Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 13 of 50]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bloody boiler is on the blink today. I've had to have a gypsy wash as we have no hot water!

Good job we still have the heating working! Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It made me think of this from Bottom...

https://twitter.com/bottomstuff/status/1056125067934007296

Very Happy

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

On Sunday 25 October, Hacker Des Places finished second in the 1.07 at Wincanton, a Class 4 Juvenile Hurdle over 1m7½f. Hacker Des Places was keen going to post and was awkward at the start under Bryan Carver, who claimed 5lbs. They jumped off keenly in front and travelled strongly down to the first flight, which he steadied into considerably, before cat-leaping the obstacle. Hacker Des Places sat just half a length in front to the next flight, which he jumped out to the left, then helped to set a good gallop when passing the post with a circuit a to run. He jumped well down the back straight, but was under pressure when he turned into the home straight with a narrow lead. Stablemate Viroflay went on coming to the second-last flight, and soon went clear. Bryan popped the last flight as his winning chance had gone, and brought 4/9 favourite Hacker Des Places home 14 lengths behind the winner, Viroflay, with a further 17 lengths back to the third-placed Iron Heart. 

After the race Bryan Carver said Hacker Des Places was agitated and strong in the preliminaries, before running very keenly in the early stages. Bryan said his early jumping errors were down to him overexerting himself, and he feels he will be less fresh next time. Bryan said he became much more efficient over the English hurdles by the third flight, and he is confident he will run much better next time. Paul Nicholls said Hacker Des Places was too buzzed up to do himself justice, and he hopes he will run much better next time out. Paul said this started in the stables before the race, before Hacker Des Places even had a jockey on his back, hence he did not perform to his previous standard. Paul hopes to run him again in a few weeks, and may drop him into the pack during the race to encourage him to settle. 

Our View: We think this run is probably best forgotten, as Hacker Des Places didn't settle at any stage of the day, let alone the race. He had probably run his race in the stable before it had even started, as he needed two handlers in the parade ring and was strong to the start, before jumping off awkwardly. As Bryan looked after him so well, we hope Hacker Des Places will relax and enjoy the race day experience more next time, which should encourage a return to the level of form he showed in France.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I 've since seen the race, he looked very skittish to put it mildly.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It made me think of this from Bottom...

https://twitter.com/bottomstuff/status/1056125067934007296

Very Happy
Ha ha - must watch some bottom, on my own.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I see season ticket holders no longer have to use a match code to access live home games. Hope that gets rid of the issue we had on Tuesday.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully them at Will also stop them being shared

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Hopefully them at Will also stop them being shared
Codes could only be used on one screen anyway. If you shared it, your stream would go off.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No, it’s when for example, a family had 3 season tickets, they would get 3 codes.  Use one of them and then share the rest with other fans.  So all the Bolton Facebook groups were just full of posts saying any spare codes, mines not come through.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:No, it’s when for example, a family had 3 season tickets, they would get 3 codes.  Use one of them and then share the rest with other fans.  So all the Bolton Facebook groups were just full of posts saying any spare codes, mines not come through.
I get three codes, one for me, and two for the two kids I bought tickets for. I pass their codes on to them. Does this mean if one of the kids is staying at his grandad's, he can't see the stream?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure TBH havent looked into it. That's why I asked the question really, not sure what difference it will make not having to put the codes in. How will they log in without a code?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Not sure TBH havent looked into it.  That's why I asked the question really, not sure what difference it will make not having to put the codes in.  How will they log in without a code?
Might go on your iPlayer account sign in, and ip address.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Bobby Ball 76, after Covid diagnosis.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:RIP Bobby Ball 76, after Covid diagnosis.
Rest in peace.  Loved cannon and Ball as a kid.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
BoltonTillIDie wrote:Not sure TBH havent looked into it.  That's why I asked the question really, not sure what difference it will make not having to put the codes in.  How will they log in without a code?
Might go on your iPlayer account sign in, and ip address.
If you have multiple season tickets bought under 1 email make sure you send the club all the other emails that connect to the tickets and client ref number, so they can connect you to the new system for home games by noon today 🙂⚽⚽⚽

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just realised i've been charged for the Bradford game even though i'm a ST holder and added the code supplied by the club. Ifollow are robbing bastards  Mad

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

My wife and I were on the front row for a performance of Cannon and Ball years ago. Mistake! First, she got asked if she was trying to get into her dress or out of it....bright spotlight on us! 
Then Ball challenged me to a fight, twanging his braces. Spotlight on us again! Embarrassing!

At least we didn't get called up onto the stage in Melbourne, as happened when we went to see Dame Edna ...or more precisely Sir Les Patterson, spewing spittle and booze over everybody. Funny if you're not on the receiving end of it in front of a packed arena of braying Aussies!

Worse still was the cricket in which we got thrashed in the Boxing Day Test with Warne taking his record-breaking wicket. My mate once got struck by him in a bar when Warne tried to chat up my mate's girlfriend. Lovely guy!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:My wife and I were on the front row for a performance of Cannon and Ball years ago. Mistake! First, she got asked if she was trying to get into her dress or out of it....bright spotlight on us! 
Then Ball challenged me to a fight, twanging his braces. Spotlight on us again! Embarrassing!

At least we didn't get called up onto the stage in Melbourne, as happened when we went to see Dame Edna ...or more precisely Sir Les Patterson, spewing spittle and booze over everybody. Funny if you're not on the receiving end of it in front of a packed arena of braying Aussies!

Worse still was the cricket in which we got thrashed in the Boxing Day Test with Warne taking his record-breaking wicket. My mate once got struck by him in a bar when Warne tried to chat up my mate's girlfriend. Lovely guy!
Must have been hilarious. For everyone else. Very Happy
I once met the then England cricketer, Derek Pringle, in a cafe in London, and, although very affable, spent the entire 30 minutes I was with him talking about the band Half Man Half Biscuit.
Not a sausage on cricket. Lovely chap though.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Must have been hilarious. For everyone else. Very Happy
I once met the then England cricketer, Derek Pringle, in a cafe in London, and, although very affable, spent the entire 30 minutes I was with him talking about the band Half Man Half Biscuit.
Not a sausage on cricket. Lovely chap though.
Which brings us back to Chester Barnes
https://halfmanhalfbiscuit.uk/a-to-z-chester-barnes/
Been keeping a look out for old Chester. Pleased to say he seems to be doing OK

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 13 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 31 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum