Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » Guests

Guests

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Guests Empty Guests Fri Feb 07 2020, 15:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yes you 70 people hiding in the shadows, come into then light and register.

Us regular posters promise (for at least the first day or two) to be welcoming and thoroughly appreciative of all your points of view before we return to our usual feral and argumentative state.

Come on you know it makes sense!

2Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 07 2020, 15:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
And KP will throw in a guest pass that entitles you to a free half hour behind the BB bins.

3Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 07 2020, 15:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Natasha Whittam wrote:And KP will throw in a guest pass that entitles you to a free half hour behind the BB bins.
Are you not throwing in some free tickets to your box Nat as a special promo or is it all full up now? Very Happy

4Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 07 2020, 15:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:Are you not throwing in some free tickets to your box Nat as a special promo or is it all full up now? Very Happy

My box is very popular on a Saturday afternoon. Standing room only now.

5Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 07 2020, 16:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Welcome to Sophiamistry, see my plan is working already  Very Happy

6Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 07 2020, 16:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Come in. We're just everyday folks.

7Guests Empty Re: Guests Mon Feb 10 2020, 09:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Welcome to Taylor Dalton, another newbie.

Word of advice though, don't use your real names, you may live to regret it  Twisted Evil

8Guests Empty Re: Guests Mon Feb 10 2020, 13:16

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:Welcome to Taylor Dalton, another newbie.

Word of advice though, don't use your real names, you may live to regret it  Twisted Evil
Wish someone had told me that when I joined.

9Guests Empty Re: Guests Mon Feb 10 2020, 14:56

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@boltonbonce wrote:Come in. We're just everyday folks.
Why did i think of the Adams Family music when i read this.

10Guests Empty Re: Guests Mon Feb 10 2020, 15:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Angry Dad wrote:
@boltonbonce wrote:Come in. We're just everyday folks.
Why did i think of the Adams Family music when i read this.
Laughing

11Guests Empty Re: Guests Mon Feb 10 2020, 15:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I want to be cousin it as i miss having hair  Laughing

12Guests Empty Re: Guests Mon Feb 10 2020, 19:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I want to be cousin it as i miss having hair  Laughing

You should have worn a bob hat to stop all the friction causing the bald patch from the headboard!

13Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 13:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
85 guests on the forum currently, i presume the BEL twitter link has pulled people in?

Come on guests register and give us a go, we aren't that bad (apart from Ten Bob)  Very Happy

14Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 13:28

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I think us regulars should introduce ourselves now we seem to be famous and have a crowd watching us.

I'm Norpig, Bolton born and bred but now living in Manchester. I'm still a season ticket holder and always will be as long as i can get there.

I clean bedpans for a living at a Hospital and have risen through the ranks to be Chief bedpan washer, i am very proud as you can imagine

I have lots of friends on here but i do have an arch nemesis. His name is Ten Bob and i think he's currently locked up a geriatric psychiatric unit somewhere but they let him have wifi worse luck.

15Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 14:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I'm Bonce. I'm not completely normal, and my google search history means I'm on a list at Interpol.
I'm quite accident prone, mainly around water, but I've managed to avoid a watery grave. So far.
As the only full blooded Cherokee on Nuts, I'm regarded with some suspicion, despite my people having roamed and hunted on the plains around Farnworth for many centuries. 
I have my own personal thread. Need I say more.
This, as you must be aware, is simply a thumbnail of a complex, yet brilliant, human being. The fact that my bed has a rubber mattress cover shouldn't come into it. And I'm amazed that you even brought it up. I'm not here to be abused and belittled. In fact, just for that I'm logging off.

PS. I like slippers.

16Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 14:09

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:flog:

17Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 14:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Outrageous. I'm turning off my pm's and banning myself for a month.

18Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 14:48

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
You've driven them all away with your negativity BTID  Very Happy

19Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 17:25

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
:drwho:

20Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 18:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It would be a massive improvement if you got rid of the adverts and tidied up the amount of sticky topics on the front page.

21Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 21:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
I agree.

22Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@Natasha Whittam wrote:It would be a massive improvement if you got rid of the adverts and tidied up the amount of sticky topics on the front page.

I don't disagree but the fact is we've paid for no adverts right from the start and I can't remember the last time anyone joined us and became a regular - so adverts or not they aren't putting anyone off from joining up any more so than not having adverts had.

So I didn't see much point in me putting my hand in my pocket once again to pay for a cosmetic enhancement to the site, particularly as at the time a payment was required I was constantly being trolled as per 'fakeaccountgate'.

(notice I never mentioned any specific account before the usuals trolling starts again!)

There are two reasons why nobody joins us - the first is that forums are only popular with those of us of a certain age and are happy to post more than 12 characters or so at one go, and the second is who in their right minds would want to join a forum where trolling, constant diatribes about Brexit and the Conservatives are posted daily by the same people with a clear and compulsive fixation about them and a basic toxicity abounds throughout the site???

Would I join if I was a 'guest' who just stumbled across the site - no I wouldn't.

There's hardly any talk about BWFC - and that would be the reason I would want to come to the site for - and everything else is petty squabling and bitchness all around - with a complete absence of fun altogether!

The site has been ruined by a few who think their 'fun' is more important than the site itself.

It's not nice being on here at times - and I'm saying this as one of the founders!

No, it isn't adverts that people don't like - it's us, and they are right feel that way too.

Up to us to sort ourselves out first if we really do want others to join us.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

23Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
I'm gloswhite. I'm not a painter and decorator but I do live in Glos. and though I'm very shy person, I believe I'm the best looking chap on here, and apart from Nat, am by far the best eye candy on here.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

24Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson
@Sluffy wrote:

I don't disagree but the fact is we've paid for no adverts right from the start and I can't remember the last time anyone joined us and became a regular - so adverts or not they aren't putting anyone off from joining up any more so than not having adverts had.

So I didn't see much point in me putting my hand in my pocket once again to pay for a cosmetic enhancement to the site, particularly as at the time a payment was required I was constantly being trolled as per 'fakeaccountgate'.

(notice I never mentioned any specific account before the usuals trolling starts again!)

There are two reasons why nobody joins us - the first is that forums are only popular with those of us of a certain age and are happy to post more than 12 characters or so at one go, and the second is who in their right minds would want to join a forum where trolling, constant diatribes about Brexit and the Conservatives are posted daily by the same people with a clear and compulsive fixation about them and a basic toxicity abounds throughout the site???

Would I join if I was a 'guest' who just stumbled across the site - no I wouldn't.

There's hardly any talk about BWFC - and that would be the reason I would want to come to the site for - and everything else is petty squabling and bitchness all around - with a complete absence of fun altogether!

The site has been ruined by a few who think their 'fun' is more important than the site itself.

It's not nice being on here at times - and I'm saying this as one of the founders!

No, it isn't adverts that people don't like - it's us, and they are right feel that way too.

Up to us to sort ourselves out first if we really do want others to join us.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Sluffy,

Are you for real?  You've probably scared off 99% of those who came to have a look. 
Just as well you got off your soapbox, I was looking for something to set it on fire. Unbelievable.

25Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
@gloswhite wrote:
Sluffy,

Are you for real?  You've probably scared off 99% of those who came to have a look. 
Just as well you got off your soapbox, I was looking for something to set it on fire. Unbelievable.

Well said glos.

26Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@gloswhite wrote:Sluffy,

Yes I am for real.

Do you think people who do read the site are blind or something and if they don't know how the site really is how long do you think it will take them to realise this isn't a very happy site to be on???

Christ even you have left the site for several weeks recently because of the 'goings on' - why would you even think others wouldn't soon realise how little fun and banter there really is on here but plenty pointless trolling being done instead.

People aren't stupid, they can see it for themselves, they don't need me to point out the obvious.

27Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 23:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Here we go again. I'm taking a break. I'm even turning off pm's. I'll miss chatbox during the match, but what the hell.
I've taken up whittling, so I'll be fine.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained".

Mark Twain.

28Guests Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 23:53

okocha

okocha
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Does a BWFC fan want to read huge threads about Vince or Wigan? Would he/she be enthralled by interminable squabbles involving a pretty clear common denominator high on condescension but low in self-awareness?

Get rid of those factors and there remain many interesting, amusing, intelligent posters covering a wide range of appealing topics to draw in newcomers.

29Guests Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 00:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin
@okocha wrote:Does a BWFC fan want to read huge threads about Vince or Wigan? Would he/she be enthralled by interminable squabbles involving a pretty clear common denominator high on condescension but low in self-awareness?

Get rid of those factors and there remain many interesting, amusing, intelligent posters covering a wide range of appealing topics to draw in newcomers.

Does a BWFC fan want to read daily diatribes about the Tory government but you seem to post about it any chance you get.

Do they want to read daily for eight months (and counting) of 'I'm a 'real' account, prove I'm not' when no one even cares???

Do they want to read about Tory croynism, or Brexit or Donald Trump - but you seem to love posting about them...

I know this might seem an outrageous idea but I would have thought a BWFC fan would want to read about BWFC above anything else!

There's been so much agendas and trolling over the years that people have forgotten why we are here and it isn't to score points of each other all the time.

I'm sick to death of it all to be honest.

It isn't fun on here anymore.

It's as simple as that - and that's why nobody else is ever interested in joining in with us.

You don't need to be Einstein to work that out.

30Guests Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 00:58

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
@okocha wrote:Does a BWFC fan want to read huge threads about Vince or Wigan? Would he/she be enthralled by interminable squabbles involving a pretty clear common denominator high on condescension but low in self-awareness?

:agree: :agree: :agree: :toppoints:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum