Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-0 Birmingham

+19
King Bill
Keegan
Nigelbwfc
observer
MartinBWFC
okocha
gloswhite
rammywhite
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
DEANO82
Boggersbelief
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
wessy
wanderlust
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

101Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:28

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
She goes with whoever wins on the day between Chorley and Bolton!
Blimey! She must be knackered.

102Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Nat’s a plastic fan Wander.

No plastic here, except in my bra.

I watch both teams in the flesh. The trouble comes when they both play at home on the same day.

103Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

I watch both teams in the flesh. 
Me too. That's part of the joy of being in the privacy of my armchair.

104Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 11:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

I watch both teams in the flesh. 
Me too. That's part of the joy of being in the privacy of my armchair.

I wouldn’t like to go over it with a uv lamp. Shocked

105Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 12:41

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I wouldn’t like to go over it with a uv lamp. Shocked

Only you would have that as a first thought on this subject.

106Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 12:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:I wouldn’t like to go over it with a uv lamp. Shocked

Only you would have that as a first thought on this subject.

Laughing

107Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 12:51

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Another great result. The whole team, although lacking in any real quality as yet, fought for everything and showed a determination that I've not seen for many a season. There are glimpses of a potentially half decent team going forward. Early days still but the signs are good.

108Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 12:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Can't seem to find Martin's obligatory 'Parkinson out' comments on this thread, can someone point me in there direction please.

Thank you.

109Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 12:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Can't seem to find Martin's obligatory 'Parkinson out' comments on this thread, can someone point me in there direction please.

Thank you.

Parkinson has become Martin's newest idol due to the fantastic run of form so far.

He even has had a poster printer to put above his bed that he worships!

110Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 12:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Parkinson has become Martin's newest idol due to the fantastic run of form so far.

He even has had a poster printer to put above his bed that he worships!

You seem very familiar with Martin's bedroom.

No one will be surprised.

111Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 13:02

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Credit where its due I thought Buckley did ok when he came on and helped change the game !!

112Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 13:08

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:Another great result. The whole team, although lacking in any real quality as yet, fought for everything and showed a determination that I've not seen for many a season. There are glimpses of a potentially half decent team going forward. Early days still but the signs are good.

Lacking in any real quality? Makes no sense that comment

113Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 13:11

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Lacking in any real quality? Makes no sense that comment

Of course it makes sense. We tried to play football last night, but we don't have enough players comfortable on the ball to make it work.

114Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 13:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Lacking in any real quality? Makes no sense that comment

Of course it makes sense. We tried to play football last night, but we don't have enough players comfortable on the ball to make it work.

Ameobi, Wildschut and Oztumer would walk into most sides in this league

115Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 13:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Ameobi, Wildschut and Oztumer would walk into most sides in this league

They really wouldn't. I'm not even convinced Wildschut & Oz will get in our team long term.

116Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 14:39

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Deary me

117Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 16:02

Tungsten3

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Another tight game that the opposition could of one.
Brum miles better in first half and we took the second half.

Wildschut didnt see to have good ball control last night and even though he was our main threat last night with his pace it ultimately came to nothing. Noone while he tried had less joy on the right flank.
IT certainly was an attacking line up and that surprised me.

Oz though had his back to goal most of the time.

Lee probert was poor last night but not as bad as the idiot against bristol C.
Proberts poor reffing stifled us with mcgennis getting nothing out of him.

Overall it probably should of been a draw buts its great to see a first home win of the season and to be lucky o come out on top.

Liked gary oneil last night he did get the tackles in and also had some decent forward passing. I thought he was going to be a permanent sub but looked like a starter after that performance.

118Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 18:07

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

According to the BBC possession was 48% which is good considering it didn't look that way watching it. None the less that's a step in the right direction. Attacking formation and players who have not really played together yet....Not bad overall I thought.
Sammy came on...put his foot on the ball...beat a man.....the whole team seemed to pick up when he appeared. Obviously the difference maker last night.
More of the same on Saturday would be in order Phil.

119Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 18:16

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having more possession isn’t going to get us promoted. Winning games, even if we do it ugly is all that matters. If we even get a sniff of challenging for promotion this season we need to grab it with both hands

120Bolton 1-0 Birmingham - Page 6 Empty Re: Bolton 1-0 Birmingham Thu Aug 23 2018, 18:35

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Boggersbelief wrote:Having more possession isn’t going to get us promoted. Winning games, even if we do it ugly is all that matters. If we even get a sniff of challenging for promotion this season we need to grab it with both hands
You've got more chance of kissing a girl, than Bolton have getting even near the top 6.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum