Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lusty permanently banned?

+16
Boggersbelief
sunlight
karlypants
wessy
finlaymcdanger
luckyPeterpiper
okocha
Sluffy
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
Angry Dad
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Hipster_Nebula
Norpig
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Mon May 20 2019, 20:03

Next time Karly pops up and calls me a twat I’ll expect him to be banned then if that’s the standards we’re being held to now.

22Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Mon May 20 2019, 20:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't remember any real "abuse". I remember the odd "moonman" and "muppet" but if that's the bar for abuse no one will be left by August.

23Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Mon May 20 2019, 20:31

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm sorry Nat but you must have selective memory if you really mean that. Lusty didn't only fire personal abuse at sluffy or even me. He fired it around a lot and drove some posters off the site with it, notably y2johnny who was subjected to such disgusting personal abuse I personally formally complained to sluffy about it and I wasn't alone. Yes y2j did come back after a bit but in all honesty had I been sluffy I'd have banned lusty permanently for that incident alone.

I'm all for freedom of speech and differing opinions form a good basis for lively and intelligent debate but what lusty was doing was nothing short of cyber bullying. After the event he would try to claim it was a 'joke' and the victim of his latest diatribe was to blame for having a thin skin but the truth is lusty has become a nasty piece of work over the last two years especially. I for one won't miss him even though at his best he was an enjoyable person to debate with. Unfortunately his best was all too infrequent and his worst was rapidly becoming his average.

24Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Mon May 20 2019, 20:37

LPP can you quote any of this abuse?

25Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Mon May 20 2019, 22:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So basically Sluffy pays for the site so he can do what he wants? I'm serious now how much does it actually cost to keep this site going? I'm pretty sure we could all chip in and pay between us to avoid megalomaniacs like Sluffy having carte blanche to run this site as a dictatorship.

26Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Mon May 20 2019, 22:55

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

T.R.O.Y wrote:LPP can you quote any of this abuse?
I'll start with the one that got me incensed when addressed to y2j.

"So your username is the one thing your parents wish they'd thought of the night you were conceived?"

And no, it wasn't tongue in cheek or in any way an attempt at humour. It was the last in a whole series of ever more abusive posts from lusty to johnny on a single thread. I'm sorry I don't remember which one specifically, I haven't had time as yet to trawl through them all but it is indicative of lusty's state of mind especially when anyone disagreed with his "Ken Anderson is Beelzebub" rants.

If you're really interested in other specific comments from lusty to other posters check out pretty much any KA based thread of the last twelve months.

27Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 00:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:So basically Sluffy pays for the site so he can do what he wants? I'm serious now how much does it actually cost to keep this site going? I'm pretty sure we could all chip in and pay between us to avoid megalomaniacs like Sluffy having carte blanche to run this site as a dictatorship.

Dear God listen to yourself!

Nuts has been going for over SEVEN years and in all that time I've fully banned THREE people yet according to you I'm a 'megalomaniac', 'dictator', running the site 'carte blanche'!

I tell you what mate, if you aren't too fussed how a forum looks you can probably still find some that are free to operate.  The price for how we run Nuts with no adverts for members or guests has recently shot up to something like £100 a year.

Easily affordable, so please feel free to set one up and enjoy yourself without having to deal with a 'Hitler' like me (as Wanderlust was describing me as on Wways and which prompted me to have to explain why he was banned from here).

I'm sure you'll have a great time with him, Bread and no doubt a multitude of fake accounts that will suddenly spring up out of nowhere.

Everything no doubt will be brilliant for you at first until you have to act to keep the peace, or mod what someone has posted that goes far to far, or tell someone to behave, or otherwise take some action to keep your forum as good as you can make it for EVERYONE, and then the shit will start to come your way.

Did you not even wonder why Wanderlust sent a message to you when he could easily have just sent one to me saying something like 'look mate nothing personal, I don't agree with you over Anderson and maybe have got a bit more abusive with you than perhaps I should have done.  How about giving me a fresh start a drawing a line under all of this?'

He clearly knew he could play you and get the reaction he has out of you.

So I say please go for it, start up your own forum, enjoy yourself with Wanderlust and Bread, I'm sure you could do a infinitely better job of it than megalomaniac little old me has done over the years on Nuts.

Until you piss someone off that is.

28Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 08:27

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was thinking more of us regulars paying to run this site and take it out of your hands to be honest sluffy, you are killing this site and you just can't see it.
As for Lustys message to me, it simply said he had been banned permanently and that he was now posting on WW, so how have i been played? 
Is it coincidence that my reply to Lusty is stlll sat in my outbox and hasn't gone out? I sent a PM to boncey and that went straight away.

29Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 09:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Guys it's a bloody football forum.

Let's chill out.

I used to take the forums way way to seriously when NAT used to wind me up something rotten. I look back now and cringe at my behaviour.

30Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 09:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I was thinking more of us regulars paying to run this site and take it out of your hands to be honest sluffy, you are killing this site and you just can't see it.
As for Lustys message to me, it simply said he had been banned permanently and that he was now posting on WW, so how have i been played? 
Is it coincidence that my reply to Lusty is stlll sat in my outbox and hasn't gone out? I sent a PM to boncey and that went straight away.

Well you thought wrong if you think I would put seven years of my life and several hundred pounds of my money, taking loads of abuse from one or two people who clearly believe they have the right to do that to people who simply disagree with them over nothing much on an internet forum, and simply walk away because you want me to!

If you want to run a forum your way and without me 'killing it' then go and build one yourself.

Then you can deal with your own mad house where people go out of their way to get others banned, then plot to take control of the site and throw you off it when you don't; where people attempt to track you down and hack into your personal life because they are mentalists and can't understand that the internet is not real and going after you in real life is not what normal mentally stable people do; you can put up with three years of abuse from someone who clearly thinks that absolutely fine to do that just simply because he believes he's right and I'm wrong over something neither of us knows about until the facts come out; you can deal with those who make a game out of trying to wind you up and argue you to death; the fake accounts that people hide behind to disrupt and drive away real posters; deal with the friends and mates of those you have modded or banned because their behaviour was wrong but they still want them reinstated nevertheless and me to walk away in order for them to do so apparently?

But hey I must be wrong - it's ME killing the site apparently and non of them!

Well go ahead show me how to run the perfect forum then, where everything is sweetness and light and everybody gets on even when their opinions clash.

No, it's certainly not a coincidence if you can't reply to a person who has already been banned coming on the site in the middle of the night with a blatantly obvious new account for the sole purpose of contacting just you.

And if you don't think you've been played then ask yourself why he targeted just you to contact when he had the opportunity to tell everybody he wanted to by personal message and even leave a post on the forum himself for everyone to see.  

He must have had a reason surely to target just you and you only don't you think?

I do!

31Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 09:52

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Guys it's a bloody football forum.

Let's chill out.

I used to take the forums way way to seriously when NAT used to wind me up something rotten. I look back now and cringe at my behaviour.

Well said Hipster.

Unfortunately people do take forums seriously and others will wind them up because they do.

Some even take their forum spats into the real world!

That's how deep social media is now ingrained in some peoples lives!

It's not going to change anytime soon though.

32Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 10:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its because i've stuck up for him in the past and mentioned it on a thread about when he was due back, nothing more, nothing less. Getting more paranoid by the minute aren't you?

I'd be interested to know what the founders and mods of this site think of all this? Anyone going to stick their head above the parapet or not?

33Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 10:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Its because i've stuck up for him in the past and mentioned it on a thread about when he was due back, nothing more, nothing less. Getting more paranoid by the minute aren't you?

I'd be interested to know what the founders and mods of this site think of all this? Anyone going to stick their head above the parapet or not?

Paranoid, I've just told you to go and set up your own forum and do what ever you like once you have.

How paranoid of me is that?

If any of the Nuts founders or mods want to go and join you doing that, then they are entirely free to do so, they certainly aren't chained to their Nuts desks by me.

Maybe, just maybe, they've seen for themselves from behind the scenes how much shit I've had to take over the years trying to run the site fairly for everyone rather to pander to one or two super egos and wouldn't want to go through all that again?

34Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 10:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I give up, if you want to see this forum you've funded with your own money go down the pan then carry on, but don't be surprised when the number of posts keep dwindling to next to nothing and you end up talking to yourself.

I've said my piece and i don't agree with how you run this site and nothings going to change so i'm staying out of it from now on, keep fiddling Nero.

35Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 11:16

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I give up, if you want to see this forum you've funded with your own money go down the pan then carry on, but don't be surprised when the number of posts keep dwindling to next to nothing and you end up talking to yourself.

I've said my piece and i don't agree with how you run this site and nothings going to change so i'm staying out of it from now on, keep fiddling Nero.

Nothing lasts forever.

It was fun on here at times but there's always been one or two who went far to far.

I've been as fair as I can be to everybody (even those who clearly had issues with me) and after seven years I've banned only three people yet in your last few posts alone you tell me that...

- I'm a megalomaniac
- I'm a dictator
- I apparently run the forum however I like - carte blanche
- I'm paranoid
- that you don't agree with how I run the site
- I'm fiddling like Nero
- that I'm going to be ending up talking to myself

...and all that because I've simply banned your mate after enduring three years of abuse from him, then him going on to another forum to continue it - the last bit being the final straw. 

Do you really think he wouldn't simply carry on if he had returned - and do you think that is really what the rest of the forum would have wanted to see and put up with until his next inevitable ban?

What other option was there really?

Oh I know, that I throw myself under a bus.

Well I'm not doing that.

So we are where we are.

Thanks for all you've done for Nuts and all the best for your future.

36Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 11:58

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Initially, I thought Sluffy had over-reacted, as he was prone to do with Wander. However, the more I read, the more I can sympathise with Sluffy, and can understand his reaction to both Wander, and this thread.
As somebody said, Wander did get more heated these last couple of years. I believe the Brexit arguments on here was a cause of that, and possibly this led to a change in attitude. Add to this Sluffy's dislike of him, and instant retaliation on any topic, with insults by and to each other growing more personal daily, it could only end up one way.
For two intelligent people it was sometimes embarrassing to read, in fact I stopped reading both of their comments when they talking to each other.
I personally think Sluffy was right to take action, but a lifetime ban is maybe too severe, but there again, why should he suffer such abuse. When the argument spills over to another forum, then that should have been a wake-up call to both, especially Sluffy, as it will drive people away from this one.
I believe people should say what they mean, and some abuse will always creep in, but incessant personal abuse is wrong.
Mr Pig, Bonce, don't leave, we need to give Sluffy time to calm down, and then he will no doubt get himself back on an even keel, (as far as we are concerned  Very Happy)

37Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 12:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't say i was leaving, i wouldn't give Sluffy the satisfaction, he'll have to ban me first to stop me posting. What i meant was i wouldn't push the argument any further as it painfully obvious we are getting nowhere but sluffy as ever has to keep answering  Rolling Eyes

If people want me to stop posting then feel free to let me know.

38Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 12:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Don't be daft, how would we keep up with the internal workings of the NHS, (or of the patients, at least) Very Happy

39Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 12:16

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

God help Nuts if there is a second referendum Shocked

40Lusty permanently banned? - Page 2 Empty Re: Lusty permanently banned? Tue May 21 2019, 12:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I may have to start my own thread on bed pans Glos  Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum