Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Guests

+10
gloswhite
Sluffy
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Angry Dad
wanderlust
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 21:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I agree.

22Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:It would be a massive improvement if you got rid of the adverts and tidied up the amount of sticky topics on the front page.

I don't disagree but the fact is we've paid for no adverts right from the start and I can't remember the last time anyone joined us and became a regular - so adverts or not they aren't putting anyone off from joining up any more so than not having adverts had.

So I didn't see much point in me putting my hand in my pocket once again to pay for a cosmetic enhancement to the site, particularly as at the time a payment was required I was constantly being trolled as per 'fakeaccountgate'.

(notice I never mentioned any specific account before the usuals trolling starts again!)

There are two reasons why nobody joins us - the first is that forums are only popular with those of us of a certain age and are happy to post more than 12 characters or so at one go, and the second is who in their right minds would want to join a forum where trolling, constant diatribes about Brexit and the Conservatives are posted daily by the same people with a clear and compulsive fixation about them and a basic toxicity abounds throughout the site???

Would I join if I was a 'guest' who just stumbled across the site - no I wouldn't.

There's hardly any talk about BWFC - and that would be the reason I would want to come to the site for - and everything else is petty squabling and bitchness all around - with a complete absence of fun altogether!

The site has been ruined by a few who think their 'fun' is more important than the site itself.

It's not nice being on here at times - and I'm saying this as one of the founders!

No, it isn't adverts that people don't like - it's us, and they are right feel that way too.

Up to us to sort ourselves out first if we really do want others to join us.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

23Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:28

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm gloswhite. I'm not a painter and decorator but I do live in Glos. and though I'm very shy person, I believe I'm the best looking chap on here, and apart from Nat, am by far the best eye candy on here.  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

24Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:33

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Sluffy wrote:

I don't disagree but the fact is we've paid for no adverts right from the start and I can't remember the last time anyone joined us and became a regular - so adverts or not they aren't putting anyone off from joining up any more so than not having adverts had.

So I didn't see much point in me putting my hand in my pocket once again to pay for a cosmetic enhancement to the site, particularly as at the time a payment was required I was constantly being trolled as per 'fakeaccountgate'.

(notice I never mentioned any specific account before the usuals trolling starts again!)

There are two reasons why nobody joins us - the first is that forums are only popular with those of us of a certain age and are happy to post more than 12 characters or so at one go, and the second is who in their right minds would want to join a forum where trolling, constant diatribes about Brexit and the Conservatives are posted daily by the same people with a clear and compulsive fixation about them and a basic toxicity abounds throughout the site???

Would I join if I was a 'guest' who just stumbled across the site - no I wouldn't.

There's hardly any talk about BWFC - and that would be the reason I would want to come to the site for - and everything else is petty squabling and bitchness all around - with a complete absence of fun altogether!

The site has been ruined by a few who think their 'fun' is more important than the site itself.

It's not nice being on here at times - and I'm saying this as one of the founders!

No, it isn't adverts that people don't like - it's us, and they are right feel that way too.

Up to us to sort ourselves out first if we really do want others to join us.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Sluffy,

Are you for real?  You've probably scared off 99% of those who came to have a look. 
Just as well you got off your soapbox, I was looking for something to set it on fire. Unbelievable.

25Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:
Sluffy,

Are you for real?  You've probably scared off 99% of those who came to have a look. 
Just as well you got off your soapbox, I was looking for something to set it on fire. Unbelievable.

Well said glos.

26Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 22:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

gloswhite wrote:Sluffy,

Yes I am for real.

Do you think people who do read the site are blind or something and if they don't know how the site really is how long do you think it will take them to realise this isn't a very happy site to be on???

Christ even you have left the site for several weeks recently because of the 'goings on' - why would you even think others wouldn't soon realise how little fun and banter there really is on here but plenty pointless trolling being done instead.

People aren't stupid, they can see it for themselves, they don't need me to point out the obvious.

27Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 23:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here we go again. I'm taking a break. I'm even turning off pm's. I'll miss chatbox during the match, but what the hell.
I've taken up whittling, so I'll be fine.

"When we remember we are all mad, the mysteries disappear, and life stands explained".

Mark Twain.

28Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Fri Feb 19 2021, 23:53

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Does a BWFC fan want to read huge threads about Vince or Wigan? Would he/she be enthralled by interminable squabbles involving a pretty clear common denominator high on condescension but low in self-awareness?

Get rid of those factors and there remain many interesting, amusing, intelligent posters covering a wide range of appealing topics to draw in newcomers.

29Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 00:25

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Does a BWFC fan want to read huge threads about Vince or Wigan? Would he/she be enthralled by interminable squabbles involving a pretty clear common denominator high on condescension but low in self-awareness?

Get rid of those factors and there remain many interesting, amusing, intelligent posters covering a wide range of appealing topics to draw in newcomers.

Does a BWFC fan want to read daily diatribes about the Tory government but you seem to post about it any chance you get.

Do they want to read daily for eight months (and counting) of 'I'm a 'real' account, prove I'm not' when no one even cares???

Do they want to read about Tory croynism, or Brexit or Donald Trump - but you seem to love posting about them...

I know this might seem an outrageous idea but I would have thought a BWFC fan would want to read about BWFC above anything else!

There's been so much agendas and trolling over the years that people have forgotten why we are here and it isn't to score points of each other all the time.

I'm sick to death of it all to be honest.

It isn't fun on here anymore.

It's as simple as that - and that's why nobody else is ever interested in joining in with us.

You don't need to be Einstein to work that out.

30Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 00:58

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

okocha wrote:Does a BWFC fan want to read huge threads about Vince or Wigan? Would he/she be enthralled by interminable squabbles involving a pretty clear common denominator high on condescension but low in self-awareness?

:agree: :agree: :agree: :toppoints:

31Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 01:18

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hi, I'm Hip Priest and like 95% of the posters on here I'm a Wanderers supporting, normal, OK, everyday type of bloke who doesn't take life too seriously and likes a chat about most things.
Please don't be put off by any perceived aggro on here at the moment as we are all slowly beginning to come to terms with the main protagonist and his lapdog. It's a good site really, jump in and give us a try.

32Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 07:35

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hip Priest wrote:Hi, I'm Hip Priest and like 95% of the posters on here I'm a Wanderers supporting, normal, OK, everyday type of bloke who doesn't take life too seriously and likes a chat about most things.
Please don't be put off by any perceived aggro on here at the moment as we are all slowly beginning to come to terms with the main protagonist and his lapdog. It's a good site really, jump in and give us a try.
If you are a twerp who enjoys the company of like-minded twerps you should get on quite well on Nuts. Its like an asylum. They all think they are normal. Honestly they do.

33Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 07:59

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well said okocha.

34Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 08:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
If you are a twerp who enjoys the company of like-minded twerps you should get on quite well on Nuts. Its like an asylum. They all think they are normal. Honestly they do.

Another post that really doesn't encourages people to join.

Odd that while other posters are trying to encourage new members two posters are doing the exact opposite. Rolling Eyes

35Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 09:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles wrote:

Another post that really doesn't encourages people to join.

Odd that while other posters are trying to encourage new members two posters are doing the exact opposite. Rolling Eyes
Surely you don't want to send out the wrong messages and get the wrong sorts on Nuts, do you? Nuts hasn't got where it is today by encouraging the wrong sorts, has it?

36Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 09:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If you’re going to have a marketing department meeting it’s probably an excellent idea to involve the customers.

37Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 10:31

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

Not a troll though eh Sluffy

38Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 10:31

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Surely you don't want to send out the wrong messages and get the wrong sorts on Nuts, do you? Nuts hasn't got where it is today by encouraging the wrong sorts, has it?

Not a troll?

39Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 11:56

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Sluffy wrote:
There's been so much trolling over the years that people have forgotten why we are here and it isn't to score points of each other all the time.

I'm sick to death of it all to be honest. (sic)

Well stop doing it then!

Look......I would have thought that UK and world politics are extremely important issues that everyone has an interest in at this time, compared with threads which feature aggressive and repeated false assertions.... or petty, condescending, tediously prolonged, unpleasant arguments with earnest members of Nuts.

There is plenty of room for threads about music, film, jokes, personal humorous anecdotes etc to entertain and interest everyone.

There is separate area for commenting on BW. which is well used.

40Guests - Page 2 Empty Re: Guests Sat Feb 20 2021, 12:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
There's been so much trolling over the years that people have forgotten why we are here and it isn't to score points of each other all the time.

I'm sick to death of it all to be honest. (sic)

Well stop doing it then!

Hahaha - coming from one of those that does it the most!!!

Even went out of his way to point out my spelling mistake!

That's not point scoring at all is it - no it isn't, couldn't possibly be!!!

:rofl:

okocha wrote:Look......I would have thought that UK and world politics are extremely important issues that everyone has an interest in at this time, compared with threads which feature aggressive and repeated false assertions.... or petty, condescending, tediously prolonged, unpleasant arguments with earnest members of Nuts.

There is plenty of room for threads about music, film, jokes, personal humorous anecdotes etc to entertain and interest everyone.

There is separate area for commenting on BW. which is well used.

Aggressive, false assertions, petty, condescending, tedious, unpleasant - all aimed at me - but that isn't point scoring either, couldn't possibly be, not coming from okocha who is most definetely not a false account (who certainly doesn't troll me - no not in the least) because he's told us he isn't every day for nine months (and counting)...

...must all be true of me then!!!

:rofl:

Look, you win, I am sick of it all.

If people want to be taken in and played by others on the internet - and clearly from some of the comments above they do, then who am I to stop them?

If people want to believe every account is real and not fake, well do so.

If they look to Wanderlust as the font of all knowledge who is never wrong, well go and believe in your false God.

I'll take a sabbatical from posting and look forward to Nuts becoming flooded with new members because of how happy and joyous a place that this has become without me trying to keep it honest.

I wonder how many more fake, new accounts will be popping up soon (or old ones returning) to make the site look more active again?

But what am I saying, there are no fake accounts on here, just me being deluded and trolling about them.

Yeah, right...

Y'all have a nice day now!

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum