Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 50]

81Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 12:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Nat's ok for toilet rolls. She has to have them specially made.
Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 RQ0vINAYWMxRI6EH5uOiHZzUfO1sYoQXaEYtXe3JRzU

82Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 13:01

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:For what it is worth I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who heads up a department at the local hospital, and asked him how things were in view of the virus, to which he said it simply wasn't an issue as they view it less dangerous than a normal flu epidemic.

I also by chance spoke to a nurse at the same hospital the same day who told me exactly the same.

Hardly scientific research on my part but if management and frontline staff at my local hospital don't seem to be at all bothered about it - and they are the ones who will be dealing with it - then I too see no reason to be worried about it either
Might like to check out this guy:

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 FlFZvGb7_bigger

Russell Dunkeld
@RussellDunkeld

and this guy:

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Ro9zkEs0_bigger

Peter Duffy
@peter__duffy

Russell lost his nursing career about 15 years ago for complaining about standards of care at Morecambe Bay Hospitals and Peter, a surgeon, lost his career for doing the same at the same hospital years later.

Russell's issue was with geriatric care with some 'nurses' regarding elderly patients as not worth nursing (or worse).

83Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 13:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

My point was more a generalised one in that this virus seems to be no worse than flu.

Of course vulnerable people catching flu, coronavirus or anything else may well be fatal to them but I was only trying to put into perspective the 'fear' of this virus actually is.

It seems to me that what the medical world is really saying to us is that until they come up with a vaccine to combat it as per a flu jab for winter sort of thing as they do now, that we do our best to 'slow' the spread of it around the population as a whole, to enable that to happen and thus give them the time to come up with the means to be able to help/save those of us who maybe/are more at risk due to our age/health.

I'm not trying to make light of things (and fwiw I actually know someone who self-isolated after returning from holiday abroad) but just trying to say this isn't quite the Armageddon that some may think it is as a whole (such as the toilet roll hoarders!) but clearly it is of a worry and concern to those of us who are particularly at risk of catching it prior to a vaccine being readily available to combat it.

Sorry if you thought I was being flippant or uncaring or something?

84Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 13:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:My point was more a generalised one in that this virus seems to be no worse than flu.

Of course vulnerable people catching flu, coronavirus or anything else may well be fatal to them but I was only trying to put into perspective the 'fear' of this virus actually is.

It seems to me that what the medical world is really saying to us is that until they come up with a vaccine to combat it as per a flu jab for winter sort of thing as they do now, that we do our best to 'slow' the spread of it around the population as a whole, to enable that to happen and thus give them the time to come up with the means to be able to help/save those of us who maybe/are more at risk due to our age/health.

I'm not trying to make light of things (and fwiw I actually know someone who self-isolated after returning from holiday abroad) but just trying to say this isn't quite the Armageddon that some may think it is as a whole but clearly it is of a worry and concern to those of us who are particularly ar risk of catching it prior to a vaccine being readily available to combat it.

Sorry if you thought I was being flippant or uncaring or something?
I never thought that Sluffy. I was just making the point that, although the NHS does a brilliant job, not everyone who works in it is a Florence Nightingale and some folk are more at risk than others.

Joan was from Farnworth but retired to live in Bare. Widowed, she spent the last few weeks of her life in the same part of the same hospital that Russell complained about, with 100% justification.

85Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 13:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:I never thought that Sluffy. I was just making the point that, although the NHS does a brilliant job, not everyone who works in it is a Florence Nightingale and some folk are more at risk than others.

Yes indeed, sadly that is true.

I've been watching Fraud Squad - The Hunt on BBC iplayer showing exactly that.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000f2d5/ad/fraud-squad-the-hunt-episode-1

86Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:04

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I'm posting this as it contains information from a hospital authority in China who has been working at the sharp end where the virus originated.

It covers aspects that our government has not so far notified us of.

We found it helpful. I hope you will too.

Last evening dining out with friends, one of their uncles, who's graduated with a master's degree and who worked in Shenzhen Hospital (Guangdong Province, China) sent him the following notes on Coronavirus for guidance:
1. If you have a runny nose and sputum, you have a common cold
2. Coronavirus pneumonia is a dry cough with no runny nose.
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
10. Can't emphasise enough - drink plenty of water!
THE SYMPTOMS
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
3. With the pneumonia comes high fever and difficulty in breathing.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

87Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hope you've all been practising the corona virus dance...

88Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:I'm posting this as it contains information from a hospital authority in China who has been working at the sharp end where the virus originated.

Last evening dining out with friends, one of their uncles, who's graduated with a master's degree and who worked in Shenzhen Hospital (Guangdong Province, China) sent him the following notes on Coronavirus for guidance:
3. This new virus is not heat-resistant and will be killed by a temperature of just 26/27 degrees. It hates the Sun.
4. If someone sneezes with it, it takes about 10 feet before it drops to the ground and is no longer airborne.
5. If it drops on a metal surface it will live for at least 12 hours - so if you come into contact with any metal surface - wash your hands as soon as you can with a bacterial soap.
6. On fabric it can survive for 6-12 hours. normal laundry detergent will kill it.
7. Drinking warm water is effective for all viruses. Try not to drink liquids with ice.
8. Wash your hands frequently as the virus can only live on your hands for 5-10 minutes, but - a lot can happen during that time - you can rub your eyes, pick your nose unwittingly and so on.
9. You should also gargle as a prevention. A simple solution of salt in warm water will suffice.
THE SYMPTOMS
1. It will first infect the throat, so you'll have a sore throat lasting 3/4 days
2. The virus then blends into a nasal fluid that enters the trachea and then the lungs, causing pneumonia. This takes about 5/6 days further.
4. The nasal congestion is not like the normal kind. You feel like you're drowning. It's imperative you then seek immediate attention.

JUST FUCK OFF.

89Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 14:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
okocha wrote:I'm posting this as it contains information from a hospital authority in China who has been working at the sharp end where the virus originated.

THE SYMPTOMS

JUST FUCK OFF.

A bit harsh that Nat to be fair. Very Happy

90Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 16:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Rub rub rub....

91Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 17:34

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Action Fraud warning after coronavirus scams cost victims over £800k

Action Fraud have released a warning after scams involving coronavirus have cost victims over £800,000.

Since February, the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau (NFIB) identified 21 reports of fraud where the COVID-19 virus was mentioned.

Ten of these reports were made by victims who had tried to buy face masks from fraudulent sellers.

One victim reported losing over £15,000 when they bought some of the protective items that were never delivered.

Multiple reports about coronavirus-related phishing emails trying to trick people into opening malicious attachments or giving out personal or financial information have also been received.

A common tactic seen involves fraudsters pretending to be from research organisations affiliated with the World Health Organisation and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

They claim they can provide a list of people infected with COVID-19 in the area if the victim clicks on a link leading to a malicious website, or makes a Bitcoin payment.

The NFIB expects these figures to rise as the virus continues to spread across the globe.

To protect yourself, do not click on the links or attachments in suspicious emails or respond to unsolicited messages that ask for your personal details.

Try to research any companies or people you purchase something from, asking a family member or friend for advice before you pay.

Where possible, use a credit card to pay for purchases as most major providers insure online purchases.

Common symptoms of COVID-19 include a cough, a high temperature, and shortness of breath.

If you believe you might have the virus, contact 111 and try to isolate yourself. Do not attend your GP or A&E.

To prevent catching the illness, wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as often as you can.

Use hand sanitiser if soap and water is unavailable and try to avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth if your hands are not clean.

Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue, your sleeve, or your elbow, when you cough or sneeze.

Source

92Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 19:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just popped into my local Lidl for a few beers and smoked salmon and there is absolutely no bog roll left.

There was around 12 4 packs of kitchen roll left although that’s a bit rough on the old arris

93Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 19:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:Just popped into my local Lidl for a few beers and smoked salmon and there is absolutely no bog roll left.

There was around 12 4 packs of kitchen roll left although that’s a bit rough on the old arris
And it'll block the toilet. Shocked

94Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:Just popped into my local Lidl for a few beers and smoked salmon and there is absolutely no bog roll left.

And it'll block the toilet. Shocked

Well one thing is that those who bought all the cheap Lidl toilet roll are in for a shock with having a blocked loo everytime they use it as having experienced this issue previously.

A good payback for when they are constantly having to put the marrigolds on to sort it out. Very Happy

95Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

45 more cases today bringing it to a total of 209 infections.

Summer can't come quick enough really which could potentially kill this virus off here.

96Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When do the bloody clocks go forward KP?

97Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:When do the bloody clocks go forward KP?

Sunday the 29th March at 1am Boncey :biggrin:

98Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 22:33

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:When do the bloody clocks go forward KP?

Sunday the 29th March at 1am Boncey :biggrin:
Cheers mate, I was getting ready to put them forward tonight. Razz

99Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 23:07

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Natasha Whittam wrote:

THE SYMPTOMS

JUST FUCK OFF.

:agree:

100Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 5 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 23:08

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you got your hand wash, mask and ration pack sorted AD?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum