Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 27 of 50]

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Here's some financial news for you, Bob.
The finance boss at Shoe Zone, Peter Foot, is to be replaced by new man, Terry Boot.
You couldn't make it up. Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Overdid the tipple last night. Bit delicate today.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Been on the vegan beer Boncey? Very Happy

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Here's some financial news for you, Bob.
The finance boss at Shoe Zone, Peter Foot, is to be replaced by new man, Terry Boot.
You couldn't make it up. Very Happy
If Pete put his foot in it and Tezza gets the boot, what odds on one of the Slipper clan stepping in?

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:Overdid the tipple last night. Bit delicate today.

If you can't get a bit tipsy after a performance like that from BWFC, when can you?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Overdid the tipple last night. Bit delicate today.
Did you really have a whole bottle of Port last night?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Did you really have a whole bottle of Port last night?
Yes. And two glasses from another one. Brought back memories of my youth, when gangs of us would cause mayhem in the streets, strutting our stuff in our best dressing gowns, and knocking our pipes out on little old ladies.
Our regular dust ups with the Manchester Astronomical Society are legendary.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's a good job it wasn't anything stronger or else you would probably still be in bed now. Very Happy

A bit too sweet to have the whole bottle in one go for me!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

RIP Murray Walker.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:RIP Murray Walker.
Ooh, really? That’s sad

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anything interesting happening in the world of cycling?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles.

'Now sluffy and his sock puppet Bob can carry on destroying the site in peace'. 

:rofl:

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Anything interesting happening in the world of cycling?

Lots really if you like that sort of thing!

I try not to bore the pants off you and keep it as short as I can.

The big news is that the doctor (who incidently was Allardyce's team doctor during his Wanderers stint) and was the team doctor to both British cycling (and all those Olympic golds) and Team Sky (all those TdF wins) has been found guilty of sourcing illegal performance enhancing drugs for as yet an unknown rider or riders!

The bloke is an absolute nutcase and his credabilty has long since been in tatters but the cycling world is waiting to see what (if anything) he says next as he promised to tell the full story after he's been 'sentenced'!

Should be fun if he does!

Cyclist-wise, there's been a few big name transfers - Froome going to the 'Israel Team', Herschi who had a massive break through year jumped ship mid contract to another team who reportedly upped his wages ten-fold! and poor Tom Dumoulin who was literally on the cusp of taking over from Froome about three seasons ago as being the best cyclist in the world, seems to have had some sort of breakdown and has retired from cycling.

Strangely this seems to happen more than you would think, Marcel Kittel was on the cusp of taking over from Cavendish as the best sprinter in the world about four seasons ago and he suddently retired too.  The two big French hopes over the last half dozen years, Bardet and Pinot have both hinted that the presure of the nations hopes on their shoulders have been too much for them.

I can name others from years gone by too.

I often wondered if there was more to it than what is said 'officially'?

Anyway - race-wise - some of the one day races have been run and some have fallen to Covid.  The best one day cyclists at the moment are the new brooms, Van der Poel, and Van Aert and the older Alaphilippe, who seem to be winning most things between them, and as for the 'shorter' stage races, Roglic and Pogacar again seem to be taking everything for themselves.

Still early days yet, the Giro is the first 'big' race as far as we are concerned and that is at the end of May.  Last year due to Covid is was ran in October but it is now back to it's usual place in the cycling calendar.

Interestingly Sky has put Bernal to race this rather than the TdF, I guess they think he can't match Roglic and Pogacar - instead they have names Geraint Thomas to lead - which is the opposite of what they did last year.

Young Geoghegan Hart who won the Giro last year is not defending and instead is named 'second' leader to Thomas for this years TdF.

I think I'll stop there before I send you to sleep but if you do ever find yourself getting interested in cycling it is a sport that does seem to give you good value in that there's always something or other happening both on and off the cycle to keep you amused!

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Naughty Bonce  Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 27 1f6b3 

Smile

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone.  :drink:

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I'm Welsh. (although I have heard that the Welsh were originally Irish people who couldn't swim)  Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 27 1f60b

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Happy St Patrick's Day everyone.  :drink:
Great day at Cheltenham for the Irish.

I see the lovely Rachel had two winners and three falls.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Great day at Cheltenham for the Irish.

I see the lovely Rachel had two winners and three falls.
And I made a profit. Happy days.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I didn't  Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 27 1f623

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 27 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 38 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum