Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!!

+31
okocha
wanderlust
y2johnny
Fulham Bob
Danno
Mr Magoo
Chairmanda
To Be Frank
doffcocker
Bollotom2014
bryan458
Boggersbelief
Growler
gloswhite
sunlight
wessy
DEANO82
rogercpc
boltonbonce
terenceanne
RangersDave
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 38 of 43]

741OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 15:56

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As long as it's not financial threads  Very Happy

we do need to attract more poster, there was 100 guests on earlier and we need to know why they don't register and contribute. Is it the constant bickering?

742OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 16:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Maybe…

743OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 16:05

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:As long as it's not financial threads  Very Happy

we do need to attract more poster, there was 100 guests on earlier and we need to know why they don't register and contribute. Is it the constant bickering?
What I don't understand is, why Bob didn't take his thoughts to a forum dedicated to financial matters, and throw it open to minds better suited to reach a cogent conclusion?

744OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 16:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
What I don't understand is, why Bob didn't take his thoughts to a forum dedicated to financial matters, and throw it open to minds better suited to reach a cogent conclusion?
Because he liked to appear superior to us dunces i reckon.

745OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 16:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He might have enjoyed winding people up especially Sluffy? Very Happy

746OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 16:35

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
EH?

UGH?

WHAT?

747OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 16:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:As long as it's not financial threads  Very Happy

No it's nothing to do with the bickering.

I've tried to explain more than once that these visitors simply aren't folks like you and me, many of them are some sort of bots.

If you happen to be up in the middle of the night just look at how many visitors are on at silly o'clock - we aren't talking about BWFC fans in Australia!

If you look at their IP addresses out of the first 20 most recent visitors, only ONE is from the UK, 1 from Germany, I from the USA, 3 from France and the rest from Ottowa, Canada or Hebei, China.

Now they are here viewing Nuts for a reason but I simply don't believe they are here simply to get the news on BWFC.

If there were say 15 from the UK, then yes, it is more likely that they are genuinely interested in BWFC (maybe fans of our next opponents, or folk from ww, here to see what we know, or to laugh at us - and maybe the bickering is putting one or two off from posting - Glos we know doesn't like the aggro for instance - but I think anything above say 20 to 25 visitors on at any one time would be a realistic amount of casual, genuine people having a look at us.

Forums are an old and outdated means of social media, just look at our average age profile on here for instance, probably around the 60 mark I would guess.

There is no new people to tap into, they are on Twitter, WhatsApp, and whatever it is the people go on to these days.

It's been like that for years, even before we started Nuts.

Also over the last 10 years people's behaviour has changed, it's normal now to be angry and mental on social media, to be racist, to threaten to kill and rape women - that behaviour has spilled out into the streets - when was the last time you remember when you DIDN'T hear on the news, or local news, about a knife crime.

Do you think that even Bob behaves how he has on here recently, in the real world - I doubt it very much!  He still might think it but he's not stupid enough to say it to someone's face.

The fun has long gone and replaced by anger over things like Brexit and Ken Anderson.

Replaced also by people's obsessions - and lies!

It all takes its toll on here.

Even I've thought about walking away from here and once or twice a year I do deliberately take a few weeks rest from it.

I'm certainly not as obsessive as many folks believe me to be.

It is what it is, and we are what we are.

We are all different and the only thing we have in common is BWFC - let us hope that alone will keep us going.

748OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 17:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:He might have enjoyed winding people up especially Sluffy? Very Happy

I doubt it.

He might well have enjoyed belittling and ridiculing me but that's more his fondness to be superior to me - and everyone else.

I suspect he's not use anymore to anyone saying 'no' to him, I suspect he lives in a world where everyone defers to him.

And he doesn't seem the type to me go to other accountants or accountancy sites to seek help, he's probably good enough to know the accountancy side to it already.

Where I clashed with him was not on the accountancy side but on the logic and motives of the players involved - why would a representative of the High Court tell lies?  Why would Anderson put himself personally on the hook for £7.5m? Why would Eddie lend him £7.5m if Ken didn't have the means to pay it back?

Bob couldn't answer those fundamental questions or chose not to because he might leave himself open to legal action against him - yeah right, considering he's all but libelled the Administrator as someone who is totally inept at his job!

Bob believed there was something wrong, decided what it was and why and apparently kept it to himself for FOUR YEARS?

Why now then is he trawling back through old threads on here and not letting the matter drop?

Because someone on ww called Ken a cunt recently???

Have they not called Ken a cunt for the last FOUR YEARS - of course they have!

So why is Bob doing what he's doing now?

I think it all revolves around the question he asked of me as to why the Administrator did what he did in regards to the £7.5m and expected me not to know and didn't like it much when I gave him the answer I did - namely that he was just doing his job in accordance with the law!

That wasn't the answer he had expected and one that he simply can't disprove hence his onslaught trying to crush me but as I'm not one of his lackies I stood my ground.

As I say I don't care if I'm right or wrong - its all spilt milk now - but Bob did, maybe he does have a few followers and maybe they thought I had a valid point?

Who knows, who cares.

I don't.

But I won't be taking anymore shit like I have done from him anymore, that's for sure - he speaks civilly to me as I do to him and we will get on just fine.

749OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 22:06

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:

He's been tolerated on here because we tolerate everybody as long as they don't go too far.

Bob went too far and has had his knuckles rapped but he's allowed back and hopefully will wind it in again if he does.

Sorry if you don't like the way the sites been run for the last twelve years.

Maybe you'd like to become a mod and bring some fresh ideas about how to change things - serious offer.

It's your tone, Sluffy. You could consider thinking about how the recipient reads your posts because you come off as being antagonistic (I'm not the first to express this). You're typically in a war of words with someone so it's difficult not to read "Sorry if you don't like the way the sites been run for the last twelve years" as dramatic and confrontational. When I first read it I just clicked away from the site.

Anyhow, thanks for the offer but I can't offer to be a moderator because I don't have the time to put to it and the time difference wouldn't work.
However, I can offer a suggestion for change - why don't you let your moderators moderate the site instead of doing it yourself? I'm not sure who they are (KP? BTID?) as I'm not really invested enough but I think it could help you avoid quite so much conflict with people. Seems to me like it would be a fairer process too.

I'll try to make an effort to contribute more. As Nat has suggested, that's the way to make the site more engaging.

As I'm sure you'll reply, see if you can avoid starting with "EH?".

750OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 10 2023, 23:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sorry if you don't like my tone then.

Am I antagonistic, maybe but I simply see it as sticking up for myself.

You say to look at how I post from the recipient's point of view but have you ever thought of looking at it from my point of view?

I doubt you have.

We have three active people on here who have mod powers, Karly, BTID and myself.

BTID has chosen never to involved himself in modding, so that leaves Karly and myself.

We don't really mod much and only get involved when people go too far.

We can count those people on one hand really, Bread, Wanderlust, TROY, xmiles and more recently Bob.

Bread wanted me to ban Scottjames (remember him?), I basically refused and Bread declared war on me, indeed planned to set up an rival forum and eventually left - I know he was your mate and I've no doubt your views of me have been negative since then.

Wanderlust decided to carry on what Bread had started, and loved to challenge me but he kept tripping himself up by dropping massive bollocks which I laughed at him for - it became personal with him, hence the Wanderlust and Sluffy show - you've always seen nothing wrong in Wanderlust and you've continued your negativity towards me.

TROY was a left wing activist - nothing wrong in that - but became blinkered in his views against the Tory government - he was a big fan of Jolyon Maugham / Good Law Project - of which I was very scathing and ultimately was proved correct about.  TROY loved to argue, I enjoyed laughing at his political naivety and lack of understanding of how government actually works.

xmiles was a fake account and decided to troll be for the best part of a year.

Bob, is Bob - he's obviously has personal issues in respect of Eddie Davies and Ken Anderson and for reasons only known to himself won't move on from them.

Karly hasn't chosen to involve himself with much of the above but has frequently accused me of being obsessed over Wanderlust.

I'm not.

So basically I take on the obsessed, nutjobs and fake accounts myself - I've asked for support frequently on the forum asking anyone to step in, particularly in respect of Wanderlust - but nobody has.

I could of course not bother myself and let the hatred and fake news abound - but if I wanted to be on a site like that then I'd simply re-join ww and have a lot easier internet life.

But I don't want to do that I want a free and open site for everyone without the hatred and lies - seems though that I'm perceived to be the bad guy, the antagonist, the confrontational one, for holding the line, sticking to my principles.

I've been called every name under the Sun and accused of all sorts simply because I don't go with the crowd who believed Anderson was a crook - he wasn't, the Tory's are all corrupt - I told you all there was nothing corrupt in the awarding of the PPE contracts - three years later no evidence has still yet to be found that they were, that Maugham was abusing the Judicial Review legal system - The Law Lords have effectively stopped him from now doing so, that Wanderlust has been lying for the last three years that he didn't vote for Brexit - I eventually proved beyond any doubt that he had lied repeatedly and had voted for Brexit, and recently all this to do with Bob - who simply cannot shoot my narrative down (I'm not claiming that I was right, but neither can he prove that I'm wrong though!)

I'm actually the defender on here not the attacker - I don't fire the first shoots, or throw the first punches - I step in to stop the shit, not start it!

If people go out of there way to hit me though - and some do, then I'll hit them back.

So in short I'm not dealing with reasonable people when I mod, I'm not your customer care 'how may I help you' person, I'm more your bouncer on the door 'take your problems away from here' and behave yourself if you want to come back in - person.  (And if you take a swing at me, I'll give you two back!)

No one else is prepared to do this other than me.

So what do people want, a ww mark II site (where I may add, if the mods don't like your face you are instantly banned) or a site that attempts the best way I know how to, to keep the hatred and lies off the forum by dealing with some people who in my opinion suffer from mental health issues.

If you or anyone else (including BTID and Karly) want a change in direction then step up to the plate and I'll take a back seat and simply let you get on with it.

751OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Wed Oct 11 2023, 08:44

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Karly hasn't chosen to involve himself with much of the above but has frequently accused me of being obsessed over Wanderlust.

Do you not remember when I was involved with all that shit with Bread?

752OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Wed Oct 11 2023, 11:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:Karly hasn't chosen to involve himself with much of the above but has frequently accused me of being obsessed over Wanderlust.

Do you not remember when I was involved with all that shit with Bread?

Yes I do but he was the first 'problem child' we had and that was some years back now.  Since than we've had Wanderlust, TROY, xmiles and Bob to deal with and you haven't much been involved with those.

I don't blame you either, it isn't easy dealing we people being deliberately unpleasant and obsessive.

It doesn't bother me (although I get sick of having to do so at times) that's why I do what I do.

I also realise that you and others who have modded for us have your real life's to live as well as helping out on here for free and dealing with the types we have, who let's face it are all obsessives to begin with - first with their issues Bread and Wanderlust (Brexit and Anderson), TROY (Tory Party), xmiles (fake account) Bob (Eddie Davies, Ken Anderson) and secondly obsessive against the moderator (you and me) for stepping in to ask them to pack-in what they are doing.

Every other forum I've been part of simply ban people who the mods simply don't like - the five I've mentioned above would have quickly been kicked out the door even before they decided to take the mods on (you and me).

Maybe I should have done the same on here but I didn't.

I didn't for two reasons, the first is that at the end of the day this is only the internet that we are taking about, who am I to play God on it?

I thought that reasonable requests would be heeded by reasonable people - and they are - the five above are not reasonable people - they are obsessives - first in their real lives - hatred of Brexit, Anderson, Tory Party, and in Bob's case of Anderson and Eddie haters - and secondly towards you and me when we simply ask them to pack it in.

It them becomes an obsession again us as well.

That simply isn't normal behaviour.

Such behaviour against us/ME has lasted for years - yet all of the above are free to post on here still - I have not played God (or Hitler) I do allow free thought and opinions, I haven't been obsessive or vindictive, all I have ever done is to ask people to stop posting their hatred or false facts.

Yet I'm widely seen to be the person ruining the site!

The second reason I don't ban people on a whim like other forums do is that I've seen how such God complex by them ruining their own forums which become cliquish and group think - if you don't agree with the clique you are soon banned.

So we've given my way a good go now, if you don't like what I've tried to achieve here then someone else step up and take the site on.

Turn it in to what you think is best for all of us.

753OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Wed Oct 11 2023, 14:34

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy, please explain in what ways you feel xmiles is "obsessive" and "fake".....and then why these are worthy of censure (and bans) from you. 

Thanks in anticipation. 

It would help me to understand your logic.

754OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Wed Oct 11 2023, 14:55

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Sluffy, please explain in what ways you feel xmiles is "obsessive" and "fake".....and then why these are worthy of censure (and bans) from you. 

Thanks in anticipation. 

It would help me to understand your logic.

I've explained myself many times previously and I recall Karly telling YOU to pack this all in.

As for being obsessive it is having a mental health condition.

Obsession

An obsession is an unwanted and unpleasant thought, image or urge that repeatedly enters your mind, causing feelings of anxiety, disgust or unease.

People with OCD are sometimes reluctant to seek help because they feel ashamed or embarrassed.

OCD is a health condition like any other, so there's nothing to feel ashamed or embarrassed about. Having OCD does not mean you're "mad" and it's not your fault you have it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Your continued behaviour of continually trolling me over this dating back over several years suggests strongly that you are obsessed with me and my actions on here.

You claim to be some sort of well-being practitioner and tutor - if so I suggest the following saying -

Medice, cura te ipsum

Have a nice day.

755OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Oct 12 2023, 13:37

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy, I asked you a perfectly civil question about your judgement of xmiles and was hoping for a civil and relevant response.

Instead, you chose to demonstrate yet again that you'd rather pick a quite unnecessary fight with genuine fellow members of the site.

I'll revert to ignoring your posts and see how many others you fall out with. How many is that now?

756OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Oct 17 2023, 23:35

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nice to have had a week's respite. I'd recommend it.

Are there obsessive folks on Wandererswallys?

Barry K32 had this to say earlier today on the general subject of FV:

Everyone seems to forget this. 

Holdsworth bought the club for fuck all.  Persuaded Ken to join. Gave himself a 4.5 million quid broker fee or something then fucked off into the distance with a pocket full of cash leaving Ken to deal with all the shit. 

Ken, although a nob was swindled a bit, had nowhere near enough in the bank to steady the ship with players still on massive contracts and when folk were marching round the stadium calling him a cunt he said "fuck you all, I'm not putting another bean in".

I'm not sure that BarryK32 has quite grasped it, though he probably thinks he has.

757OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Wed Oct 18 2023, 07:49

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wish it had been longer than a week.

758OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Wed Oct 18 2023, 07:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Wish it had been longer than a week.
So do I, Walter, but the tugboat thingies seem happy. Over 17,000 views now.

759OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Fri Oct 20 2023, 10:30

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I couldn't  say that I agree with all of BarryK32's synopsis but where did he get the idea that the Sports Shield mastermind fucked off into the distance with a pocket full of cash leaving Ken to deal with all the shit.'

That doesn't seem too far removed from the actuality but where did he get that from? Lets just say that it seems clear where he didn't get it from. 

Step forward the Grauniad, the Beeno, the Supporters Trust, Kieran Maguire and all the rest that joined in the vilification of Ken Anderson as being nothing but a 'rogue owner'.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat Oct 21 2023, 09:27; edited 1 time in total

760OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 38 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Sat Oct 21 2023, 09:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Here's a bit more from The Swiss Ramble.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sustainable?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 38 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 43  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum