Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forum layout changes

+16
Cajunboy
wanderlust
DEANO82
Boggersbelief
observer
Sluffy
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
gloswhite
Growler
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
karlypants
MartinBWFC
Leeds_Trotter
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

61Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 13:41

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Thanks fellas, this is a much better version, applause to all for trying though.

62Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 13:52

MartinBWFC wrote:It's awful, so why hasn't any mod changed it back to how it was?

You are soft.

63Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 13:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

LT will be back with a new design tomorrow! jocolor

64Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 14:03

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:LT will be back with a new design tomorrow! jocolor
indeed.

65Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 14:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

66Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 14:17

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:And it's back! I didn't hate the new version to be honest but it's nice to see this one back. Don't feel too bad KP, LT and BTID, we are just a bunch of old farts stuck in our ways  Very Happy

I’m 26 you nugget

67Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 14:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Then you have no excuse for moaning do you Boggers?

68Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 14:58

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Then you have no excuse for moaning do you Boggers?

I’m not moaning I’m expressing my displeasure

69Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 15:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whilst I'm not averse to change I do think this showed it's always best to talk to the users before going ahead
I think it's much easier on the eye like this and we're familiar with the navigation, however as long as we have a suggestions and feedback loop we'll be fine going forward. On which note, I still think we are still a few emoticons short of a picnic, especially if we are trying to keep up with Lee Anderson.

I'd like this one for starters...
Forum layout changes - Page 4 9k=

Forum layout changes - Page 4 Latest?cb=20160712154921
Forum layout changes - Page 4 2Q==

70Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 17:41

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like change, and its good for everybody. Although there were some aspects I didn't like, I don't think we should throw out everything, but rather introduce changes periodically, after a bit of warning.

Well done LT for spending the time to bring us all up to date, even though we have so many people averse to change and progression. (I think they are known as Remainers  Very Happy)

71Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 18:27

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yes, this is a lot better.At first glance i thought it had been restored to the old settings but our names are now black.I'll settle for that

72Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 18:39

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Growler wrote:Yes, this is a lot better.At first glance i thought it had been restored to the old settings but our names are now black.I'll settle for that
Only just noticed that. I don't like it.  Very Happy

73Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 18:43

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Stop pissing about with it you dweebs

74Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I trust there's going to be an enquiry into this debacle.

Heads should definitely roll or the site will be a laughing stock.

75Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 21:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy has been put on garden leave.

76Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 21:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What black?

77Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 21:45

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Leeds_Trotter wrote:I hold my hands up, it was me pushing for a change. I thought people would prefer a crisp, more modern look.

The aim was to help us attract more people to the forum, but it seems the people who were already here go put off. There was still a lot of work we had to do, but it seems nobody was ready for such change.

Well done for giving it a go, LT.

Personally, I don't think the changes were significant enough to warrant all the fuss that was made and it is a shame that the old Nuts had to be restored so quickly.

The BBC redesigned it's Sport section a few years back (remember the backlash when they made it yellow instead of green!!!) and due to the hugely negative reaction, they promised to address users concerns and revert back asap. That still hasn't happened because they knew that everyone would forget within a week and just get on with posting complaints about yet another Manchester United article.

The content on Nuts will be the only major driver of change on here (if it is allowed to happen) and I think that's what everyone concerned should focus their attention on.

Don't be too disheartened by the negative response - it's very typical - people don't like change. Some of your recent updates have certainly been an upgrade. However, baby steps are clearly the way forward based on existing posters comments... and that's invaluable information.

Keep up the good work.

78Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 22:08

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm really pleased this layout's been restored. It's so much easier to navigate and read. The change was a good effort but I honestly prefer this one. I completely understand the desire to 'modernise' or 'refresh' the site to attract new posters but that particular change didn't work anywhere near as well as I think you guys hoped. Please be aware that if you can make a change that doesn't alter the 'user friendliness' of the site I'll be all for it. Thanks for listening.

79Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 22:24

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

finlaymcdanger wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:I hold my hands up, it was me pushing for a change. I thought people would prefer a crisp, more modern look.

The aim was to help us attract more people to the forum, but it seems the people who were already here go put off. There was still a lot of work we had to do, but it seems nobody was ready for such change.

Well done for giving it a go, LT.

Personally, I don't think the changes were significant enough to warrant all the fuss that was made and it is a shame that the old Nuts had to be restored so quickly.

The BBC redesigned it's Sport section a few years back (remember the backlash when they made it yellow instead of green!!!) and due to the hugely negative reaction, they promised to address users concerns and revert back asap. That still hasn't happened because they knew that everyone would forget within a week and just get on with posting complaints about yet another Manchester United article.

The content on Nuts will be the only major driver of change on here (if it is allowed to happen) and I think that's what everyone concerned should focus their attention on.

Don't be too disheartened by the negative response - it's very typical - people don't like change. Some of your recent updates have certainly been an upgrade. However, baby steps are clearly the way forward based on existing posters comments... and that's invaluable information.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers Fin.

I thought trying a newer version of forum might help freshen things up a little. The only problem is that when you do this, literally everything changes.

80Forum layout changes - Page 4 Empty Re: Forum layout changes Thu Sep 27 2018, 23:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I've been out for most of the day and for a while in the morning I happened to notice a very old man totter past me and for us to exchange 'good morning's' with each other.  About 20 minutes later he passed me on his way back and I noticed he had a newspaper tucked under his arm.

I thought bless him, if my dad was alive today he'd be doing the exact same thing.

Anyway I digress.

Not at all LT.

You were only doing what I invited you to do, namely to think of any ways we could improve Nuts for the benefit of us all and implement the changes as practically as you could thereafter.

If I'd been around I'd almost certainly have insisted you carried on developing the new style and weathered the storm until people got used to the change - which invariably they always do (me included).

It's fine and dandy people wanting to cling on to what they are accustomed to and find comfort in but in life you've got to move with the times, or you soon become extinct.

Wanders Ways quite separately to us also decided to give their forum an update in appearance and I must say they've done a very fine job of it in my opinion.

I don't think from the bits I saw, that we were quite up to these standard but no doubt given a bit more time, and a bit of trial and error, we easily could have been - but I think poor LT and BTID lost there nerve with not wanting to displease anyone - and have pulled the plug on their development of our site and reverted back to what we had before - which looks doubly tired and old now that I see it again!

Sometimes you really have to throw those comfy old slippers away when they start smelling and falling to pieces and endure breaking in a new pair until you get use to them.

Seems we've collectively spat our dummy out and said "I'm not wearing them" before even trying them on seeing how they felt after a day or two and instead rummaged to the bottom of the garbage bin to get our old ones back.

Well we've got our wish, and while the world moves on, how people use, view and communicate on their smart phones and tablets, with their tweets and snapchats and what other paraphernalia and whatever snazzy, trending and exciting ways technology is taking people forward these days - we've just become that old man who goes down to his local store the first thing in the morning to get his newspaper as his way of interacting and understanding the world - because he's comfortable doing it that way, he's done it that way for years, and he'll carry on doing it that way until the day he dies even if the whole world passes him by.

Great attempt to move Nuts forward LT and BTID, I'm just sorry it's coincided at a time I haven't been about much and probably would have been able to give you more of a chance of bringing about the desired step of trying to bring a freshness and more current look to the site, in a desire to attract younger and more modern day generation of Wanderers supporters to become more involved and interactive with us on Nuts.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum