closer look at them and to better assess how they will fit into our structure. It does not necessarily mean we are going to sign them. The key criteria is will they strengthen the squad and fit in with the other players?

From Day One I have always made it clear that I will operate this club in a commercially prudent manner and I won’t be making the same mistake that other clubs do and pay players excessive and unsustainable salaries.
Despite whatever pressure is placed upon us, if we miss out on players or get outbid, I will not deviate from the valuation we have put on the player whom we have targeted.
One thing which has frustrated me over the last couple of seasons was the player loyalty/signing on bonuses that we had to pay out which were circa £500,000. These are part of the legacy we inherited from the previous regime and I do have to question whether or not it is the best thing for football going forward.
Football needs to be practical when it comes to the financials as a whole and, as I often keep repeating, when it comes to recruitment we will only pay a club and a player what we believe their value to be worth and we can afford within our present budgets.
For instance, some of the players who were out of contract and left the club over the last two summers – who may have been offered new deals on more realistic terms - have ended up earning significantly less and playing at a lower level.
Of course, we thank them for their service with the club and wish them all the best, but it just goes to show that there can be a chasm in what they or their agents perceive their value to be worth and what is actually a more sensible and pragmatic proposition. I wish some of them had been more realistic in their demands and maybe we would have been able to retain them.
You may have seen some reports in the media concerning a bid for one of our players. I can indeed confirm that this was the case and it was immediately rejected.
Of course every player has a value and if we believed a player leaving was in the best interests of the club then we would consider an approach, but I want to emphasise that we are not proactively looking to sell the player in question who remains a key and vital member of the squad.

As part of my open and honest approach with you all, I just wanted to update you on matters concerning investment.
All discussions with potential investors have now been terminated and, with the exception of one potential investor who has now recently purchased a club in the Middle East, none of the other three parties who expressed an interest were able to produce genuine evidence of funds.
One locally based party produced what appeared to be a fake bank statement and we are currently taking legal advice to pursue an action against them and their professional advisors.
Although I’d personally like to name and shame them, at this stage we are not able to do so due to legal reasons.
I want to make it absolutely clear that each of these four parties directly approached us looking to invest or to buy the club. At no point have we sought to proactively seek investment or market the sale of the club. Furthermore, no one has been appointed to sell the club.

The new away shirt has proven to be very popular judging by the fantastic images posted on social media and in terms of sales it has been the club’s best seller in recent times. Please do not hang around if you are looking to buy them as they are flying off the shelves. You can order on line by clicking here.
With the season less than a fortnight away, there is still time to renew or buy your season ticket and benefit from the great match by match savings that they offer. Please click here for more information on how to get hold of a Bolton Wanderers 2018/19 season ticket.
I’m delighted to report that we have agreed a deal with BBC Radio Manchester so that they will be able to commentate on our home and away matches this coming season. As you know Jack Dearden has been reporting on the club for many, many years and we are all looking forward to working with him and the sports team once again.

Next week, we will be revealing our new stadium naming rights partner, so please stay tuned to the club’s communications channels for this significant announcement.

Finally, I would like to take this opportunity to pay tribute to the club’s Turnstiles Manager, Keith Entwistle, who sadly passed away last week. Keith, a lifelong fan of the club, started selling programmes as an 11 year-old back at Burnden Park in the 1960s and worked in several matchday roles for over 50 years. Keith will be missed by everybody at the club and our thoughts are with his wife Denise and his children John and Jessica.
Kind regards,
Ken

79Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 14:08

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

"I want to make it absolutely clear that each of these four parties directly approached us looking to invest or to buy the club. At no point have we sought to proactively seek investment or market the sale of the club. Furthermore, no one has been appointed to sell the club."

If we are too skint to even pay for the likes of Wyke, McGoldrick or Garner I suggest Ken ought to be more proactive in looking for investment then if the only ones who come to us are time wasters.

Its not like Ken has no experience of dealing with people who invest in football clubs because in a previous job of his he once tried to introduce an investor to Ipswich Town for a fee

80Ken Anderson - update. - Page 4 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 14:52

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Good news about radio Manchester. Ken must have extracted more money.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum