Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A question for Copper Dragon.

+7
Bwfc1958
NickFazer
karlypants
Boggersbelief
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Copper Dragon
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1A question for Copper Dragon. Empty A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 14:52

This is honestly not a gloat (like we've got anything to gloat about), it's a genuine question:

Which do you prefer -

Battering everybody else every week in the poxy Championship

or

Having your arse handed to you 90% of the time in the "Promised Land" of English football?

Forget the money the club will earn and the fact that you're on telly quite a lot, being all swanky with the big boys, I'm on about the actual match-day experience.

Personally, I'd rather see my team win.

Edit: People who aren't actually CD can chip in if they like. Thanks.

2A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 18:25

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There's absolutely nothing 'poxy' about the Championship, for me it's the best division in England and probably Europe.

The problem is that you want to see your club do well and doing well in the Championship means promotion to the money circus. If the Premier League had said at the end of last season we'll give you £60 million and the choice of whether you want to play in the Premier or the Championship, then it would be thanks very much for the brass and we're off to Rotherham.

Some fans say yes but what about all the great players coming to t'Turf, well I saw Samuel Eto'o score two today and I really couldn't give a toss. I don't go to t'Turf for that.

I didn't enjoy that second half today, it was like being at a funeral.

When people ask me "do you like Burnley?", I say yes I do like Burnley but not Premier League, Premier League football can fuck off.

3A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 19:44

Great answer - I fully get where you're coming from.

Cheers.

4A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 20:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next time, get a room or use PM.

5A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 20:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Copper Dragon wrote:There's absolutely nothing 'poxy' about the Championship, for me it's the best division in England and probably Europe.

The problem is that you want to see your club do well and doing well in the Championship means promotion to the money circus. If the Premier League had said at the end of last season we'll give you £60 million and the choice of whether you want to play in the Premier or the Championship, then it would be thanks very much for the brass and we're off to Rotherham.

Some fans say yes but what about all the great players coming to t'Turf, well I saw Samuel Eto'o score two today and I really couldn't give a toss. I don't go to t'Turf for that.

When people ask me "do you like Burnley?", I say yes I do like Burnley but not Premier League, Premier League football can fuck off.

Can I ask you something, do you think a change of manager could save you or are the team just way out of their depth?

6A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 20:53

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Copper Dragon wrote:There's absolutely nothing 'poxy' about the Championship, for me it's the best division in England and probably Europe.

Can I ask you something, do you think a change of manager could save you or are the team just way out of their depth?

Too late to save them. Their manager should have been replaced when he thought that Lukeyjuke & Fish eyes were the men to fire them to premier league safety.

7A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 20:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

8A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 21:30

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The board at Burnley look to be taking a sensible approach i.e.take the money and run. Some would call it lack of ambition I would call it good stewardship. 

Course now I have said that Dyche will get the sack and they'll blow 60 million in thr January sales.

9A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 22:13

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

aaron_bwfc wrote:Can I ask you something, do you think a change of manager could save you or are the team just way out of their depth?

Well firstly we aren't relegated yet  Very Happy although it is looking increasingly likely.

No a change of manager wouldn't help and I wouldn't want a change anyway. Burnley managers are always given time, except from when we make glaring mistakes like Chris Waddle and Brian Laws.

Folk have to remember that Dyche is only in his 3rd full season as a professional manager and he's managing in the money circus, with no real backing money wise and no real options to change how it is going on the field. 

Dyche will have a job at Burnley for however long he wants it.

To answer your question it is that the players (as a whole) aren't good enough for this league.

I still at the beginning of the season thought we had enough to stay up even with our squad, although I wasn't expecting mid table or owt I knew we would be in and around the shite all season.

Dyche is an 8 goal legend at Chesterfield though, now that would be a sideways move.  Very Happy

10A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Sun Oct 26 2014, 22:22

Copper Dragon

Copper Dragon
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

NickFazer wrote:The board at Burnley look to be taking a sensible approach i.e.take the money and run. Some would call it lack of ambition I would call it good stewardship. 

Course now I have said that Dyche will get the sack and they'll blow 60 million in thr January sales.

It is a sensible approach but it's not quite taking the money and running.

The talk is that the wages this season will total around £25 to £30 million (yes I know, that much for relegation fodder players) and when you think that last season without promotion bonuses it was around £14 million you see why the sensible approach is the only option for a club like ours.

You're alright with what you've said, Dyche won't be sacked at any time and we couldn't spend £60 million if we tried.  Very Happy

11A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 02:07

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Personally I would rather get to the prem and stay there. The first few years in the money circus, as you call it, under big Sam were a real struggle and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth. I still enjoyed it though. Being the underdog and prevailing against the odds was exciting I thought. That is the foundation to becoming a winning team. Having come through that period you can bring the better players and so gradually establish yourself as a good premier league side. Did you not enjoy finishing in the top six and very nearly snatching a champions league spot? I think it was goal difference in the end that separated us from Everton and a chance to play in a qualifier for the champions league. All good teams begin as shit teams and if you would rather hang around the championship rather than have ambition to progress and become a better team then what's the point?

12A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 12:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Personally I would rather get to the prem and stay there. The first few years in the money circus, as you call it, under big Sam were a real struggle and we stayed up by the skin of our teeth. I still enjoyed it though. Being the underdog and prevailing against the odds was exciting I thought. That is the foundation to becoming a winning team. Having come through that period you can bring the better players and so gradually establish yourself as a good premier league side. Did you not enjoy finishing in the top six and very nearly snatching a champions league spot? I think it was goal difference in the end that separated us from Everton and a chance to play in a qualifier for the champions league. All good teams begin as shit teams and if you would rather hang around the championship rather than have ambition to progress and become a better team then what's the point?
When we were struggling in the Prem it was hard work. For years our ambition was mid table anonymity and it wasn't that exciting. Wouldn't have minded if we'd taken that opportunity to consolidate our finances but we didn't. 
We decided we wanted more and to compete at the top end of the premiership so the wages rocketed, we flirted with Europe and now we're f****d.

A simple tale of simple folk.

13A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:33

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

I agree the financial management wasn't great but if Sam had never left where would we be now? The reason he did leave is because the club wouldn't back him to progress further. In other words he wanted more cash to spend. It could be argued that if we had spent even more than we actually did we could have achieved something very special. We'll never know

14A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:49

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would rather watch my team play against some of the best players in the world, with a great away atmosphere.

15A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 16:57

scottjames30 wrote:I would rather watch my team play against some of the best players in the world, with a great away atmosphere.

Why, if you're getting thumped every week?

"Ooh, look! Drogba's just smashed another one past Lonergan - that was ace! We're losing 8-0 but the away atmosphere's brilliant!"

Sorry, not for me.......

16A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:00

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:
scottjames30 wrote:I would rather watch my team play against some of the best players in the world, with a great away atmosphere.

"Ooh, look!  Drogba's just smashed another one past Lonergan - that was ace! We're losing 8-0 but the away atmosphere's brilliant!"

Sorry, not for me.......

Teams like west ham, Everton and Southampton are doing ok. 

There's no reason why we could not emulate them in a few years time

17A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:04

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman wrote:

"Ooh, look!  Drogba's just smashed another one past Lonergan - that was ace! We're losing 8-0 but the away atmosphere's brilliant!"

Sorry, not for me.......

I suppose that you can just turn your radio over.

18A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:16

Stop just copying Whittam and get your own act........

19A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:18

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Says someone 'trying' the Amos act Laughing

20A question for Copper Dragon. Empty Re: A question for Copper Dragon. Mon Oct 27 2014, 17:57

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Says someone 'trying' the Amos act Laughing
I don't think Breadders knows who Amos is Scott...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum