Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When tax is too taxing.

+5
Norpig
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
xmiles
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 7]

21When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue 3 Mar - 11:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

All the stuff about the Arsenal arrangements came out of Parlour's divorce proceedings.

Another unfortunate divorcee with a high horse is Gary Winston Lineker. Gary had an interest in six companies whilst married to the lovely Danielle but All Jazz Ltd got liquidated around the time of the divorce with each of the two £1 shareholders sharing £921K. He also seems to have resigned from two Ingenious Film LLPs.

But all isn't lost, as Gary still has an interest in another three companies which also involve a number of high income/net worth individuals. 

On the briefest glance I couldn't help noticing David Baddiel, Kate Adie, Jeremy Paxman, Shaka Hislop, Jamie Carragher, Steven Gerrard, Emile Heskey, Jussi Jaaskelainen, Claus Jensen, Anthony Barness and BWFC's current Assistant Manager, Garry William Flitcroft all with an apparent interest in the film industry.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed 4 Mar - 8:29; edited 1 time in total

22When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed 4 Mar - 7:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:This is like being on Mastermind. Last I heard he was CEO of ICAEW. 

So Vinny used a loophole. Let me know when he's arrested.

I'm more interested in his slippers. He strikes me as the type of bounder who goes about in bare feet. This would be beyond the pale, and I'd have to throw him to the dogs if this turns out to be the case.
They don't have photo questions on Mastermind but I would guarantee that, if a photo of Michael Izza appeared on Pointless, it would be a pointless answer. How come you recognised him, Boncey?

23When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed 4 Mar - 7:29

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:This is like being on Mastermind. Last I heard he was CEO of ICAEW. 

I'm more interested in his slippers. He strikes me as the type of bounder who goes about in bare feet. This would be beyond the pale, and I'd have to throw him to the dogs if this turns out to be the case.
They don't have photo questions on Mastermind but I would guarantee that, if a photo of Michael Izza appeared on Pointless, it would be a pointless answer. How come you recognised him, Boncey?
I'd heard of him, mainly because of Daniel, but a quick picture search was all it needed.

24When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed 4 Mar - 14:24

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

I'd heard of him, mainly because of Daniel, but a quick picture search was all it needed.
Do you mean to say that he looked a bit like Daniel Izza and you tracked it down in minutes? You missed your vocation, Boncey. Spent your life working for a two cuppas one tea bag geezer when you could have been at Scotland Yard tracking down Lord Lucan.

25When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed 4 Mar - 15:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Do you mean to say that he looked a bit like Daniel Izza and you tracked it down in minutes? You missed your vocation, Boncey. Spent your life working for a two cuppas one tea bag geezer when you could have been at Scotland Yard tracking down Lord Lucan.

Nothing like that Bob, he just used Google images, that's all.

When you click on to google, towards the top right of the screen is a link entitled 'images' just click on that - you will then see a little 'camera' in the Google search box.

Click on the camera and it asks you to put in the URL of the picture you have and then click on search - it's as easy as that.

The URL is basically the 'address/identification description' of the picture.

You find it by simply clicking on the picture and clicking copy.

Like everything it is easy when you know how.

I've sort of self taught myself to do these things myself and the way I go about them is probably not the best way.

Also Nuts itself seems to be configured in a non standard way and by trial and error I've taught myself to do stuff on here that seems to be more involved and complicated than perhaps doing the same things on other sites is - but I generally get there in the end.

I'm more than happy to explain to you/anyone else how I do stuff but I think you would probably be a lot better off getting your son and/or grandchildren to give you a quick lesson on how to do google picture searches as I'm certain that I'm probably not doing it the best or simplest of ways and I wouldn't want to make things more difficult for you/anyone to do, than they actually are.

Bottom line is though to never play picture quizzes on here with Bonce - he cheats!!!

Very Happy

26When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 8:03

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Do you mean to say that he looked a bit like Daniel Izza and you tracked it down in minutes? You missed your vocation, Boncey. Spent your life working for a two cuppas one tea bag geezer when you could have been at Scotland Yard tracking down Lord Lucan.

Nothing like that Bob, he just used Google images, that's all.

When you click on to google, towards the top right of the screen is a link entitled 'images' just click on that - you will then see a little 'camera' in the Google search box.

Click on the camera and it asks you to put in the URL of the picture you have and then click on search - it's as easy as that.

The URL is basically the 'address/identification description' of the picture.

You find it by simply clicking on the picture and clicking copy.

Like everything it is easy when you know how.

I've sort of self taught myself to do these things myself and the way I go about them is probably not the best way.

Also Nuts itself seems to be configured in a non standard way and by trial and error I've taught myself to do stuff on here that seems to be more involved and complicated than perhaps doing the same things on other sites is - but I generally get there in the end.

I'm more than happy to explain to you/anyone else how I do stuff but I think you would probably be a lot better off getting your son and/or grandchildren to give you a quick lesson on how to do google picture searches as I'm certain that I'm probably not doing it the best or simplest of ways and I wouldn't want to make things more difficult for you/anyone to do, than they actually are.

Bottom line is though to never play picture quizzes on here with Bonce - he cheats!!!

Very Happy
Thanks, Sluffy. Despite my advancing years I can still usually tell when there's more to summat than meets the eye.

I got my free TV licence yesterday. It expires in May and I'm not sure I'd have bothered applying for it if it hadn't been for Gary Winston Lineker. Not satisfied with drawing £1.5m p.a. from the BBC whilst taking advantage of half a dozen tax-avoidance schemes, he also has to go round on his high horse telling the electorate how to vote.

Three of Lineker's 'film investments' were with the Ingenious group whose schemes were estimated to cost the taxpayer £1.6 billion, if they hadn't been pulled up by HMRC. Think how many doctors, nurses and teachers that could pay for.

27When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 8:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

By the way Bob, here's a quote from my penny pinching late boss.

Stupid people do make me lose my temper and most people are stupid, fortunately for me. It's made it easier for me to make a living.

Shocked

28When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 8:49

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:By the way Bob, here's a quote from my penny pinching late boss.

Stupid people do make me lose my temper and most people are stupid, fortunately for me. It's made it easier for me to make a living.

Shocked
Do you mean he didn't pretend to be summat he wasn't?
What do they call them? Charlatans isn't it?

29When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 8:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He was a philanthropist. Apparently. And was given a Papal Knighthood.

30When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:00

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:He was a philanthropist. Apparently. And was given a Papal Knighthood.
Wouldn't be Albert Gubay, would it?

31When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It would. Mentioned him on here before. Likeable chap, but ruthless.

32When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 9k=

33When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:13

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:It would. Mentioned him on here before. Likeable chap, but ruthless.
Ruthless? That was Sam Allardyce's mean description of Eddie Davies who was paying him £1.5m to manage BWFC before he walked out, to take a break from football, only to turn up at Newcastle in next to no time on £3m p.a.

Albert Gubay's house in the Isle of Man wasn't very far from Eddie's.

34When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:20

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This from IOM Today in 2018. Pretty much how he worked.

The second anniversary of the death of business tycoon and philanthropist Albert Gubay passed on Friday.
But his legacy remains marred by controversy surrounding the Mount Murray development - over which new evidence has only recently come to light.
In October 1991, the editorial department of the Manx Independent received an anonymous letter which contained some startling claims.
The letter, a copy of one sent to Barry Vannan, the then deputy head of the planning office, stated: ’Albert Gubay is making a fool out of your department and the Manx government over Mount Murray.
’The so-called developer is an employee of Albert Gubay in a subsidiary company.
’All letters to do with yourselves are typed in Anglo Int. House, Gubay’s offices, and sent for signature and then posted to yourselves.
’Gubay does not intend to actually develop the site as a leisure village; after initially erecting some of the holiday houses, the scheme will run into "difficulties" and by one means or another it will be turned into a straight-forward housing development.
’The whole thing is being set up so that the gun can be put to your department’s head eventually!
’Act now before it is too late.’

35When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 9k=
If I ever wrote a book about BWFC finances, the Mount Murray Hotel would get a mention. But I won't be writing the book.
Btw I'm aware of no connection between Eddie and Albert Gubay other than the fact that Santon isn't very far away from Balasalla.

36When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These financial rabbit holes do my head in. Is it any wonder that my heart soars when the latest Damart slipper catalogue pops through the letter box.
You know where you are with slippers. Or moccasin's at a pinch.

37When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:35

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:These financial rabbit holes do my head in. Is it any wonder that my heart soars when the latest Damart slipper catalogue pops through the letter box.
You learn something every day.

I didn't know Damart was still going. I thought its attempts to save the planet through thermal underwear had fizzled out leaving the road clear for Mr Vince's windmills.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat 14 Mar - 14:15; edited 1 time in total

38When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 9:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:These financial rabbit holes do my head in. Is it any wonder that my heart soars when the latest Damart slipper catalogue pops through the letter box.
You learn something every day.

I didn't know Damart was still going. I thought its attempts to save the planet through thermal underwear had fizzled out leaving the road clear for Cousin Vinny's windmills.
Still going strong. I get sacks of ads from them every month. Better than the TV ads aimed at me though.

Get a mobility scooter.
Get a stairlift.
Get a walk in bath.
Make a will.
Plan your funeral. (They need to up the free pen deal. Doesn't work for me).

OK, I'm getting on a bit. No need to rub it in.

39When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 10:12

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Back to Gary Winston Lineker, it was another Winston (surname Churchill) that asserted the right of a man 'so to arrange his affairs as not to attract taxes enforced by the Crown so far as he can legitimately do so within the law'.

So you could say that that was all that the overpaid 'stars' of the BBC and footie were doing except, when it got before the Court, the Court said that the Ingenious schemes might have been ingenious but weren't 'within the law'.

40When tax is too taxing. - Page 2 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Thu 5 Mar - 10:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Back to Gary Winston Lineker, it was another Winston (surname Churchill) that asserted the right of a man 'so to arrange his affairs as not to attract taxes enforced by the Crown so far as he can legitimately do so within the law'.

So you could say that that was all that the overpaid 'stars' of the BBC and footie were doing except, when it got before the Court, the Court said that the Ingenious schemes might have been ingenious but weren't 'within the law'.
They need to employ accountants who know their job, and don't break the law.

If there are any.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum