Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chung Yong wants ball kept on the ground!

+9
JakeSnake
Keegan
doffcocker
Numpty 28723
Hipster_Nebula
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
largehat
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I had quoted Kevin Davies from the interview you mention, largehat. Unfortunately, although the players may notice a failing as it relates to passing the ball on the floor, it does not seem to be a priority of the present administration to play 'tippy-tappy' football. More's the pity - the now-famous Elmander goal was as a result of some quite good passing along the floor and Mavies' goal was an even better example - I seem to recall a backheel from our erstwhile captain as a part of that play.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Stupid Bolton fans, you'll always be a long ball team. Shit club, shit team, shit style.

JakeSnake

David Lee
David Lee

^Shit Face

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I think the ground has been lacking hostility for a while.
Maybe if last season we'd shown some disapproval at getting a weekly dicking, we'd have seen some passion in our play. The players' body language for a while has suggested they don't give a shit about BWFC so long as they get their cheque at the end of the week. One of the worst things about last season was being sat in my seat, looking round, wondering if I was the only person to be appalled by what I was witnessing. I can't help delighting in seeing the hideous Coyle love-in seemingly coming to an end.

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Shit me!...Lee should join Mensa hes that damn clever

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I have noticed players like Petrov looking really wound up by the lack of football at times at our club. You can see it in his body language and his face. And I fully support him. I am sure he deliberately misses K Davies out in moves if he possibly can. Kudos for that.

There was a thread a few weeks ago about one of the coaches saying there is no point in passing all the time.

Oh. And on Bogdan. One of my favourite pluses about him last season was that the majority of his passes from goal kicks were short and he would release the ball quickly by rolling or bowling the ball to feet. Has that stopped? And is it being coached out of him?

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The performances have to improve if we're trying to play the ball around like Barca. There were a few patches of good movement and passing in the Burnley game but they gave the ball away too frequently. If the players we have all play at the top of their game it can be done, but I'm still waiting for that to happen.
I'm all for a bit of directness as an alternative as long as they mix it up a bit.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sometimes a nice quick throw is just what you want. I can't recall Bogdan ever collecting the ball and instantaneously distributing it. Is he being instructed against doing so? Possibly - I remember Jaaskelainen being the same.

Every time he has the ball in his hands - the look, the consideration, the ten second pause that feels like an eternity, the hoof - a part of me dies inside.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum