Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Coyle should stay.

+7
bwfc71
Numpty 28723
Natasha Whittam
doffcocker
largehat
xmiles
wanderlust
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:10

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Used to be a manager for a major high street retail sales company. Had this dopey lad from Wigan working for me. One of his customers came in to do a deal he had arranged with her. It was his day off, so phoned him for his password in order to process the deal in such a way that he would get the commission for deal. He didn't want to give me his password because he knew we would take the piss out of him. Eventually he said "well, you know how the system makes you change your password randomly out of the blue? I was taken by surprise one morning and couldn't think of anything. The woman I was serving had a large hat on so I set my new password as 'largehat'."

When I went to register for Twitter a few years ago, I couldn't think of a username, And I remembered the dopey lad from Wigan and chose 'largehat'. Then just kind of stuck with it when I registered for JA606.

22Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:12

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry, got bored...can you make it a lot shorter...

23Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I actually thought it was quite amusing.

24Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:16

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was joking...Its good we know where the name came from...

25Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I know.. I always have a bit of sympathy for Wiganers. It's like living in a parallel universe.

26Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Thu Sep 06 2012, 23:26

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Exactly, he was a real muppet but a lovely lad.

He introduced some wonderful words into the team vocabulary, most memorably 'lobby' (a type of stew he brought in for his lunch one day in a butty box.. "what's that Tim?" "It's me lobby") and 'pea-wet' (when you go to the chippy and ask them to pour some mushy pea juice onto your chips free of charge). He was a funny lad.

27Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Fri Sep 07 2012, 06:27

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was on a caravan holiday and a family from Wigan were in the caravan next to us. The father was sunning himself on the patio when his wife came out and brought him a cup of tea. She asked him if he wanted a sandwich to eat and he replied, ' No thanks Luv, I'll just have a sticky bun'.

28Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Fri Sep 07 2012, 10:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Always called sticky buns "sticky buns" in Bolton as I recall - or is the point that he doesn't eat proper?

29Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Fri Sep 07 2012, 11:04

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote: - or is the point that he doesn't eat proper?

This.

30Why Coyle should stay. - Page 2 Empty Re: Why Coyle should stay. Fri Sep 07 2012, 11:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:1. He knows we're skint, has bought a load of young players that he hopes will develop into better players than the young players other clubs are developing and he wants to play attacking, entertaining football. This, I like.

2. Before this season is out we may well see a forward 6 of

Lee Mavies Holden Wylde

N'Gog Sordell

This I want to see.

3. There is an outside chance that somehow, someway the defence will sort itself out. With those 6 going forward, opposing teams may be less inclined to push forward.

This, I don't believe but would like to.

4. A new manager would spoil my chances of ever seeing this happen.

I had you down as one of the sensible posters, it seems I was wrong. In fact, I think you could be Phil Gartside.

Firstly, you claim he wants to play attacking, entertaining football? Then why does he pick Kevin Davies every week and lump the ball towards him? We haven't seen any decent football from BWFC since Holden got injured. Tactics come from the top, I doubt Bogdan is telling the plyers to play hoofball.

Your midfield four of Lee, Mavies, Holden & Wylde is laughable. You couldn't have picked a more lightweight midfield if you'd had the pick of the local anorexic 14 year olds. Please explain why Mavies will suddenly become a good player after 18 months of anonymity. Why will Lee suddenly be the player he was three years ago? Why will Holden play again this season? And why will Wylde be any good, someone who was hardly a star in the 3rd rate SPL?

Ngog and Sordell upfront? He's had ample opportunity to pair these two, but he prefers Kevin Davies. Why will this change? But even if they do play together, one is injury prone and can't play three games in a row and the other looks unfit and lazy.

If these are your true feelings you have your head in the sand. You seem to think Coyle will wake up one morning and change everything he knows. He won't.

Oh dear Natasha!

I had you down as getting at least a B in comprehension and with some discernible critical reasoning skills, but I've clearly overestimated your talents.

So I write down a wishlist and you analyse it as if it was a) what I think should happen and b) what I expect to happen. Wrong on both counts, but never mind.

I was speculating on what OCs vision for BWFC might be, and if it's anywhere close, I like some bits of it, others not so much. A nice vision - probably the vision the Board bought into (especially as it involved spending less and cutting wages!) - but it's irrelevant as it the "low-cost but competitive" team may never actually compete as a team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum