Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum layout changes

+16
Cajunboy
wanderlust
DEANO82
Boggersbelief
observer
Sluffy
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
Growler
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Leeds_Trotter
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

21Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Tue Sep 25 2018, 20:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Just noticed, whats wrong with the avatars. Is the aspect ratio correct ? My sign looks like a blue Billy Bunter, which reflects well for myself, but not the club's badge

22Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Tue Sep 25 2018, 20:45

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:While I'm at it, do we really need to press the 'Go' button after we have already chosen which forum we want. The old system was better for this.

Can we have a decent set of icons/emoticons instead of the ragtag bunch we have ?

Otherwise, change is good  Very Happy

I'm currently looking into getting more emoticons, that's the next thing on my to do list.

23Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Tue Sep 25 2018, 21:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Good man

24Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 02:10

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sorry guys but this is God awful. Please put it back to how it was. One of the things that I most liked about the forum is how easy it was to read and navigate around it. This doesn't work at all for me.

25Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't come on for one night and look what happens  Very Happy

26Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it looks ok to me by the way, i did do a double take when i first logged on this morning but it doesn't look that much different to me.

27Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

one thing i would change - a bigger logo on the main page would be better  :good:

28Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 09:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:Hate this. It's a Wanderers Ways clone.

I'm off until you restore the old look.

I'm not around much at the moment so although I knew a change of layout was on the way I was as surprised as most people to find out that it had been done, I had thought we were going to give a few days notice of it happening to allow people to expect a change and possibly not to 'knee-jerk' to it quite as much as they seem to have.

It's certainly not the finished article and updates and tweaks will take place to improve the look and layout, so give us a chance please.

I quite like Wanderers Ways new look and I don't think it would be such a bad idea if we could achieve freshening up our forum as they have seemed to have done imo.

I've certainly not had any time to find my way about the forum so I can't really comment on that but I do think from a visual point of view there are things we can do to enhance what we've done so far, such as removing the tiny margins we seem to have, replace the black background to white where it is showing behind our banner at the top of the page, and I think if we can also change the pale blue background behind the posts to white, it would help significantly in making the site look much 'crisper'.

Ok, the new look is not to everybody's taste but I've been through numerous forum changes in my time and disliked everyone of them BUT after some time I gradually got used to them - then some years later moaned like hell when things were changed again because I had grown to like the changes that I originally hated!

As far as I understand it, everything we had and could do before, is still available to us, we just need to get use to everything again.

Let us all give it a chance but if you are having trouble with anything about the new look please just say on here what it is and we will try our best to sort it out for you.

Thanks.

29Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 11:38

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Just my opinion... but the old format was easier to read.  This new version seems wider to scan and to me, is much more difficult to comprehend.

30Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 13:04

Looks fine to me.

31Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 13:07

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is shocking. Change it back

32Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 13:34

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Unless you are zoomed in trying to read the front page is nigh on impossible. Threads aren't that bad to read but still looks like you are reading a word document because of all the white, especially when reading any long winded post about Brexit or Ken Anderson.

33Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 13:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry guys but I'm not a fan either. 

I would have done a bit of user research - perhaps via a suggestions box, a dedicated discussion thread and a sandpit site to trial and get feedback on changes before taking a corporate decision and forging ahead with it - design isn't about designers, it's about users. 

Honest feedback rather than a "knee jerk reaction".

Presume there's no chance of going back now?

34Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 13:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You'll find white print, on a black background much easier on the eyes.

35Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 14:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These changes have come suspiciously soon after the buckets were out in force.

36Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 14:42

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Forum layout changes - Page 2 Images12
All this white  is really hard on the eyes and does not make me want to stay on here for too long. ( perhaps a good thing)

37Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 15:43

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Give over mithering- you'll get used to it

38Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 16:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Not liking it so far. I appreciate it is a work in progress but it is harder to read and I haven't found the navigation as user friendly as it was before. Perhaps I have missed something but what I want when I visit is to be able to go to posts since last visit and then only the new posts on a page not the whole page.

And as for more emoticons - WTF! I only use about three and I don't know what most of the existing ones mean anyway (probably an age thing I admit).

39Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 16:06

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Didn't like having to click view my message rather than being taken automatically to my post either.

Definitely a thumbs down from me to the redesign.  ::seething::

Although this post did appear automatically!

40Forum layout changes - Page 2 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Wed Sep 26 2018, 16:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just tried to add a picture on here and it won't go on? I'm using the insert image button but nothing comes up?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum