You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » What is your reaction to this?

What is your reaction to this?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

61What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Thu Feb 21 2019, 20:18

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You’re grasping.

62What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Thu Feb 21 2019, 21:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You’re grasping.

Me?

I don't even have much of an interest in politics, even though at one time I used to be in daily contact with local councillors and the areas MP.

All I was adding to your conversation with Hipster were some facts and context.

Yes Corbyn led the party with the biggest increase in vote share since 1945 - but in the very same election (2017) Teresa May led the party with sixth biggest increase in that time.

Do you know who had the second biggest increase in those seventy odd years - it was UKIP in 2015 - and following the Brexit results of June 2016, it's vote for the 2017 election completely collapsed (it was only ever a one issue party - and once it won what is was after it no longer had any real purpose for being) and all their votes went to both Labour and Conservative in the following years GE.

Hence why Corbyn AND May BOTH got such a big increase in vote share for that particular election.

And if you want some added irony, Corbyn lost and May was blamed for how badly the Conservatives performed - so neither actually gained anything from their boosted vote shares!

63What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Thu Feb 21 2019, 21:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I only view this thread because I expect arguments. Fucking pull your fingers out

64What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Thu Feb 21 2019, 22:12

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
@Sluffy wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You’re grasping.

Me?

I don't even have much of an interest in politics, even though at one time I used to be in daily contact with local councillors and the areas MP.

All I was adding to your conversation with Hipster were some facts and context.

Yes Corbyn led the party with the biggest increase in vote share since 1945 - but in the very same election (2017) Teresa May led the party with sixth biggest increase in that time.

Do you know who had the second biggest increase in those seventy odd years - it was UKIP in 2015 - and following the Brexit results of June 2016, it's vote for the 2017 election completely collapsed (it was only ever a one issue party - and once it won what is was after it no longer had any real purpose for being) and all their votes went to both Labour and Conservative in the following years GE.

Hence why Corbyn AND May BOTH got such a big increase in vote share for that particular election.

And if you want some added irony, Corbyn lost and May was blamed for how badly the Conservatives performed - so neither actually gained anything from their boosted vote shares!

Statement: Corbyn is a vote loser.

Fact: Corbyn increased the parties vote share.

I’m not arguing anything else, that’s the only point I’m making. Only you could try and force a row out of it. But you’re grasping.

65What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Thu Feb 21 2019, 22:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:
@Sluffy wrote:
@T.R.O.Y wrote:You’re grasping.

Me?

I don't even have much of an interest in politics, even though at one time I used to be in daily contact with local councillors and the areas MP.

All I was adding to your conversation with Hipster were some facts and context.

Yes Corbyn led the party with the biggest increase in vote share since 1945 - but in the very same election (2017) Teresa May led the party with sixth biggest increase in that time.

Do you know who had the second biggest increase in those seventy odd years - it was UKIP in 2015 - and following the Brexit results of June 2016, it's vote for the 2017 election completely collapsed (it was only ever a one issue party - and once it won what is was after it no longer had any real purpose for being) and all their votes went to both Labour and Conservative in the following years GE.

Hence why Corbyn AND May BOTH got such a big increase in vote share for that particular election.

And if you want some added irony, Corbyn lost and May was blamed for how badly the Conservatives performed - so neither actually gained anything from their boosted vote shares!

Statement: Corbyn is a vote loser.

Fact: Corbyn increased the parties vote share.

I’m not arguing anything else, that’s the only point I’m making. Only you could try and force a row out of it. But you’re grasping.

Eh???

I wasn't even partaking in the debate - I simply posted some facts and the context to them.

Don't be dragging me into your arguments, I deliberately steer clear of you the best I can.

and...

Fact: Corbyn AND May increased their parties vote share because UKIP's vote collapsed in 2017.

66What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Thu Feb 21 2019, 23:00

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
A really strange statement. Clearly UKIP was a contributing factor, but it was not the only one. Unless you think the massively increased youth that turned out we’re UKIP voters? And what about the collapse of the Lib Dem’s?

And you don’t win votes by default because a party’s vote collapses. You still need to win those votes.

So again, you’re grasping. Give it up.

67What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Fri Feb 22 2019, 00:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@T.R.O.Y wrote:A really strange statement. Clearly UKIP was a contributing factor, but it was not the only one. Unless you think the massively increased youth that turned out we’re UKIP voters? And what about the collapse of the Lib Dem’s?

And you don’t win votes by default because a party’s vote collapses. You still need to win those votes.

So again, you’re grasping. Give it up.

@Sluffy wrote: I deliberately steer clear of you the best I can.

Can anybody guess why I do?

Listen, I'm not interested in politics.

The Lib Dem vote was more or less the same in 2017 as it was in 2015 - it crashed in 2015 following their feeble performance in their coalition with Cameron

UKIP's vote dropped from 3.9 million to 600,000 - about 3.3 million votes.

SNP dropped by 500,000.

Labour picked up 3.5 million and the Conservatives 2.3 million

Those are the facts - put whatever spin you want on them because I simply don't care.

They're all as bad as each other as far as I'm concerned.

2015 stats -
http://www.ukpolitical.info/2015.htm

2017 stats -
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election/2017/results



68What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Fri Feb 22 2019, 08:01

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You have a special talent for missing the point. Nobody’s arguing the votes had to be picked up from somewhere.

You stuck your oar in saying Labours increase in votes was no achievement because of UKIPs collapse. Which is a nonsense, unless you post an attribution metric of those voters to Labour. And you completely avoid commenting on Labours mobilisation of the youth vote.

69What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Fri Feb 22 2019, 09:22

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The youth quake was proven to be largely a load of rubbish as well.

70What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Fri Feb 22 2019, 12:40

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
As well as what?

71What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Fri Feb 22 2019, 14:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Sorry. The youth quake was proven to be a load of rubbish.

72What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Fri Feb 22 2019, 22:55

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Isn't Momentum comprised mainly of younger voters? Doing a fine job in reforming the Party aren't they?  Smile  
Doubt they would survive as a Party once Labour has imploded.

73What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Fri Feb 22 2019, 23:56

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Momentum isn’t a political party...

74What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Feb 23 2019, 08:13

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
All the people Labour picked up are leaving in droves. They are not an opposition party. Jeremy Corbyn is not fit to lead. He is on a mission to destroy the UK by pushing through a Brexit that he can blame on the Tories. The problem for him is people aren`t so stupid and can see what is going on. Letting that arsehole Derek Hatton back in to the Labour Party just shows the direction Labour is heading. The Independants will make big inroads, especially with Vince Cable saying they could work with them.

as for that Girl. Bring her back to the UK and lock her up for 50 years. She is not the responsibility of Bangladesh, nor The Netherlands. She is British and has to face British justice. That idiot Home Secretary has no clue what he is doing. At the time the UK needs to show the World it is operating within the Law, it is making them up as it goes along.

75What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Feb 23 2019, 10:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@gloswhite wrote:Isn't Momentum comprised mainly of younger voters? 
No.

76What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Feb 23 2019, 10:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Dunkels King wrote:All the people Labour picked up are leaving in droves. They are not an opposition party. Jeremy Corbyn is not fit to lead. He is on a mission to destroy the UK by pushing through a Brexit that he can blame on the Tories. The problem for him is people aren`t so stupid and can see what is going on. Letting that arsehole Derek Hatton back in to the Labour Party just shows the direction Labour is heading. The Independants will make big inroads, especially with Vince Cable saying they could work with them.

as for that Girl. Bring her back to the UK and lock her up for 50 years. She is not the responsibility of Bangladesh, nor The Netherlands. She is British and has to face British justice. That idiot Home Secretary has no clue what he is doing. At the time the UK needs to show the World it is operating within the Law, it is making them up as it goes along.

Weak man

77What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Feb 23 2019, 12:18

wanderlust


Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

78What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 14:23

T.R.O.Y


Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Begum’s newborn son has passed away according to reports in the Guardian. Wonder if that affects anyone’s opinion on this?

79What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 14:54

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Begum’s newborn son has passed away according to reports in the Guardian. Wonder if that affects anyone’s opinion on this?

No

80What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 15:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Nor me either.

Although I did see that Dianne Abbot has been affected by this! Rolling Eyes

81What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 21:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Not a bit and quite honestly I doubt the validity of the whole story.

82What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 21:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not a bit and quite honestly I doubt the validity of the whole story.

Yep. Wouldn’t surprise me either.

83What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 22:20

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not a bit and quite honestly I doubt the validity of the whole story.

You think the baby is still alive?

84What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 22:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@xmiles wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not a bit and quite honestly I doubt the validity of the whole story.

You think the baby is still alive?

What's that you say?

Daesh Newborn Alive!

What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Flash-gordon-brian-blessed

Joking aside of course it is a tragedy for the baby to have died.

The little one was completely innocent of the stupidity of his parents.

Religion and politics have caused too many needless deaths already.

When will we ever learn?

85What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 22:46

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
The death of the baby is entirely due to the stupidity of the mother.

86What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sat Mar 09 2019, 23:09

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yep.

87What is your reaction to this?  - Page 3 Empty Re: What is your reaction to this? on Sun Mar 10 2019, 00:27

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:Not a bit and quite honestly I doubt the validity of the whole story.

You think the baby is still alive?

Was she pregnant? Did she have a baby? Did a baby die? I'd a baby did was it hers? 

Quite a few questions that will never be answered.

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum