Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Transfer rumours !

Transfer rumours !

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down  Message [Page 19 of 21]

541Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 22:21

T.R.O.Y.

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Oh lord.

542Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Nov 24 2020, 23:51

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
I can't fathom quite why, but for some strange reason the words "Pot,"Kettle" and "Black" seem to spring to mind.

543Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Nov 25 2020, 00:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:If no keeper what position would you spend the money on Lust?

No idea who I'd bring in as I don't know that market but in general I'd personally be inclined to sacrifice two current salaries to get one player with the extra quality to influence games more in a midfield position and if pushed to say where I'd probably plump for attacking left - maybe a left footer? Athletic enough to play 10 or wide left and can pass and score aka a roaming inside left. And sending in crosses for Doyler to compete with 2 big CBs isn't going to happen so it has to be somebody who can play tight and fast.
I think Gethin Jones is OK but we aren't creating enough on the left which would probably be the area where the most effective upgrade within our budget could happen IMO.

544Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Nov 25 2020, 11:05

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I can't fathom quite why, but for some strange reason the words "Pot,"Kettle" and "Black" seem to spring to mind.
Very Happy
Very Happy :good:

Self awareness is a very valuable quality.

545Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Nov 25 2020, 11:09

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Self awareness is a very valuable quality.

:agree:

546Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Nov 26 2020, 00:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Just a word on our loanee Peter Kioso. He's a 21 year old kid and yet Evatt is basing much of our game on him inasmuch that Kioso has such a great leap on him, Evatt is encouraging other players to lump it to his head - but moreover Kioso is a worker all over the pitch and is decent defensively - a talent in need of refinement.
One we should fight to keep IMO. Considering where we're at, I'd be planning to get that sorted somewhere along the line.

547Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Nov 26 2020, 01:56

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Not a transfer rumour as such but former Wanderer Sam Ricketts, and for some the person to succeed Keith Hill instead of Evatt, has just been sacked by Shrewsbury.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

548Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Nov 26 2020, 14:42

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Just a word on our loanee Peter Kioso. He's a 21 year old kid and yet Evatt is basing much of our game on him inasmuch that Kioso has such a great leap on him, Evatt is encouraging other players to lump it to his head - but moreover Kioso is a worker all over the pitch and is decent defensively - a talent in need of refinement.
One we should fight to keep IMO. Considering where we're at, I'd be planning to get that sorted somewhere along the line.
I totally agree.

Wish I had some of his energy.

Great to see him score at Scunthorpe.

549Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 08 2020, 23:47

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Luton considering recalling Kioso apparently.

550Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Dec 12 2020, 13:58

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

551Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Dec 12 2020, 14:01

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I would have loved to see the Postman back here, he would be great for getting good crosses in to to the likes of Doyle and Delfouneso.

552Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Dec 14 2020, 14:11

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Ex Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Keiran Lee is supposedly training with us with a view to signing

553Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Dec 14 2020, 14:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Ex Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Keiran Lee is supposedly training with us with a view to signing
So that's the "secret" midfielder in the BN article? Can't say I'm overwhelmed by that, but we do need to tighten up the midfield. He used to be half decent at SW.

554Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 15 2020, 12:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Wednesday fans say he was the first name on the team sheet for them in the championship, but had injury problems ?  So quality not in doubt but is he fit.

555Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Dec 21 2020, 19:50

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
3 Names doing the rounds, said to be training with the club, Ched Evans, Dion Donohue, Kieren Lee, all bad boys, but is that a bad thing?

556Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Dec 21 2020, 22:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'd have Evans in a heartbeat. Not sure what's been going on at Fleetwood but it's worth the risk.

557Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 22 2020, 11:59

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:3 Names doing the rounds, said to be training with the club, Ched Evans, Dion Donohue, Kieren Lee, all bad boys, but is that a bad thing?
Evans was eventually cleared of rape and Donohue was done for fighting but I didn’t know Lee had personal / disciplinary problems.

558Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 22 2020, 13:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The Evans rape case was a few years ago but from what i've read he's fell out with Barton (surely not?).

I used to play football with the other lad in the Evans rape case - Clayton McDonald, he's mates with the chap who runs the Monday night football i went to until recently. Even though he was found not guilty it ruined his career and he ended up playing non-league. He's a very nice fella though and you can tell he was a pro from the way he played.

559Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 29 2020, 21:33

Keegan

Keegan
Diego Costa was released from his contract at Atletico Madrid, and it just so happens that we need a striker. Thoughts?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

560Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 29 2020, 22:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Unlikely Keegan!

Very Happy

More likely and doing the rounds is that both Crellin and White are having there season loans cut short and being sent back to their home clubs.

If we can cut short the loan deals (and if we are under the same embargo as last season - where we could only loan players for half a season at a time) then it would make sense to do so to clear squad places for hopefully better replacements.

No doubt we will find out soon enough.

561Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Dec 29 2020, 22:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Unlikely Keegan!

Very Happy

More likely and doing the rounds is that both Crellin and White are having there season loans cut short and being sent back to their home clubs.

If we can cut short the loan deals (and if we are under the same embargo as last season - where we could only loan players for half a season at a time) then it would make sense to do so to clear squad places for hopefully better replacements.

No doubt we will find out soon enough.
I also think some will be let go to make room. That's the upside of loan deals i.e. if they don't work out you can hang on to the ones you want and replace the ones you don't so theoretically we should have another shot at improving our hand.
Look back at the second post in this thread just to remind yourself where we were and how much things have improved since then.

562Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jan 01 2021, 06:54

Keegan

Keegan
Crellin clearly isn't up to it, but I thought White would have been better.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

563Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jan 18 2021, 22:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
Nottingham Forest’s Zach Clough is reportedly on the radar of League One side Wigan Athletic.
The 25-year-old was once revered as one of the Football League’s most exciting, young English players.

Changes in management, loss of form and injuries have kept Clough from prevailing at Forest. But at 25-years-old he remains a relatively young footballer and with Wigan he could yet continue his journey up the Football League.

He’s become the forgotten man of Forest. With Wigan though, Clough – who missed out on a move to Greece last summer – could become the hero they need to bring them out of the League One drop zone.

With his contract out in the summer, Forest and Clough could be willing to mutually terminate his deal so that he can join Wigan Athletic – the Latics are still in administration and unlikely to be able to afford a transfer fee.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

564Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jan 19 2021, 14:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I know a lot would disagree but i personally would love to see him back with us.

565Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jan 19 2021, 14:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
What’s happened to Wheater? Has he still been pushed to the side or is he back playing now?

566Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jan 19 2021, 14:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What’s happened to Wheater? Has he still been pushed to the side or is he back playing now?

He left us years ago. Keep up.

567Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:04

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:What’s happened to Wheater? Has he still been pushed to the side or is he back playing now?

He left us years ago. Keep up.
Yes I know he did. He moved to Oldham and the last I heard he was sidelined you tit. Smile

568Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Yes I know he did. He moved to Oldham and the last I heard he was sidelined you tit. Smile

Leave my tits out of it.

569Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jan 19 2021, 15:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I know a lot would disagree but i personally would love to see him back with us.

If he was the player we had when he originally burst into our team I think he would be fantastic signing for us in the number 10 role.

However I remember when he was here that he and Vela where criticised by Freedman because of their behaviour and attitude and I suspect they are both (Vela now at FGR) some of the many players with talent but without the right 'right stuff' required to be a success in the game.

There is obvious a reason why a succession of managers have not rated him since he left us and hardly any other clubs in the years since have taken him on loan.

There's clearly a reason why the only team he's being linked to is a club on the cusp of actually being liquidated and that's not because of the lack of footballing talent he has shown in the past when with us.

570Transfer rumours ! - Page 19 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jan 19 2021, 16:02

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

If he was the player we had when he originally burst into our team I think he would be fantastic signing for us in the number 10 role.

However I remember when he was here that he and Vela where criticised by Freedman because of their behaviour and attitude and I suspect they are both (Vela now at FGR) some of the many players with talent but without the right 'right stuff' required to be a success in the game.

There is obvious a reason why a succession of managers have not rated him since he left us and hardly any other clubs in the years since have taken him on loan.

There's clearly a reason why the only team he's being linked to is a club on the cusp of actually being liquidated and that's not because of the lack of footballing talent he has shown in the past when with us.
I think it was Lennon that brought Clough and Vela through, and Vela is now at Shrewsbury

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 19 of 21]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum