Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung Yong wants ball kept on the ground!

+9
JakeSnake
Keegan
doffcocker
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
largehat
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

CHUNG-YONG Lee believes Wanderers need to cut down on the long ball if they are going to really hit their stride in the Championship.

The Korean winger played his first game in 16 months at the Reebok on Tuesday night, contributing to a nervy 2-0 victory to get the Whites off the mark.

But he admits the pressure to get a first win may have affected the standard of football.

“Both sides were playing a lot of long ball,” he said. “I think that we need to try and pass the ball on the floor more.

“If we can pass a lot we have the quality to easily win games like this. We have some very good players who can pass the ball on the floor very well.
“After the skipper scored, we got confidence and made some good play. I think as each game we play, the better we are getting. The fans were very loud and it is nice to play in the Reebok Stadium.”

A double fractured leg forced Chung-Yong to sit out for virtually the whole of last season as Wanderers dropped through the relegation trap door.

But as he nears full match fitness, the 24-year-old is now relishing the challenge of a promotion push.

“Personally, after my injury, I feel okay,” he said.

“Pre-season was very good for me to play games. Now we are only two games into the league season.
“We all know it is going to be a marathon and are looking forward to it.

“I’m enjoying my football and I am happy. All the squad believe in each other. We know we have the quality to get back to the Premier League.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Finally one of the players gets it!

Last edited by BoltonTillIDie on Thu 23 Aug - 13:55; edited 1 time in total

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Please could you tidy this post up a bit, BTID. It's a mess. Even Sluffy doesn't post copy and pasted articles with a load of code in the middle of them. Thanks.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Congratulations to Largehat for his promotion to Chief of Thread Police.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Please could you tidy this post up a bit, BTID. It's a mess. Even Sluffy doesn't post copy and pasted articles with a load of code in the middle of them. Thanks.

Sorted - Didnt even notice it...

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Who can remember Davies' flick on to himself on Tuesday night? On his second attempt like 90% off the time it went to the a Derby player and they had the chance to get the ball down and attack. Chungy looked at Afobe and he pointed at his feet, as if to say lets get it on the deck and build up an attack. It was fustrating as hell to watch and I felt sorry for the likes of Mavis and chungy when the ball was just bypassing them up field.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lee can want all he likes, we don't have players capable of keeping the ball on the ground.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
largehat wrote:Please could you tidy this post up a bit, BTID. It's a mess. Even Sluffy doesn't post copy and pasted articles with a load of code in the middle of them. Thanks.

Top man.

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

The system Coyle is using this season isnt going to get us promoted. We can see it, Chungy can see it, so its down to Coyle to get his tactics right for tomorrow night otherwise it will be nil points and a severe confidence kick.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I still want to know why Coyle, the man who was brought in (amongst other things) to get us playing "more entertaining" football.

hasn't achieved even the most modest of targets in that regard.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I still want to know why Coyle, the man who was brought in (amongst other things) to get us playing "more entertaining" football.

hasn't achieved even the most modest of targets in that regard.

Was wondering about that very thing myself.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

There was a lot of booing at half time against Derby, something some posters think was a disgrace. I didn't personally boo, but when the manager is happy for us to stick with the same system that gave us our most upsetting performance and result in years just three days before, what the fuck do you expect? The brand of football we're playing at the moment is in some ways as frustrating as Smegson's.

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

doffcocker wrote:There was a lot of booing at half time against Derby, something some posters think was a disgrace. I didn't personally boo, but when the manager is happy for us to stick with the same system that gave us our most upsetting performance and result in years just three days before, what the fuck do you expect? The brand of football we're playing at the moment is in some ways as frustrating as Smegson's.

I see your point of view, doffcocker, I just think booing the team off at half time is something I'd expect to see only if we were playing terribly and losing, rather than playing OK and drawing. You can't tell me that booing the players off at half time sends the message to the players "we're sick of 4-4-2 and Zat getting a new contract".

A lot of people on forums claim that they use them to slag the team/manager off and vent but when they go to the Reebok they get behind the team. Some of them are lying.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:

Re-sorted. Wink

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Booing the team off can have both a positive or negative effect... Sometimes it will dint confidence or sometimes it will make the team fight on... But talking about stringing passes together, it's something every football team needs to do but only a few actually do it... You look at the prem teams and theres some which play hoof-ball (Stoke) and people who play attractive, passing football (Chelsea) but I believe it is what we need to do but I can guarantee it won't happen... I know Mark Davies can't pass... Andrews is usually a master at picking a pass but we'll have to wait and see...

But I found it funny how Chungy said that's what we needed to do when he's a winger who should lob the ball...

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Remove the hoofers and problem fixed.
Players who can't pass a ball ten feet should not be professional footballers IMO.
One hoofer outside of that is Boggers ..... will somebody tell him to roll it out to one of our players for a change......Jussi did the same....so they have not been coached yet apparently.

I have no issue with the boos at halftime against Derby, they deserved it after the start to the season we've made. Hopefully the second half performance will spur them on now, but Forest will be far more difficult. What we don't want is boos becoming a regular occurrence, that will definitely have a negative impact on the players, they'll stop taking risks in fear of fucking up and getting booed. Best way to avoid boos, is to win a game or two.

In terms of passing football, I think we were probably the worst side in terms of keeping it last season, hasn't been much of an improvement in this. The problem lies with K.Davies for me- through no fault of his own - I think it's too easy an option for the defenders/Bogdan to hoof it up to him, and Im sure Coyle tells them to do that which is worrying. When we do pass it I think we look a far better prospect, have to disagree with Jakesnake about Mark Davies's passing, his short game is very good but he rarely receives the ball in the right areas because of the formation and the long ball that we play. Said it many times, but play an extra man in the middle in a 433/451/4231 and we'd see far more passing, 442 is so rigid it doesn't lend to a passing game in my opinion, unless you have really good players to fit into it. Hence when we had Holden's energy and passing in the centre we were far better to watch.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

JakeSnake wrote:...But I found it funny how Chungy said that's what we needed to do when he's a winger who should lob the ball...

That's not all a winger does, Jake - a lot of the time wingers cut in and build up plays that lead to shots on goal. This is very effective when the ball is kept on the ground, as he wants us to do.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

Keegan wrote:
JakeSnake wrote:...But I found it funny how Chungy said that's what we needed to do when he's a winger who should lob the ball...

That's not all a winger does, Jake - a lot of the time wingers cut in and build up plays that lead to shots on goal. This is very effective when the ball is kept on the ground, as he wants us to do.

Yes, I know that but it was weird how he noticed the passing on the ground incapablity....

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm sure a I read a post match interview with Kevin Davies where even he mentioned there was too much 'route one' on Tuesday. So fingers crossed we might see a bit more of the ball on the floor tomorrow night.

I'm desperate to see some short goal kicks, possession is everything in football, so many other teams have cottoned on to the fact that big goal kicks are a possession lottery, it's high time Coyle did too.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

largehat wrote: it's high time Coyle did too.

I see what you did there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum