Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 50]

141Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 09:29

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I have to agree with most of the pundits and so called experts in that the government have handled it well so far. However, we all know something is going to go bang soon, and though were all expecting it, we don't know how , when, or where. I personally don't believe that burying yourself under a mountain of toilet rolls will save anyone, but I do think we need to be told what will be expected of us before it all accelerates, i.e. allow us to be proactive rather than reactive.
There are some who will not be able to lock themselves away, and we really need to have an idea of what options are available to us. Being in the high risk category, like others on here, it won't be any use to us if we aren't informed of crucial information.
As much as I feel I'll get through it, its a bit sobering when your daughter tells you to make your will and funeral plans available, 'just in case'. Although we laughed, there is a very sobering validity to the request.

142Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 10:19

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BA have finally cancelled all flights to and from Italy till the 4th April.

143Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 10:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Royal Bank of Scotland defers mortgage and loan repayments for up to THREE MONTHS for customers impacted by coronavirus

The Royal Bank of Scotland has today pledged to defer mortgage and loan repayments for up to three months for customers impacted by coronavirus.

RBS said it would also waive early closure charges on fixed savings accounts and offer refunds on credit card cash advance fees so affected customers can access cash without penalty.

The bank said customers could apply for increased temporary credit card limits and request an increased cash withdrawal limit of up to 500 pounds to help them manage disruption.

This comes after Italy - which is now on lockdown - said mortgage payments would be suspended.

A spokeswoman for RBS said: 'We are monitoring the potential impact of coronavirus across all our customers to ensure we can support them appropriately through any period of disruption.'

Italy's banking lobby ABI said yesterday that most lenders would offer debt moratoriums to small firms and households grappling with the economic fallout.

The government has also drawn up plans for an economic stimulus and has led calls for the EU to loosen budget rules to tackle the crisis.

Source

144Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 11:18

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

The police beating dogs to death on the streets supposedly to control the virus, people dipping live baby mice in sauce and swallowing them. Eating bats cockroaches WTF.

146Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 13:55

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:I have to agree with most of the pundits and so called experts in that the government have handled it well so far.
Must have missed that as everyone seems to think they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to covid19 - highlighted by the "retired doctors and nurses" initiative that they launched last week. That's going well - not.

The very idea of asking folk to come out of retirement to treat covid19 patients when the actual fact that they are retired implies that most will be in the high risk category exemplifies their incompetence - although I wouldn't put it past Cummings to push a coronavirus strategy that wipes out the maximum number of retired people as possible to cut costs in State pensions and NHS resource usage.

147Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 14:06

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We're in good hands.

148Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 15:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

6th death confirmed today in the UK with the total number of cases now up to 373.

149Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 15:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

DRIVE-through screening for coronavirus starts in Bolton today.

Bolton NHS Foundation is now testing patients for COVID-19 in the comfort of their own cars in a bid to keep potentially affected patients away from hospitals and limit the risk to others.
Health chiefs stress that while the risk to the public remains low, the new measures will ensure Bolton is prepared for any potential increase in cases.
Currently three people in Bolton are recorded to have contracted the virus as of yesterday morning.

The latest figures show that 319 people in the UK are now confirmed to have Covid-19, and five people have died in British hospitals.
The drive-through service will operate on an appointment-only basis, for people who may be presenting with mild or no symptoms.
Anyone who suspects that they may have the virus should still contact 111 who will direct people to the right place to access screening.
The location is not being made public to ensure the right people are being seen and prevent people turning up on spec.

A local health centre will be used as the base for the community screening and co-ordination of the service, which will be delivered in two ways:
•Drive through screening clinic (by appointment only)
•Home visits for patients which cannot safely attend a drive through screening clinic.
People attending the clinic will be directed to a designated parking bay at the rear of the building where they will be swabbed by a member of the trust’s community teams in their car.
A spokesman for Bolton NHS Foundation Trust, which runs The Royal Bolton Hospital, said: "The Infection Prevention and Control team have been involved in planning this screening to ensure it is carried out safely and with minimal disruption to staff and the general public.
"Individuals with more serious symptoms will still be directed to the pod at the hospital to be screened and assessed.
"The most up-to-date information can be found here https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/."

The trust says people should follow simple advice to to avoid catching or spreading the virus:
•Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the tissue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
•Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
•Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
•Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell.

Source

150Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

KP, please spare us this ridiculous daily count.

And if you insist on doing it, please give us the daily deaths from other strains of flu to put things in perspective.

And people who die falling off the toilet.

Closing schools? What a load of bollocks. Are all these kids going to stay at home in their rooms? Are they fook.

151Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Falling off the toilet?

152Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Falling off the toilet?
You mean you haven’t ticked that one off your list like most calamities? Very Happy

153Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:32

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:KP, please spare us this ridiculous daily count.

And if you insist on doing it, please give us the daily deaths from other strains of flu to put things in perspective.

And people who die falling off the toilet.

Closing schools? What a load of bollocks. Are all these kids going to stay at home in their rooms? Are they fook.
I’m trying to keep our Nuts community well informed Nat as you never know what’s going to happen! Very Happy

154Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 16:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Falling off the toilet?
You mean you haven’t ticked that one off your list like most calamities? Very Happy
Even I haven't managed that. Blocked one up with some lentils when I was eight though

155Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 17:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Nottingham Forest owner has tested positive for Coronavirus.

156Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 17:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

157Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 18:43

Bet you’ve gone out a bought a shed load of toilet paper haven’t you Karl.

158Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 18:49

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Bet you’ve gone out a bought a shed load of toilet paper haven’t you Karl.
I haven’t tbh just the usual spam, corned beef in cans and a shed full of hand wash!

159Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 19:53

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:I have to agree with most of the pundits and so called experts in that the government have handled it well so far.
Must have missed that as everyone seems to think they don't know their ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to covid19 - highlighted by the "retired doctors and nurses" initiative that they launched last week. That's going well - not.

The very idea of asking folk to come out of retirement to treat covid19 patients when the actual fact that they are retired implies that most will be in the high risk category exemplifies their incompetence - although I wouldn't put it past Cummings to push a coronavirus strategy that wipes out the maximum number of retired people as possible to cut costs in State pensions and NHS resource usage.
I can't believe this Wander. With all this stuff going on, you decide to nit-pick on one tiny aspect of the bigger issue. Even if they only manage to get a couple of dozen extra staff, they'll all be useful, or are you thinking that if we don't have hundreds then don't bother, because it would suit your view that to lambaste the government would be more productive ?  Its so petty.

160Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 8 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Tue Mar 10 2020, 19:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

I can't believe this Wander. With all this stuff going on, you decide to nit-pick on one tiny aspect of the bigger issue. Even if they only manage to get a couple of dozen extra staff, they'll all be useful, or are you thinking that if we don't have hundreds then don't bother, because it would suit your view that to lambaste the government would be more productive ?  Its so petty.

Good post there Glos. :clap:

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 29 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum