Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keir Starmer - new Labour leader

+11
okocha
Norpig
sunlight
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
gloswhite
Cajunboy
Ten Bobsworth
boltonbonce
xmiles
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 11]

1Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Well Corbynism has finally been banished with Corbyn heir apparent, Long-Bailey being crushed in the first - and as it turned out - only - round of voting, with Sir Keir being crowned the new king.

Seems there was apathy amongst Labour part voters - with one third of their 750,000 membership not even bothering to vote.

At least Labour has someone sensible at the helm again following the disastrous tenures of his immediate predecessors Miliband and JC over the last ten (wasted) years but he's got an awful lot of ground to recover, let alone play whatever part he can in the ongoing world crisis.

Good luck Keir, as I think you are going to need it.

2Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sluffy wrote:Well Corbynism has finally been banished with Corbyn heir apparent, Long-Bailey being crushed in the first - and as it turned out - only - round of voting, with Sir Keir being crowned the new king.

Seems there was apathy amongst Labour part voters - with one third of their 750,000 membership not even bothering to vote.

At least Labour has someone sensible at the helm again following the disastrous tenures of his immediate predecessors Miliband and JC over the last ten (wasted) years but he's got an awful lot of ground to recover, let alone play whatever part he can in the ongoing world crisis.

Good luck Keir, as I think you are going to need it.

:agree:

3Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Looks like a man who moisturises. Very wise.

4Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:50

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Looks like a man who moisturises. Very wise.
More of a Sergeant Wilson than a Captain Mainwaring wouldn't you say, Boncey?

''Do you think that's wise, sir?"

5Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 12:56

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Looks like a man who moisturises. Very wise.
More of a Sergeant Wilson than a Captain Mainwaring wouldn't you say, Boncey?

''Do you think that's wise, sir?"

6Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 16:38

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I do hope we will see Lisa Nandy in the shadow cabinet, her opportunity to lead the party may well come again!

7Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 18:45

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think both Nandy and RLB will (correctly) be in the shadow cabinet. THey were saying the right things after the result and Starmer wants to unite the party as much as he can. Although he will have to get rid of the toxic Karie Murphy as soon as he can.

More good news: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiuga_dqM_oAhXSgVwKHQ2uBVQQ0PADMAJ6BAgIEA0&url=https%3A%2F%2Flabourlist.org%2F2020%2F04%2Fcorbynsceptics-sweep-the-board-in-labours-ruling-body-by-elections%2F&usg=AOvVaw2UGbJa18l_3P_V2CP4rpFa

8Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sat Apr 04 2020, 22:25

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I thought he was a bit of a wimp during Brexit, and his campaign was nothing to shout about, evading all possible clashes with anyone and everyone, whilst promising nothing.
However, now that he is out from under Corbyn's influence, who knows ? I was impressed with his acceptance speech, even though it was mainly about Covid 19, but I think if he is given a fair chance to settle in, he should get better as time goes by. I wish him luck, especially as Boris seems to have taken all his common sense policies away and put them under a Tory flag.

9Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sun Apr 05 2020, 15:27

I voted for him, in the end i couldn't choose between him and Nandy so went with the one i thought was more likely to unify the party.

Good to see all the candidates stood on left wing policies. To me the party has been changed for the better in that regard, but if we can't win an election it will all be for nothing.

10Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sun Apr 05 2020, 16:12

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rebecca Long-Bailey proved herself the true Corbyn continuity candidate by catastrophically losing this election, according to Maomentum, but she gave herself 10 out of 10 for her campaign.

11Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Sun Apr 05 2020, 17:29

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Nandy named as new Shadow Foreign Secretary.

Labour leadership hopeful Lisa Nandy has been appointed shadow foreign secretary in Keir Starmer's new shadow cabinet.

Other appointments include Anneliese Dodds as shadow chancellor and Nick Thomas-Symonds as shadow home secretary.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-52175841

12Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 15:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

13Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 18:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hopefully, the kids can go back to school now that the teaching unions have had their wings clipped.

14Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 21:49

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

15Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 21:54

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Hopefully, the kids can go back to school now that the teaching unions have had their wings clipped.

What does this have to do with Keir Starmer?

16Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 22:11

Struggling a bit with this, not Starmer sacking her - I understand he wants to set a precedent. But why was what Peake said anti-Semitic?

17Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 22:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:Struggling a bit with this, not Starmer sacking her - I understand he wants to set a precedent. But why was what Peake said anti-Semitic?
You can't have a pop at Israel without being called anti-semitic. Calling Netanyahu corrupt got me in hot water.
No wonder he loves Trump.
Resigned from the Party today.

18Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 22:27

Aye that’s my worry too, Netanyahu’s government are amongst the most oppressive in the world - yet any criticism is anti-Semitic? 

Not saying what Peake claimed was accurate by the way, but surely she’s at worst misinformed?

19Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 22:45

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

xmiles wrote:

What does this have to do with Keir Starmer?
She was the Shadow Education Secretary, 
She is sponsored by the unions. 
The biggest problem with the kids going back to school was the militant attitude of the school unions, who manipulated the parents concerns.
The whole education argument became politicized and detracted from the concerns of the virus. engendering more fear.
With the toning down of the arguments now that she's gone, kids and parents will not be scared or concerned when they go back to school, (probably in September).
I think I've got the gist of it, but fill in the gaps if I haven't  Very Happy

20Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Empty Re: Keir Starmer - new Labour leader Thu Jun 25 2020, 23:03

The moment a union doesn’t toe the governments line it’s deemed ‘militant’. It’s a cheap Tory trick in my view.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 11]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum