Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Coyle should stay.

+7
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
largehat
xmiles
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why Coyle should stay. Empty Why Coyle should stay. Wed Sep 05 2012, 23:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1. He knows we're skint, has bought a load of young players that he hopes will develop into better players than the young players other clubs are developing and he wants to play attacking, entertaining football. This, I like.

2. Before this season is out we may well see a forward 6 of

Lee Mavies Holden Wylde

N'Gog Sordell

This I want to see.

3. There is an outside chance that somehow, someway the defence will sort itself out. With those 6 going forward, opposing teams may be less inclined to push forward.

This, I don't believe but would like to.

4. A new manager would spoil my chances of ever seeing this happen.

2Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Wed Sep 05 2012, 23:27

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think you should insert seeing squadrons of flying pigs somewhere between points 2 and 3.

3Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Wed Sep 05 2012, 23:32

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Good lad, wanderlust. You tell 'em pal.

4Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 00:46

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

We're five games (including a League Cup match) into the season and yet to see Gregg Wylde. None of us saw that coming did we? Oh hang on, we did, because we've seen it time and time again. I personally don't care about the "young, talented players" Coyle signs because he forever sticks with the tried and tested failures no matter what.

If Tom Eaves and this Joe McKee ever get a decent run out, I'll show my arse on Bolton Town Hall steps.

5Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 08:06

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:1. He knows we're skint, has bought a load of young players that he hopes will develop into better players than the young players other clubs are developing and he wants to play attacking, entertaining football. This, I like.

Lee Mavies Holden Wylde

N'Gog Sordell

This I want to see.

3. There is an outside chance that somehow, someway the defence will sort itself out. With those 6 going forward, opposing teams may be less inclined to push forward.

I had you down as one of the sensible posters, it seems I was wrong. In fact, I think you could be Phil Gartside.

Firstly, you claim he wants to play attacking, entertaining football? Then why does he pick Kevin Davies every week and lump the ball towards him? We haven't seen any decent football from BWFC since Holden got injured. Tactics come from the top, I doubt Bogdan is telling the plyers to play hoofball.

Your midfield four of Lee, Mavies, Holden & Wylde is laughable. You couldn't have picked a more lightweight midfield if you'd had the pick of the local anorexic 14 year olds. Please explain why Mavies will suddenly become a good player after 18 months of anonymity. Why will Lee suddenly be the player he was three years ago? Why will Holden play again this season? And why will Wylde be any good, someone who was hardly a star in the 3rd rate SPL?

Ngog and Sordell upfront? He's had ample opportunity to pair these two, but he prefers Kevin Davies. Why will this change? But even if they do play together, one is injury prone and can't play three games in a row and the other looks unfit and lazy.

If these are your true feelings you have your head in the sand. You seem to think Coyle will wake up one morning and change everything he knows. He won't.

6Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 11:55

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote: If Tom Eaves and this Joe McKee ever get a decent run out, I'll show my arse on Bolton Town Hall steps.

This I don't want to see.

7Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 11:56

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:1. He knows we're skint, has bought a load of young players that he hopes will develop into better players than the young players other clubs are developing and he wants to play attacking, entertaining football. This, I like.

Lee Mavies Holden Wylde

N'Gog Sordell

This I want to see.

I had you down as one of the sensible posters, it seems I was wrong. In fact, I think you could be Phil Gartside.

Firstly, you claim he wants to play attacking, entertaining football? Then why does he pick Kevin Davies every week and lump the ball towards him? We haven't seen any decent football from BWFC since Holden got injured. Tactics come from the top, I doubt Bogdan is telling the plyers to play hoofball.

Your midfield four of Lee, Mavies, Holden & Wylde is laughable. You couldn't have picked a more lightweight midfield if you'd had the pick of the local anorexic 14 year olds. Please explain why Mavies will suddenly become a good player after 18 months of anonymity. Why will Lee suddenly be the player he was three years ago? Why will Holden play again this season? And why will Wylde be any good, someone who was hardly a star in the 3rd rate SPL?

Ngog and Sordell upfront? He's had ample opportunity to pair these two, but he prefers Kevin Davies. Why will this change? But even if they do play together, one is injury prone and can't play three games in a row and the other looks unfit and lazy.

If these are your true feelings you have your head in the sand. You seem to think Coyle will wake up one morning and change everything he knows. He won't.

Good lass, Natasha. You tell them, hun.

8Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 16:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

the best midfield in the world - Barcelona. I think we can all agree on that.

Every player in that midfield weighs less than every player mentioned in the midfield above.

when will people learn its about TALENT not WEIGHT FFS.

If you want to play passing football you don't want 4 or 5 broad shouldered bruisers in the middle, otherwise we may as well just sign a load of doormen.

sadly it seems Coyle either doesn't want to, or these players can't, play passing football. So the conventional wisdom would say have a 5 man midfield with a holding player thats stops us being overrun. We can then knock long balls to Davo all day long so that Sordell and Afobe are slagged off as balls fly over their heads and out for goal kicks.

9Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

when will people learn its about TALENT not WEIGHT FFS.

Fine when you're manager of a world class side with world class players.

But we're Bolton. We don't have those world class players, we need a bit of steel in midfield - you can't do it with tarts like Davies, Lee & Wylde.

10Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree, someone like Gattuso, who weights 3 pounds more than mark davies.

It's about strength, ability, composure and talent.

not weight.

"lightweight" is just a term people use when they don't actually know what it is they're complaining about.

11Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I agree, someone like Gattuso, who weights 3 pounds more than mark davies.

It's about strength, ability, composure and talent.

not weight.

"lightweight" is just a term people use when they don't actually know what it is they're complaining about.

I use lightweight when a player is too easily pushed off the ball.

12Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So you mean strength then. When do you ever see someone like Scholes or Xavi or Inesta "pushed off the ball" almost never.

thats because they're strong, canny, talented, composed and skillful.

13Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:12

Not two weeks ago I was present when a Premier League coach said Zat Knight was "lightweight". It's not just people on this forum that use the term, rightly or wrongly.

14Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Passi, why are you named after a shit player? Why not name yourself after a good player?

15Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 17:38

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I thought he was the real Franck Passi... it's why I never use a photo of Kevin Keegan as my avatar!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

16Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 18:31

largehat wrote:Passi, why are you named after a shit player? Why not name yourself after a good player?

Why are you named after a large hat rather than a small hat?

17Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 19:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

There's a (not very interesting) story behind it
Involving a large hat.

18Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 21:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:There's a (not very interesting) story behind it

You're normally happy to ramble on about not very interesting stories.

19Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:42

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

If the story is 50 words or less, I'd be happy to hear it.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

20Why Coyle should stay. Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 22:45

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keegan wrote:If the story is 50 words or less, I'd be happy to hear it.

Me too...I am curious

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum