Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Independent Group - Six MPs quit The Independant Group!

+7
gloswhite
wessy
xmiles
Hipster_Nebula
rammywhite
boltonbonce
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:We had the same polls in the run up to the last general election. Forgive me if I don’t hang off they’re every word. 

You’re welcome to your opinion, as I am to mine. Neither of us knows any better than the other as to what would happen at a GE, whenever that may be.

You are a lot more optimistic about the prospects for Labour than me but an even more basic point is that Labour are not presently in a position to force a general election so it is not currently an option.

Neither is a people’s vote.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:Neither is a people’s vote.

I am not clear what you mean by this.

I know you are opposed to a "people's vote" or second referendum as I prefer to call it but surely a general election is indeed a people's vote.

I’m saying a second referendum is not currently an option.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They realised they couldn't reform from within and had to break away.... Oh the irony.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:I’m saying a second referendum is not currently an option.

OK.

I think a second referendum is unlikely but a general election as even more unlikely unless May calls one.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Hipster_Nebula wrote:They realised they couldn't reform from within and had to break away.... Oh the irony.

Indeed.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

T.R.O.Y wrote:
700 cases of anti semitism is a tiny portion of the membership. 

Are you really saying this is an acceptable number of incidents, and can be ignored as its only a 'tiny' portion ? What number of incidents do you think should be the starting point for a serious response from the Labour party ?
Do you think the same numbers would be accepted were they against the Muslim religion ?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am sad over this split because you can see the Tories using it for political gain, i do think for reasons stated that they should have to stand for reelection. I voted remain but for reasons of democracy i feel you have to carry out the will of the people. 

The Anti semitism question first of all i feel sad that this is even an issue and ashamed that my party have let it become an issue.

But what is the definition of anti semitic behaviour ? If it means bad mouthing or bullying Jewish people then that is shocking and needs to be stopped, however if you have an opinion that is not favourable to the state of Israel then surely that is not anti semitic but your opinion.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Iran doesn't think Israel has a right to exist and thinks it should be destroyed. Corbyn went on their state TV for money and nodded his head as callers phoned in to slag off Jews.

Hes for the many though and definitely a lifelong anti racist. What a man.

gloswhite wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:
700 cases of anti semitism is a tiny portion of the membership. 

Are you really saying this is an acceptable number of incidents, and can be ignored as its only a 'tiny' portion ? What number of incidents do you think should be the starting point for a serious response from the Labour party ?
Do you think the same numbers would be accepted were they against the Muslim religion ?

Spare me, that’s not even close to what I was saying and you know it. 

When an MP says the Labour Party is racist and antisemitic (as one did today) that implies it’s a systematic issue - and this clearly is not.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's still unclear as to the exact motives behind the split.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I bet those seven dwarfs are cringing now!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They have no star power.

If Yvette cooper or David milliband were to join this group labour would be relegated to a fringe movement like UKIP.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Who?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Another one gone. Cool

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Three Tories have joined now. Very Happy

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

About as conservative as chairman Mao these three.

Also repeating the lie that the Tory's have "lurched to the right" a simple read of the most left wing Tory manifesto for 50 years quite clearly proves that to be bollocks.

But then soubry does have form for talking that.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see this as decluttering. If they form a party, what could they call it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum