Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

When tax is too taxing.

+5
Norpig
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
Sluffy
xmiles
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 7]

81When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:04

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I still play football once a week with lads a good 20 years my junior and some of them are even still in their teens, am i a fantasist as well Sluffy?

Are you nearly seventy years old?

No I didn't think so.

I played football into my fifties but there comes a time when the body can't take it anymore - otherwise we'd all be playing still.

Also do you really think twentysomethings would take shit off an old git on a football pitch these days?

Even in my day I'd let anybody - young or old - know they were in a game with me.  

No free passes to anyone on the opposition from me, even if we all were from the same office/workplace.

And also how patient would you be if you were lumbered with a seventy year old on your side?  

Not very I would imagine.

Wanderlust is just bullshitting, it's what he does, haven't you worked that out yet???

82When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But Sluffy how do you know that for definite? Have you nipped down to East Anglia to spy on him? My main point is the double standards on show from you when it comes to lusty.

You feel perfectly comfortable calling him various names but object when it happens to others on here.

83When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:But Sluffy how do you know that for definite? Have you nipped down to East Anglia to spy on him? My main point is the double standards on show from you when it comes to lusty.

You feel perfectly comfortable calling him various names but object when it happens to others on here.

I've called him a nutjob and a moonman - how does that compare to what he's called me over the years or what Martin abused Bob with the other day?

There's simply no comparison - nor double standards on my part.

84When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was offered a trial at Rochdale by Bob Stokoe, so stick that in your pipes and smoke it.

Kept that quiet didn't I.

85When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:16

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Look at all these bellends claiming to be Ronaldo.

When you've scored a 25 yard volley at Deepdale with a broken ankle, then you can post about your football exploits.

86When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I was offered a trial at Rochdale by Bob Stokoe, so stick that in your pipes and smoke it.

Fantasist  Laughing

87When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Look at all these bellends claiming to be Ronaldo.

When you've scored a 25 yard volley at Deepdale with a broken ankle, then you can post about your football exploits.
 Mentalist  Laughing

88When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I once headed a penalty. Burst the net. And with the old heavy ball! Even the keeper applauded.

89When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:
I've called him a nutjob and a moonman - how does that compare to what he's called me over the years or what Martin abused Bob with the other day?

And what would that be? telling him to post non BWFC stuff elsewhere is not abuse as far as I'm concerned.

90When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:I was offered a trial at Rochdale by Bob Stokoe, so stick that in your pipes and smoke it.

Probably a good thing nothing came of it then with you being accident prone.

You would be out injured like Mavies was! Laughing

91When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Look at all these bellends claiming to be Ronaldo.

Very Happy

92When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 20:20

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:It is of academic interest but Ken Anderson's lawyers had filed notice of a charge as security for the money KA lent to the club (or BL).

The problem with the Administrators was that they didn't even recognise the loan, let alone the security for the loan. Yet Blumarble had been paid off. The money must have come from somewhere.

The Administrators Statement had the appearance of an attempt to improve the position of the Eddie Davies Trust but it made no logical sense. The result, it seems to me, was a double administration with all the consequential additional costs and delays.

I'm sure FGR were a football creditor for a disputed amount and would have thought Sharon and Emma went to FGR to try to get it agreed. In other words, a personal charm offensive was likely to get a better result than telephone calls and correspondence.

Vince Btw had another whinge about it all in the accounts that were recently filed late. Read it with a pinch of salt.

I agree that the charge was registered however I never understood how it could have been?

Obviously I bow to your expertise on these matters but on a simplistic approach my thinking was this -

Were all assets already fully secured at the time when KA 'secured' his loan (which I believe they were according to the book valuations at the time) if so what exactly did he secure it on?

If the money was to release BM's security on the hotel (which it was) then how could the money be spent to settle BM's claim, yet still be there to secure the assets that had just been released?

So I came to the same conclusion that the Administrators also did, namely the money was put in (presumably as a cash injection by the sole owner - equity?) to directly settle the BM debt and NOT intended to be used as security on assets that already had been covered to their full value.

Whether my thinking is right in law is another thing but I guess if the Administrator construed similar thinking as I did, then perhaps I was at least in the same ball park as him?

I've no idea why the Administration was done in two and if so why PBP didn't appoint the hotel Administrator rather than KA - they were after all the people first in line who it seems at the time believed their £5.5m security covered the entirety of the assets worth?

As for FGR, my understanding fwiw, is that they were a creditor but possibly not a football one (or at least not for everything they claimed).

There seemed to me to be two issues, the first the wages FGR paid for the player whilst he was on loan to us and the second for 'breach' of contract by not signing him for £1m.

I would suspect the wages (being the lesser sum) was a footballing creditor - and thus paid when the club came out of Administration and into FV's ownership - but wonder if the contract dispute was treated differently - and as such became an unsecured creditor amount?

My reason for thinking this is how can you determine the value of the contract in that it presumably had numerous clauses and 'breaks' within it?

At the time I seem to recall Iles saying something along the lines that although the headline amount was £1m, it was never actually amount to anything like that in reality?

Maybe it was this part of FGR's claim that was set to one side when FV bought the club and brought it out of Administration (so not included as a football creditor as such, which would have need settling in full before Administration could be concluded) and Sharon's charm offensive some time later on her visit to Vince agreeing to the settlement of the matter and associated payments?

I'm really just guessing but it does seem to be the most plausible scenario that anyone has come up with so far?
Sorry Sluffy, but no.

Its not easy to follow or explain in simple words but the documents filed at Companies  House between 24 September 2018 and 2 October 2018 set out the nature of Ken Anderson's security and the prior charges that were settled.

It seemed to me evident that there was something materially wrong with the Administrators statements. They simply weren't credible in relation to the settlement of the Blumarble debt or the trading position of the club, but what could Anderson's lawyers do about it?

What they could do and what the Anderson team seemed to have done was to appoint administrators themselves to the Hotel scuppering Rubins plan. Plainly the club administrators weren't happy but, so far as I can see, they had brought it on themselves.

So far as  Doidge was concerned, the exact details are not known but there was plainly an attempt by Vince and others to infer that Anderson had reneged on paying Doidge's wages when it would appear that he hadn't agreed to do this at all. He didn't have the money and therefore arranged a postponement deal in the hope that when the settlement date came round he would have. Did he know he was in the last chance saloon? Well yes, but there might have been a bit of reason to hope that summat could have been pulled off.

PBP btw have filed their latest accounts. They have done quite well and appear confident that the £5.5m loan is secure.

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Tue Mar 10 2020, 20:50; edited 1 time in total

93When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 20:32

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Are you suggesting my slippers are a joke?! Is Bob calling me a nitwit? Outrageous.

I'm going on strike.
I don't think you're a nitwit, Boncey, and I have found our exchanges entertaining.

If I have a criticism, it is that I think you would benefit a lot from widening the scope of your reading.

But I've said that before haven't I?
My reading tastes are eclectic. Sadly, they don't stretch to the financial tomes you'd like me to read. 

Why don't you join the ST and put your knowledge to good use? They're looking for people like you.
They aren't looking for people like me, Boncey. I'd be as welcome as a fart in a phone booth.

94When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 20:46

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Forget lion taming and stacking shelves at Kwiksave, Bonsey, there's nowt to beat chartered accountancy. Ask Daniel's brother.

95When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 21:46

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Probably a good thing nothing came of it then with you being accident prone.

You would be out injured like Mavies was! Laughing
Cheeky bugger. I was a sight to behold. Some might say beautiful.

96When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Tue Mar 10 2020, 23:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

And what would that be? telling him to post non BWFC stuff elsewhere is not abuse as far as I'm concerned.

No it isn't but telling him to 'fuck off' and that he posts 'absolute shite' most definitely is.

MartinBWFC wrote:Fuck off with your non BWFC football shit 10 bob, custard or any other names you go by. there's other places to post your absolute shite.

97When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed Mar 11 2020, 00:13

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorry Sluffy, but no.

Its not easy to follow or explain in simple words but the documents filed at Companies  House between 24 September 2018 and 2 October 2018 set out the nature of Ken Anderson's security and the prior charges that were settled.

It seemed to me evident that there was something materially wrong with the Administrators statements. They simply weren't credible in relation to the settlement of the Blumarble debt or the trading position of the club, but what could Anderson's lawyers do about it?

What they could do and what the Anderson team seemed to have done was to appoint administrators themselves to the Hotel scuppering Rubins plan. Plainly the club administrators weren't happy but, so far as I can see, they had brought it on themselves.

So far as  Doidge was concerned, the exact details are not known but there was plainly an attempt by Vince and others to infer that Anderson had reneged on paying Doidge's wages when it would appear that he hadn't agreed to do this at all. He didn't have the money and therefore arranged a postponement deal in the hope that when the settlement date came round he would have. Did he know he was in the last chance saloon? Well yes, but there might have been a bit of reason to hope that summat could have been pulled off.

PBP btw have filed their latest accounts. They have done quite well and appear confident that the £5.5m loan is secure.

No need to be sorry Bob, I'm happy to bow to your expertise but I still can't square a number of things in my mind.

I'm not asking for an explanation as the horse has long since bolted but one of the things I can't understand is why EDT simply didn't apply for Administration for the hotel as well and stop the two Administrators approach before it even started?

Didn't the debenture against Burnden Leisure dated November 2002 give them that right?

Even if it didn't why didn't PBP?

Instead the door was left open - presumably deliberately - for Anderson to seek the hotel Administration and appoint 'his man'.

EDT, PBP and Anderson must all have known the merry dance that was to follow - and as far as I can see, all deliberately allowed it to happen.

The other major thing I don't understand is that to be a 'secured' creditor, I was always under the impression that there had to be some 'assets' available to secure against - no?

If so what where are these assets Anderson was supposed to have secured against because there obviously doesn't seem to have been £5m available to one or both of the Administrators when they listed what they found during their Administration tenure - which suggests to me that there wasn't any - and thus the £5m could not be 'secured'?

As I say I'm happy to accept your word that I've not understood all the underlying accountancy reasons and subtleties and leave it at that.

Last edited by Sluffy on Wed Mar 11 2020, 01:06; edited 1 time in total

98When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed Mar 11 2020, 00:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

You might even have made it if you hadn't played in slippers.

I once played in a RL trial for Leigh once, that indirectly led to them signing Des Drummond who went on to play for the Great Britain team (I think he went on to even captain them but I might be wrong about that?).

99When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed Mar 11 2020, 01:24

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:You're actually jealous. Wow!

Err No!

How did you ever come to that conclusion?

mentalist
/ˈmɛnt(ə)lɪst/
noun
noun: mentalist; plural noun: mentalists

informal•British
an eccentric or mad person.

Again, interesting editing by you. The actual definition is:

mentalist1
/ˈmɛnt(ə)lɪst/
noun
noun: mentalist; plural noun: mentalists
a magician who performs feats that apparently demonstrate extraordinary mental powers, such as mind-reading.

..so thanks for that, but I'm not actually a magician. Nor do I claim to be although I could have a decent guess at what's going on in your bitter mind.

...and FYI I'm not "nearly 70" as you keep saying. I'm in my mid 60's and reasonably fit so far, so will you please just f*** off and let me enjoy every last minute I can get playing the game I love whilst I can still play it. I know it won't last but I'm bloody well determined to do it as long as I possibly can and the day that I'm the worst player on the park will be the day I pack it in - but that isn't yet. When that day comes I'll be sure to let you know so you can crack one off whilst typing how you were right all along.

100When tax is too taxing. - Page 5 Empty Re: When tax is too taxing. Wed Mar 11 2020, 07:54

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorry Sluffy, but no.

No need to be sorry Bob, I'm happy to bow to your expertise but I still can't square a number of things in my mind.

I'm not asking for an explanation as the horse has long since bolted but one of the things I can't understand is why EDT simply didn't apply for Administration for the hotel as well and stop the two Administrators approach before it even started?

Didn't the debenture against Burnden Leisure dated November 2002 give them that right?

Even if it didn't why didn't PBP?

Instead the door was left open - presumably deliberately - for Anderson to seek the hotel Administration and appoint 'his man'.

EDT, PBP and Anderson must all have known the merry dance that was to follow - and as far as I can see, all deliberately allowed it to happen.

The other major thing I don't understand is that to be a 'secured' creditor, I was always under the impression that there had to be some 'assets' available to secure against - no?

If so what where are these assets Anderson was supposed to have secured against because there obviously doesn't seem to have been £5m available to one or both of the Administrators when they listed what they found during their Administration tenure - which suggests to me that there wasn't any - and thus the £5m could not be 'secured'?

As I say I'm happy to accept your word that I've not understood all the underlying accountancy reasons and subtleties and leave it at that.
Its not really accountancy, Sluffy, its just business. Everyone trying to protect their own positions against a tidal wave of problems.

Ken Anderson had never agreed to fund BWFC's debts but when he borrowed £5m from Eddie to pay off Blumarble and keep the club afloat he'd done just that and put himself in the firing line. To protect himself (and his family) he took every bit of security there was available, allowing for the fact that there were other unsatisfied charges including PBP's on the hotel.

I expect that before the 'merry dance' there had been skirmishings involving notice being given of the intentions of different parties and a significant amount of disagreement and bad feeling. If it had been in the interests of PBP or EDT to put the hotel into administration and further frustrate KA they might have done it but I doubt that any of them wanted any of these outcomes.

But with the club having lost in excess of £4m in the 2018/19 year, it was simply impossible for the club debt to have gone down in the way implied by the Administrators statement. The Blumarble debt hadn't evaporated into thin air, it had been replaced by a debt owed to Ken Anderson with Anderson taking the same security that Blumarble had (plus a bit more from memory). All the details are on the Companies House website

As for Sharon and Emma's visit to FGR, I don't doubt that there would have been prior discussions  but I'd expect Sharon to prefer to use her undoubted skills on a person to person basis rather than over the phone. Vince seems to me to be extremely vain, so mix a bit of flattery with a bit of anti-Ken dust and sprinkle it over him and hey presto, job done.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum