Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 15 of 50]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Monday 02 November 2020

On Saturday 31 October, Calva D’Auge finished last of six in the 3.27 at Ayr, the Scottish Champion Hurdle Trial Handicap Hurdle over 2m. Calva D’Auge jumped off in a share of the lead under Lorcan Williams (who claimed 3lbs) and travelled well. Compared to last season, he jumped with much more fluency and enjoyed racing near the lead. Calva D’Auge came under pressure entering the home bend, and lost ground around the bend, despite racing on the inside of the course. Calva D’Auge weakened in the home straight to finish last of the six runners. 

After the race, Lorcan said Calva D’Auge didn’t appreciate the heavy ground, which was drying out, becoming very tacky and testing. Lorcan said he jumped and travelled well initially, but he faded quite quickly turning in. Paul Nicholls wonders whether long journeys take too much out of Calva' D'Auge, as he has sent him to Scotland on two occasions with a good chance on paper (Kelso on 29 February was the last time), and he has run below par. Paul thinks we should target races closer to home with him, as he is a very enthusiastic horse who tries very hard, and perhaps staying away from home doesn't suit him. 

Our View: This run was too bad to be true, and we agree with Paul that staying away overnight, following a long journey, does not seem to bring out the best in Calva D’Auge. He is a very genuine horse who has never jumped as well through a race as this before, which was good to see. We hope he can be freshened up and Paul can find another handicap hurdle for him nearer to home in the near future.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't back this one, preferring to hold fire. But another I'm sure will run well given the conditions.
Backed a few losers Saturday, then tuned into the game to cheer myself up.
Didn't really work.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got a bit of a quandary. Our old Springer Spaniel passed away in 2010, and I swore I'd never have another dog.
However, a friend ,who volunteers at a local shelter has asked if we'd like to adopt one, a two year old Lab.
I'm not sure that, given these troubled times, it's a wise thing to do. Tempting though.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes, it must be very tempting, dogs are a real joy, but it's a big responsibilty.( stating the obvious).

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP John Sessions. Bloody hell.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Where's KP got to?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Best picture of the elusive Yeti to date. I'm a believer.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just ordered some powdered egg on amazon. I'm getting a wartime vibe.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just opened a packet of cream crackers, and every one is broken! Last time I'm buying Aldi crackers.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nice avi......

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:Nice avi......
Quality. I've got some toastie  on the go right now. I'll smother it in butter. A meal in itself.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:
Quality. I've got some toastie  on the go right now. I'll smother it in butter. A meal in itself.
Is it not a clue

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Is it not a clue
You doin' a crossword?

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:
You doin' a crossword?
Trying to stop myself having a cross word maybe....

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Trying to stop myself having a cross word maybe....
Don't have a cross word with Bob, he's calmed down a bit since last week. If you stir him up again it'll take me weeks to placate him.

y2johnny

y2johnny
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

boltonbonce wrote:
Don't have a cross word with Bob, he's calmed down a bit since last week. If you stir him up again it'll take me weeks to placate him.
Not wasting my time, few blockages have helped

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Not wasting my time, few blockages have helped
Good man. I intend to turn him into a vegan. Dale is on the right track there, and Bob needs to come to his senses, or, he'll have a few more blockages. Arterial.
Come on Bob, break out the sandals and the hemp shirts. It's time to ditch the mean, and come up green.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 15 Carrot_1f955

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Good man. I intend to turn him into a vegan. Dale is on the right track there, and Bob needs to come to his senses, or, he'll have a few more blockages. Arterial.
Come on Bob, break out the sandals and the hemp shirts. It's time to ditch the mean, and come up green.
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 15 Carrot_1f955
Bob's as cool as a cucumber, Boncey, but isn't for turning vegan just yet. Enjoys his sausages, lamb chops and ribeye too much for all that palaver. 

Nice to have a bit of balance though. As your promised tomato soup didn't arrive, Bob's  been making some leek and potato and carrot and lentil soup this week. Very nice they were too.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sounds good. I'm a big lover of pea soup, but the buggers have started lacing it with mint. I like it old school.
Only one tin left in the cupboard, so I'll have it tomorrow. I should have kept what was left of my Aldi crackers to sprinkle on top.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Sounds good. I'm a big lover of pea soup, but the buggers have started lacing it with mint. I like it old school.
Only one tin left in the cupboard, so I'll have it tomorrow. I should have kept what was left of my Aldi crackers to sprinkle on top.
Tin? Tin? Never heard such a thing.

Boncey a tin man? I don't believe it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 15 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 32 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum