Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers: Club given early EFL payment to ensure Ipswich game was on

4 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just seen this on BBC website, Kenocchio has no shame does he?

Bolton received an advance payment from the Football League to ensure their home game against Ipswich went ahead.

BBC Radio Manchester understands the EFL paid the club around £160,000 prior to Saturday's Championship match.

Bolton were due the cash in mid-April but the League agreed to provide it early so matchday staff and emergency services could be paid.

Wanderers, who are close to being sold by owner Ken Anderson, have been beset by financial problems this season.

The game against Ipswich was only given the go-ahead on Thursday after the area's Safety Advisory Group (SAG) had initially issued a ban on fans entering the University of Bolton Stadium for Wanderers' two matches on Saturday and Tuesday.

The games against Ipswich on Saturday and Middlesbrough on Tuesday were then thrown into doubt again by a "critical IT failure" which was eventually rectified.

The computer problem was the latest in a catalogue of issues to blight the Championship club, which is set to be taken over by former Watford owner Laurence Bassini.

Bolton's players had gone on strike for 48 hours last week after the club failed to pay their salaries on time for the second successive month.

Second-from-bottom Bolton lost 2-1 to bottom side Ipswich to leave Phil Parkinson's men eight points adrift of safety with six games remaining.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I wonder if Ken asked for the money or the Football League forced it on him to ensure the wages were paid and the match went ahead?

That Australian tennis player Kyrgios sometimes gets fined for not trying in his matches, what do you do with a football club owner who isn't trying because he wants liquidation?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think we know the nature of the mysterious IT problem now, and how it was resolved.

If it wasn't for the fact that Disney only believe in 'good' things, I'm sure our club logo would now be Mickey Mouse.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I think we know the nature of the mysterious IT problem now, and how it was resolved.

If it wasn't for the fact that Disney only believe in 'good' things, I'm sure our club logo would now be Mickey Mouse.

Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum