Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

81Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 15:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As predicted. No action and everyone else is to blame.
What is particularly galling about this creep is the lying.

"at no point did we produce a valuation document that we circulated to potential investors"
"at no point did we promise to look at new investment at the end of the season"
"at no point did we promise to improve the squad"

Well Ken, at no point did I believe a single word your PR team put out.

82Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:13

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

How can the loyalty bonuses be something he inherited from the previous regime? Unless the £500,000 went to a handful of players, because most of the players have been signed/resigned whilst Ken has been in charge.

83Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:42

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

DEANO82 wrote:How can the loyalty bonuses be something he inherited from the previous regime? Unless the £500,000 went to a handful of players, because most of the players have been signed/resigned whilst Ken has been in charge.
Pratley and Amos weren't signed while Ken was here. Money would have been another one. Thats £1, 000,000 down the drain.

84Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 16:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His latest notes are proper disheartening, all hope for the new season evaporated reading that.

85Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 17:03

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:His latest notes are proper disheartening, all hope for the new season evaporated reading that.
Must have realised that everyone who is going to buy a season ticket has got one by now.

86Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 17:05

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anderson wrote: wrote:Ken Anderson is searching for up to £30million of investment at Wanderers this summer.

The Bolton chairman is under no illusion what his job entails if Phil Parkinson’s side succeed in their fight against relegation from the Championship.

In order to help the Whites compete in an inflated transfer market, Anderson intends to find a backer with “deeper pockets” and an ambition of Premier League football.

Wanderers’ playing budget is known to be among the division’s lowest this season, and Parkinson has been unable to pay a transfer fee since walking through the doors of the Macron Stadium. But Anderson accepts that has to change if Bolton are to continue an upward trajectory.

“We need to get to a level of budget which gives us the chance to challenge,” he told The Bolton News. “It doesn’t need to be something at the level of Wolves or Derby. But I think somewhere between £10-30million. It is my job to get that.

“I think we know where to go to get it. It’s a fact that most of the money isn’t coming from the UK anymore.

“Middle East, Asia, China, the US – that is really where my background has been in the past. And it’s where I’ll look again.”

Anderson shelved talk of selling the club a couple of months into the season after feeling the speculation had been a distraction to the team and the supporters.

Should Wanderers survive for a second season of Championship football the chairman would ideally like to stay on and work alongside the potential backers.

“We have said right from the start that to finish 21st would be a success because it would give us the opportunity to build in that second season.

“It is my job then to find financial investors – but this isn’t about selling the club.

“We want to move alongside the bigger clubs in this division and we’re realistic enough to know we will need investment.
So to that end he produced an investment manifesto and appointed an accountant to seek out potential investors.

Today Anderson wrote: wrote:At no point have we sought to proactively seek investment or market the sale of the club. Furthermore, no one has been appointed to sell the club.

So if that isn't a downright lie, please explain.

87Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 17:05

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It's going to be a bottom six survival battle from the West Brom game to the end of the season.

Nothing has changed other than a few new faces sitting in the deckchairs.

88Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 17:11

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolutely astonishing that we have still not replaced Madine. Poor all round. Targets should’ve been lined up and almost completed as soon as the final game ended.

Oztumer and Olkowski must be regretting joining us

89Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 17:46

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Cajunboy wrote:It's going to be a bottom six survival battle from the West Brom game to the end of the season.

Nothing has changed other than a few new faces sitting in the deckchairs.
You need patience, rather than patients.

90Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 18:38

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boggersbelief wrote:Absolutely astonishing that we have still not replaced Madine. Poor all round. Targets should’ve been lined up and almost completed as soon as the final game ended.

Oztumer and Olkowski must be regretting joining us
Yes, I thought Ken would have spent £1 million of the £6 million Madine fee on a half decent striker but it seems we aren't even going to be getting that.

91Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 18:41

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got close to 8 mill from the Madine sale. Where has it gone

92Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 18:46

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Got close to 8 mill from the Madine sale. Where has it gone
£ 8m for Madine, £7m for staying in the Championship, that's £15m someones not sharing around.

93Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 18:51

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I expect it's still there, being saved for the rainy days in Div 3 to cover Ken and Lee's salaries  in case they haven't sold the club on for their profit.

94Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 18:53

Is the 7 million prize money or tv money for the following season?

95Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 19:03

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

T.R.O.Y wrote:Is the 7 million prize money or tv money for the following season?
£4 million of it is extra  TV money for being in tier 2 rather than tier 3, I would think Sky  pay that quickly.
the other £ 3 million is extra revenue from stuff like selling Leeds, Sheff Weds, Villa and Stoke 20,000 seats at £30 a pop

96Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 19:05

Don’t think either of those will have reached our bank as of yet then to be honest - although I’m no expert.

97Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Thu Jul 26 2018, 23:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Anderson wrote: wrote:Ken Anderson is searching for up to £30million of investment at Wanderers this summer.

The Bolton chairman is under no illusion what his job entails if Phil Parkinson’s side succeed in their fight against relegation from the Championship.

In order to help the Whites compete in an inflated transfer market, Anderson intends to find a backer with “deeper pockets” and an ambition of Premier League football.

Wanderers’ playing budget is known to be among the division’s lowest this season, and Parkinson has been unable to pay a transfer fee since walking through the doors of the Macron Stadium. But Anderson accepts that has to change if Bolton are to continue an upward trajectory.

“We need to get to a level of budget which gives us the chance to challenge,” he told The Bolton News. “It doesn’t need to be something at the level of Wolves or Derby. But I think somewhere between £10-30million. It is my job to get that.

“I think we know where to go to get it. It’s a fact that most of the money isn’t coming from the UK anymore.

“Middle East, Asia, China, the US – that is really where my background has been in the past. And it’s where I’ll look again.”

Anderson shelved talk of selling the club a couple of months into the season after feeling the speculation had been a distraction to the team and the supporters.

Should Wanderers survive for a second season of Championship football the chairman would ideally like to stay on and work alongside the potential backers.

“We have said right from the start that to finish 21st would be a success because it would give us the opportunity to build in that second season.

“It is my job then to find financial investors – but this isn’t about selling the club.

“We want to move alongside the bigger clubs in this division and we’re realistic enough to know we will need investment.
So to that end he produced an investment manifesto and appointed an accountant to seek out potential investors.

Today Anderson wrote: wrote:At no point have we sought to proactively seek investment or market the sale of the club. Furthermore, no one has been appointed to sell the club.

So if that isn't a downright lie, please explain.

What's not to understand?

It's a bit like me saying I'd like to sell Sluffy Towers and put the word out.

I get four prospect purchasers contact me to have a look around.

I tell them 'great but prove you've got the money to buy first'.

For various reasons they haven't.

At no point have I 'proactively' tried to sell my mansion nor have I 'appointed' estate agents to sell it - have I?

So I could say more or less exactly what Anderson has without saying one word of a lie.

You're just looking for any shit to justify your unsubstantiated hatred of KA.

I'm amazed he's not bankrupted the club yet like you told us only last week that that was his master plan all along!

Rolling Eyes

98Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jul 27 2018, 00:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
£ 8m for Madine, £7m for staying in the Championship, that's £15m someones not sharing around.

My understanding from what Iles tweeted over the months that we got £5 million when we sold Madine and a further £1 when Cardiff were promoted.

We won't have received the extra £1 million until this season's 'tax year' which in football seems to start in July and end the following June.

Similarly we won't have been paid up front the £7 million or whatever it is, for staying up yet - I believe it's paid in staged payments throughout the year and not all at once.

So in reality we have only received £5 million so far and as we had estimated a £6 million debt for last season, then I expect that has already been spent on players wages and the accounts for that year would hopefully only show a loss of £1 million or less instead of £6 million or more.

It's not really difficult to understand these things if people used their heads rather following and believing everything the anti-Anderson nutters spew all over twitter and the Bolton News comments section.

I even see people posting images of clocks showing a minute to midnight as they still believe Armageddon will happen on the 1st September - the day after the BluMarble loan is due.

There's going to be a lot of unhappy people out there when they realise they've been desperately wishing for something that definitely isn't going to happen.

99Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jul 27 2018, 10:18

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m sure Bolton fans really don’t want them proved that their worries were justified. Merely people are raising their concerns and opinions. Whether they are pro Anderson or anti Anderson

100Ken Anderson - update. - Page 5 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Fri Jul 27 2018, 10:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I’m sure Bolton fans really don’t want them proved that their worries were justified.  Merely people are raising their concerns and opinions.  Whether they are pro Anderson or anti Anderson
Well put. We're all pro BWFC and because we care it is perfectly normal to be concerned when a man of his character grabs control.  Most of us thought Gartside was doing a responsible job for years - until the poo hit the fan and the full extent of the damage was finally revealed. Nobody wants to see that again.
Concern is healthy in a "hope for the best, prepare for the worst" kind of way i.e. we all hope he doesn't f*** the club over.
Personally I'll be delighted if he actually is doing a decent job, but unfortunately nobody knows because he controls the information and tells every story the way he wants it to sound.
Hopefully we'll sign some decent players who will keep us up for another season.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum