Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coronavirus - will we survive?

+19
summercummings
Bollotom2014
Norpig
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
Leeds_Trotter
y2johnny
MartinBWFC
luckyPeterpiper
BoltonTillIDie
doffcocker
okocha
Cajunboy
wanderlust
karlypants
Angry Dad
finlaymcdanger
boltonbonce
23 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 50]

61Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 13:56

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Why are people stockpiling bog rolls ?

62Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 14:11

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:Why are people stockpiling bog rolls ?
Because it’s the only way snowflakes know how to clean their arse? Very Happy

63Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 14:18

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Army rule for bog paper. 
You only need 4 sheets when wiping your arse: 1 up, 1 down, 1 across, and 1 for a buff  Very Happy

64Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 14:19

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

In those days the bog paper was that smooth shiny type, not user friendly at all  Very Happy

65Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 14:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:In those days the bog paper was that smooth shiny type, not user friendly at all  Very Happy
More like grease proof paper? Very Happy

66Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 17:49

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I see Crufts is going ahead.

A lot of people from all over the world plus a load of dog shit.

67Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 21:06

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Today's update:

So we have seen our first death here now and the number of cases are now up to 116 which includes a child catching it at Alder Hey childrens hospital.

I can't see this virus going away anytime soon!

68Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 21:24

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My mum's 90, and has a hospital appointment next Friday. Might be wise for her to postpone it.

Trouble is, she thinks she's invincible.

69Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 21:26

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:My mum's 90, and has a hospital appointment next Friday. Might be wise for her to postpone it.

If it's only for something routine and can be delayed then I wouldn't let her go mate.

It's just not worth the risk.

70Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Thu Mar 05 2020, 21:41

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:My mum's 90, and has a hospital appointment next Friday. Might be wise for her to postpone it.

If it's only for something routine and can be delayed then I wouldn't let her go mate.

It's just not worth the risk.
Quite agree KP. It's a routine appointment, and the wise move is to stay at home.

71Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Fri Mar 06 2020, 13:50

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 711wro10
There are all sorts of daft stuff on Amazon relating to Coronavirus, including special kits to see if your dog or cat has contracted it.

72Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 00:17

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

164 cases now in the UK with 2 deaths.

Has anyone changed their mind on this that it was just the flu like Natasha seems to think? I'm curious.

73Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 08:35

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Has anyone changed their mind on this that it was just the flu like Natasha seems to think? I'm curious.

164 cases out of 70 million people.

People are fucking stupid. They are far more likely to get "regular" flu which can kill 20,000 people in the UK a year.

Life is short, worrying about an illness that is likely no worse than a cold is fucking bonkers.

This country wouldn't last a week if we were at war or faced a natural disaster.

74Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 09:22

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've been self-isolating for nearly a year now from the insanity virus that causes people's  brains to become so addled that they listen to Terrence Rigby and Marc Iles or buy Eco bonds from Dale Vince.

75Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 10:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
karlypants wrote:

164 cases out of 70 million people.

People are fucking stupid. They are far more likely to get "regular" flu which can kill 20,000 people in the UK a year.

How many people catch flu in the UK every year? Approx 8% of the population so the fatality rate is low. If they are likely to get "regular flu" then they are just as likely to get this - except more will die. There is a vaccine for flu but not for Covid.  Perhaps we should be nipping it in the bud if we can because if it gets to pandemic stage like swine flu which killed over half a million people the country will close down.

76Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 10:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Coming to a store near you...

77Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 11:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been there.

A couple of years ago there was only one Twirl left in my local Spar, and no way was that bitch getting it.

78Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 11:37

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've been there.

A couple of years ago there was only one Twirl left in my local Spar, and no way was that bitch getting it.
Had they been Carrs pasties, I'd have been more understanding.

79Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 11:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Dean Holdsworth resigned from Bascinet Ltd last month. Does that mean he's severed connections with Clive Richardson and Serie D side Palermo?

Whatever but my advice is don't shake hands with him.

80Coronavirus - will we survive? - Page 4 Empty Re: Coronavirus - will we survive? Sat Mar 07 2020, 12:11

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For what it is worth I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who heads up a department at the local hospital, and asked him how things were in view of the virus, to which he said it simply wasn't an issue as they view it less dangerous than a normal flu epidemic.

I also by chance spoke to a nurse at the same hospital the same day who told me exactly the same.

Hardly scientific research on my part but if management and frontline staff at my local hospital don't seem to be at all bothered about it - and they are the ones who will be dealing with it - then I too see no reason to be worried about it either

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 27 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum