Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Vote for the Brexit Party!

+6
Hipster_Nebula
boltonbonce
gloswhite
wanderlust
karlypants
Sluffy
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Vote for the Brexit Party! Fri Apr 12 2019, 23:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

New party created by Farage and featuring Rees-Mogg's sister - how could you possibly not do so?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-47907350

2Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 01:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’m voting...

3Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 09:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm liking this. Negotiations are going so well that Farage feels the need to set up another vote-splitting party.

I might vote for them myself depending on which Brexit they're campaigning for. Wink

4Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 09:44

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I think many of the UKIP followers will move across to the new party, preferring to follow a politician who has achieved what he said he would, rather than the old party who are now taking on unknown people, and are being 'advised' by ultra right wing supporters. Unfortunately, I think the absolute disregard of a lawful and democratic vote has turned many people away from ever voting again.

5Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 10:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is great. Yet more pictures of Farage with a fag and a pint.

6Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 10:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote: I think the absolute disregard of a lawful and democratic vote has turned many people away from ever voting again.
To be fair there was a significant proportion of leave voters who had never voted before the referendum either who were targeted by the leave campaign. The leave campaign targeted 3 million registered voters who had never previously cast a vote in a general or local election whose contact details were provided via Cambridge Analytica  - roughly the same number of registered voters working abroad who were unable to vote and those two factors combined to give leave their narrow victory.

And with a potential bias of 6 million voters in leave's favour (admittedly half of which was caused by the remain campaigns incompetence) the swing of 635K voters required to deliver a remain win is tiny.

I doubt the majority of those who had never voted before but came out to vote for leave in the referendum will ever vote again anyway, especially as the tactics used to engage them left them blissfully unaware of what they were voting for or how it would affect them in the first place.

7Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BTW the referendum was neither lawful or democratic.

8Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 10:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:BTW the referendum was neither lawful or democratic.

Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep Sleep

9Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 11:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

...sleepwalking into disaster Smile

10Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 11:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

They just don't get it do they.

11Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Sat Apr 13 2019, 12:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When they said that the leave "promises" were undeliverable they must have been completely wrong seeing as it's going so well. Smile

12Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Mon Apr 15 2019, 08:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Vote for the Brexit Party! 56965499_1248780741949200_4288532399903473664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1

13Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Mon Apr 15 2019, 09:28

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think it was both- but not legally binding. And its utterly undemocratic not to see if people think the same way now as they did a couple of years ago about the most important political issue this country has faced in decades. What are you Brexiteers afraid of? That the truth  about the consequence of leaving might emerge?
If you're so sure that the majority of the voters of this country want to leave - then lets have another referendum to prove it. Tell me what you're so frightened of? Democracy??

14Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Mon Apr 15 2019, 10:40

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:

I think it was both- but not legally binding. And its utterly undemocratic not to see if people think the same way now as they did a couple of years ago about the most important political issue this country has faced in decades. What are you Brexiteers afraid of? That the truth  about the consequence of leaving might emerge?
If you're so sure that the majority of the voters of this country want to leave - then lets have another referendum to prove it. Tell me what you're so frightened of? Democracy??
The "lawful" bit is still to be decided as although the Police have been handed the Electoral Commission's findings into Russian attempts to destabilise the UK and the EU in the referendum and funding, voter targeting and other malpractice by foreign-based companies including Steve Bannon's lot, they "decided" (i.e. were told) to narrow the scope of the investigation, but are still expected to produce answers at some point.
Notable bits under investigation are:
243.Kremlin-aligned media published significant numbers of unique articles about the EU referendum. 89 Up researchers analysed the most shared of the articles, and identified 261 with a clear anti-EU bias to the reporting. The two main outlets were RT and Sputnik, with video produced by Ruptly.271 The articles that went most viral had the heaviest anti-EU bias.272 The social reach of these anti-EU articles published by the Kremlin-owned channels was 134 million potential impressions, in comparison with a total reach of just 33 million and 11 million potential impressions for all content shared from the Vote Leave website and Leave.EU website respectively.273 The value for a comparable paid social media campaign would be between £1.4 and 4.14 million.
244.On 17 January 2019, Facebook removed 289 Pages and 75 accounts from its site, accounts that had about 790,000 followers and had spent around $135,000 on ads between October 2013 and January 2019. The sites had been run by employees at the Russian state-owned news agency Sputnik, who represented themselves as independent news or general interest Pages. Around 190 events were hosted by these Pages (the first was scheduled for August 2015 and the most recent was scheduled for January 2019).274
245.Nathaniel Gleicher, Facebook’s head of cybersecurity policy, wrote: “Despite their misrepresentations of their identities, we found that these Pages and accounts were linked to employees of Sputnik, a news agency based in Moscow, and that some of the Pages frequently posted about topics like anti-NATO sentiment, protest movements, and anti-corruption.”275 Facebook also removed 107 Pages, groups and accounts that were designed to look as if they were run from Ukraine, but were part of a network that originated in Russia.
And then there's Farage's mate Bannon and Cambridge Analytica and Bannon is on record as saying his objective is to destabilise our and other Governments.

15Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Mon Apr 15 2019, 12:05

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Norpig wrote:Vote for the Brexit Party! 56965499_1248780741949200_4288532399903473664_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr3-1

Laughing

16Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Mon Apr 15 2019, 21:04

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Lets just say that calling the referendum was legal even if the outcome can be legally challenged.
I don't think any one can claim that it wasn't democratic as will be the re-run.

17Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Tue Apr 16 2019, 10:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Let's put leave on hold for now and have a referendum every year to see if anyone changes their mind anyone got any ideas how long it should run for? or maybe we should have an electronic running total so we can see how it goes daily? also if leave keeps winning how should we get round that just fucking ignore it like now?

18Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Tue Apr 16 2019, 11:22

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Hey remainers, you will never overturn that result and we will leave because no matter how many referendums remain loses every time. The only way is treachery and look how that's going and it's going to fuck up the whole system and the 3 parties they are finished with voters.

19Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Tue Apr 16 2019, 11:28

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

People hate to admit they are wrong so if there is another referendum it could go either way. The only difference is that we will now know what the deal is unlike the last time.

20Vote for the Brexit Party! Empty Re: Vote for the Brexit Party! Tue Apr 16 2019, 11:43

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

We won't know what the deal is. Its only the beginning of yet another long, drawn-out process.

Bear in mind that the leavers who say they will now vote remain are mostly doing so because they are fed up with the process and not the aim to leave the EU. If there is another vote, they may well revert to their original choice. Unfortunately, absolutely nothing is guaranteed other than we will again cause ourselves serious problems.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum