Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!!

+31
okocha
wanderlust
y2johnny
Fulham Bob
Danno
Mr Magoo
Chairmanda
To Be Frank
doffcocker
Bollotom2014
bryan458
Boggersbelief
Growler
gloswhite
sunlight
wessy
DEANO82
rogercpc
boltonbonce
terenceanne
RangersDave
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
Cajunboy
finlaymcdanger
MartinBWFC
rammywhite
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
karlypants
Hipster_Nebula
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 43 of 43]

841OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Wed Feb 28 2024, 23:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:A very thoughtful response. A couple more considerations 
Firstly, of course, one might consider the whole professional football model broken in the sense that most clubs lose money and need cash injections to keep them going. Player wages are the main component of that. Until something is done about that the merry-go-round will continue. You may recall a few years ago the EFL tried to impose salary caps in L1 & L2 of £3m & £1.5m respectively, which the PFA challenged successfully. I’ll bet the wage bills of the top-spending clubs in L1 in particular are considerably more than double that now. I think I’m right in saying that Sheffield Wednesday lost around £25m three running (albeit they did escape L1 by the skin of their teeth). 
Secondly, the Swiss are not bound to lose money. The club could feasibly be worth what they invested, especially if we get promoted. Consequently, I acknowledge, while they are risking the whole amount they put in, in fact it’s very unlikely they’ll lose all, if indeed any, of it.

The football model is broken - but only in our eyes - there's plenty - owners, players, broadcasters, media, advertisers, and indeed most fans, who see nothing wrong with it - and life values such as mine and yours, simply don't count.

And the value of the Swiss shares in FV are of course only worth whatever someone will pay for them.

They might turn out to be quid's in for all I know but I simply can't see the value of BWFC in terms of it's location (United and City on the doorstep) stadium capacity (ample for our needs even in the PL but half the capacity of the 'big' clubs who fill their stadiums every week) or media/broadcasting/advertising revenue (the world won't be tuning in to watch Bolton when they can watch the big four (or six or whatever it is these days) or the likes of Real and Barcelona, or even Harry in Germany!

Our biggest sponsors name (deliberately) sounds like 'Tough Shit' and our next biggest sells toilets to actually shit in - ffs!!!

Is that the best we are able to attract if the future plan is from the international streaming and advertising revenue on BWFC TV, rather than gate receipts on freezing, rainy, midweek games in the middle of winter?

Let's be honest, we are a club that hasn't even got around to treating women equally yet, in that we haven't got a ladies team - and we are already nearly a quarter way through the 21st century!!!

How cutting edge are we, eh, what's our USP even - we are still just a small time, parochial little town club, when all said and done, even with the top bosses of a no doubt extremely rich multinational are having a little flutter on us because someone's brother is one of the owners of the club - that's the true reality isn't it?

Anyway it's their money, they can do what they like with it - nothing to do with me.

I just think the world has taken a wrong turn somewhere, where it clearly values someone skilful at kicking a ball vastly more than people who save and protect lives.

It is what it is though.

And it isn't going to change for the better.

842OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Feb 29 2024, 08:29

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have a Bolton Wanderers women and girls team.
@BWFCwomen
@BWFCgirls

I do seem to remember a while ago they stopped it, but seems they are back up and running.

843OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Feb 29 2024, 08:58

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Over two years for this revelation to be revealed! The 'esteemed' one and the Supporters Trust really do have their fingers on their pulses, don't they just?

Professor Claptrap must be well-impressed. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

844OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Feb 29 2024, 14:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:We have a Bolton Wanderers women and girls team.  
@BWFCwomen
@BWFCgirls

I do seem to remember a while ago they stopped it, but seems they are back up and running.  

If you look at this link from the clubs own website you will see that we have NO official ladies team.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They were never a part of BWFC ownership (Burnden Leisure/ Sports Shield BWFC/ Inner Circle/ and now FV) and used to come under the banner of the independent charity - Bolton Wanderers Community Trust, which they left to go independent themselves in June 2020.

The club however do seem to help them out but are NOT officially connected to them.

Bolton Wanderers separate from team in Women's National League

WOMEN’S football will no longer be played competitively under a Bolton Wanderers banner after ties were severed with the town’s team.

Bolton Ladies, who play in National League North Division One alongside Newcastle United, Leeds United and Bradford City, have ended their association with the club’s Community Trust and will now strike out independently.

The club will now revert to its original name, incorporated in 1989, from the start of the 2020/21 season.

Chris Knights, the first team manager, believes the separation will now allow his club to pursue improved commercial opportunities and give the team a better chance in a competitive league.

“Realistically it was a decision we had to take,” he told The Bolton News. “As a club we felt we had to stand on our own two feet, make our own decisions, if we are going to grow and improve.

“Football at this level is really moving on. A lot of teams are paying players and we need to be in a position to attract the better ones if we are going to progress.

“I’m excited about the direction we are going in as a club and I hope the town can back us too.”

The team was promoted into the FAWNL for the first time in its history in 2017 and has since grown a steady fanbase playing at Atherton Colls’ Skuna Stadium, where they will continue to play next season.

Wanderers have been approached for official comment - and it is understood that women's football does have a role to play at the club as part of the ongoing restructure of the department.

The Community Trust will also continue their popular coaching sessions for men and women around the town.

Wanderers maintain they will still be providing women’s football via the Community Trust’s coaching sessions around the town.

The club has girls teams ranging from Under-9 level to Under-14s and operates sessions in schools through the Premier League Primary Stars and in communities via the Premier League Kicks programmes.

There are also plans to extend the BWFC Girls teams from Under-8s to Under-18s

845OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Feb 29 2024, 16:38

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So we have a Bolton Wanderers ladies team.
Who call themselves Bolton Wanderers ladies.

846OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Feb 29 2024, 16:47

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:So we have a Bolton Wanderers ladies team.  
Who call themselves Bolton Wanderers ladies.

Depends on who you define as 'we'.

BWFC (Football Ventures) of whom I was talking about, DOESN'T have a ladies team.

Sluffy wrote:Let's be honest, we are a club that hasn't even got around to treating women equally yet, in that we haven't got a ladies team - and we are already nearly a quarter way through the 21st century!!!

If you are talking about Bolton as a place (which I wasn't) then we do.

That's why I specifically provided you (and everyone else) with the link to the clubs official site to confirm what I had said to be correct.

847OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Feb 29 2024, 16:55

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Depends on who you define as 'we'.

BWFC (Football Ventures) of whom I was talking about, DOESN'T have a ladies team.

If you are talking about Bolton as a place (which I wasn't) then we do.

That's why I specifically provided you (and everyone else) with the link to the clubs official site to confirm what I had said to be correct.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

848OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Thu Feb 29 2024, 16:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm not being pedantic and I'm also not here to be trolled by you or anyone else...

Norpig wrote:I left recently for the same reason but don't see why i should leave, so came back and told you know who to just not bother interacting with me (i have been winding him up recently, just can't help myself) so maybe do the same as me?

849OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Fri Mar 08 2024, 23:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just something to keep an eye on really...

Bolton in partnership with LUDONAUTICS

Wales-born Cambridge physics graduate Graham is the owner of Ludonautics - Michael Edwards is a non-executive director of Ludonautics.

Saturday's gossip
Michael Edwards is close to agreeing a senior role with Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group, which would include the former Reds executive taking control of the club's football operations. (Athletic - subscription required)

850OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! - Page 43 Empty Re: OFFICIAL CLUB SOLD TO FV!!!!! Tue Mar 12 2024, 15:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Sluffy wrote:Just something to keep an eye on really...

Bolton in partnership with LUDONAUTICS

Wales-born Cambridge physics graduate Graham is the owner of Ludonautics - Michael Edwards is a non-executive director of Ludonautics.

Saturday's gossip
Michael Edwards is close to agreeing a senior role with Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group, which would include the former Reds executive taking control of the club's football operations. (Athletic - subscription required)

UPDATE

Liverpool owners FSG appoint Michael Edwards as their chief executive of football

Edwards has most recently been working as a consultant for Ludonautics - a sports advisory business set up by Ian Graham, who was Liverpool's director of research from 2012 to 2023.

He will give up doing consultancy work for them on 1 June.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 43 of 43]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 23 ... 41, 42, 43

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum