Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Year of the Dragon!

+3
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Year of the Dragon! Empty The Year of the Dragon! Fri Jan 20 2012, 12:06

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

The Chinese New Year starts on Wednesday - the year of the Dragon - but do you know the other animals in the Chinese twelve year cycle?

Well they are listed below - and I'm apparently a monkey - and the table below that shows your characteristics - they've got me spot on (apart from all that negative shit of course!).

What are you?

The Year of the Dragon! Chinese_zodiac

1. Rat () (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Water): Forthright, tenacious, intense, meticulous, charismatic, sensitive, intellectual, industrious, charming, eloquent, sociable, artistic, and shrewd. Can be manipulative, vindictive, self-destructive, envious, mendacious, venal, obstinate, critical, over-ambitious, ruthless, intolerant, and scheming.
  2. Ox () (Water buffalo in Vietnam) (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Water): Dependable, ambitious, calm, methodical, born leader, patient, hardworking, conventional, steady, modest, logical, resolute, tenacious. Can be stubborn, dogmatic, hot-tempered, narrow-minded, materialistic, rigid, demanding.
  3. Tiger () (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Unpredictable, rebellious, colorful, powerful, passionate, daring, impulsive, vigorous, stimulating, sincere, affectionate, humanitarian, generous. Can be restless, reckless, impatient, quick-tempered, obstinate, selfish, aggressive, moody.
  4. Rabbit or () (Cat in Vietnam) (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Gracious, good friend, kind, sensitive, soft-spoken, amiable, elegant, reserved, cautious, artistic, thorough, tender, self-assured, shy, astute, compassionate, lucky, flexible. Can be moody, detached, superficial, self-indulgent, opportunistic, stubborn.
  5. Dragon / () (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Wood): Magnanimous, stately, vigorous, strong, self-assured, proud, noble, direct, dignified, eccentric, intellectual, fiery, passionate, decisive, pioneering, artistic, generous, loyal. Can be tactless, arrogant, imperious, tyrannical, demanding, intolerant, dogmatic, violent, impetuous, brash.
  6. Snake () (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Deep thinker, wise, mystic, graceful, soft-spoken, sensual, creative, prudent, shrewd, elegant, cautious, responsible, calm, strong, constant, purposeful. Can be loner, bad communicator, possessive, hedonistic, self-doubting, distrustful, mendacious, suffocating, cold.
  7. Horse / () (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Cheerful, popular, quick-witted, changeable, earthy, perceptive, talkative, agile, magnetic, intelligent, astute, flexible, open-minded. Can be fickle, arrogant, childish, anxious, rude, gullible, stubborn.
  8. Sheep () (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Fire): Righteous, sincere, sympathetic, mild-mannered, observant, artistic, intellectual, ingenious, innovative, creative, mothering, peaceful, generous. Can be indecisive, over-passive, worrier, pessimistic, sensitive, shy, weak-willed.
  9. Monkey () (Yang, 1st Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Inventor, motivator, improviser, quick-witted, inquisitive, flexible, innovative, problem solver, self-assured, sociable, artistic, polite, dignified, competitive, objective, factual. Can be egotistical, vain, arrogant, selfish, reckless, snobbish, deceptive, manipulative, cunning, jealous, suspicious, stubborn.
  10. Rooster / () (Yin, 2nd Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Acute, neat, meticulous, organized, self-assured, decisive, conservative, critical, perfectionist, alert, zealous, practical, scientific, responsible. Can be over zealous and critical, puritanical, egotistical, abrasive, proud, opinionated, given to empty bravado.
  11. Dog / () (Yang, 3rd Trine, Fixed Element Metal): Honest, intelligent, straightforward, loyal, sense of justice and fair play, attractive, amicable, unpretentious, sociable, open-minded, idealistic, moralistic, practical, affectionate, sensitive, easy going. Can be cynical, lazy, cold, judgmental, pessimistic, worrier, stubborn, quarrelsome.
  12. Pig / () (Boar in Japan and Elephant in Northern Thailand) (Yin, 4th Trine, Fixed Element Water): Honest, gallant, sturdy, sociable, peace-loving, patient, loyal, hard-working, trusting, sincere, calm, understanding, thoughtful, scrupulous, passionate, intelligent. Can be naïve, over-reliant, self-indulgent, gullible, fatalistic, materialistic.

2The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Fri Jan 20 2012, 12:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am a pig, as is my better half. She has all the good qualities and I have all the bad ones. A perfect match.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Fri Jan 20 2012, 12:12; edited 1 time in total

3The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Fri Jan 20 2012, 12:12

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I was born in the year of the snake - Deep thinker, wise, mystic....hmmmm think I was born in the wrong year.

I wonder how it all started off and why they have them chosen animals.

4The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Fri Jan 20 2012, 19:02

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Year of the Monkey

The Year of the Dragon! Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQROhXMbQxNuvzHR84vquzhDaAHAM5-l6itlDIzNrToQ9R0b55w2VxUew

I didn't know this and strangely enough, I like to bite random people on the nose as well!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

5The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Fri Jan 20 2012, 19:18

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Fcuking hell I am a Dog.

6The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Fri Jan 20 2012, 19:21

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm a Tiger..think there was a song called that.

7The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Fri Jan 20 2012, 19:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:Fcuking hell I am a Dog.

Yup, that's about right. I see one of your negative traits is being quarrelsome! Razz

8The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Sat Jan 21 2012, 08:54

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Born in the year of the pig - and most of the traits are acccurate.

9The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Mon Jan 23 2012, 03:33

I was born in the year of the sheep and share almost none of those traits.

10The Year of the Dragon! Empty Re: The Year of the Dragon! Mon Jan 23 2012, 13:01

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:I am a pig, as is my better half. She has all the good qualities and I have all the bad ones. A perfect match.

so you were either born in 1959, 1971 or 1983......

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum