Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII

+15
Banks of the Croal
y2johnny
Cajunboy
Sluffy
okocha
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
gloswhite
Norpig
finlaymcdanger
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 40 of 50]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm sure if his son's team had taken the knee before the game then the racists would have stopped being racists and non of this would have happened...

Joking aside (and I know it is a bad joke but I wanted to make a point about how futile and ridiculous the taking the knee gesture really is about changing minds), the concern here is this took place from Manchester Grammar School boys/staff/parents or certainly someone connected to the school it would seem.

You would think (well I would) that there would be a bit of brains in that lot somewhere and not ignorance and intolerance as there clearly was.

I've been watching a documentary about 'A Killing in Tiger Bay' (which I highly recommend) about racism.

Part of the true story is that five black men were deliberately taken from Cardiff (where the murder occurred) to Swansea for trial - clearly it seems because at the time hardly any black people lived there at then and it seemed certain that they'd be found guilty on the colour of their skin as much as anything else.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m000zhg7/a-killing-in-tiger-bay-series-1-1-the-murder

Maybe the good people of Manchester Grammar are predominantly white and elite and judge others on their class and skin colour?

I don't know, I would have thought these days there would not be such barriers to attend any school let alone Manchester Grammar?

For any change to happen it requires a change in behaviour and it takes far more to achieve that than some footballers kneeling before a match, it takes years of education and integration and recognition that racism isn't just one way - whites to blacks.

Children are not born racist, they learn to become one from those around them.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I never really got to grips with stilts. Being prone to mishaps, even as a child, they were never really a good idea. Still have a hankering to make some though. Ah, the simpler pleasures of a simpler time.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guess it makes a change from putting a bag over her head

Shocked

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocked

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:This is what I hear when Bob and Sluffy explain our financial doings. Very Happy
You stick to the Grauniad, Boncey. You don't want to get confused, do you?

Here's a nice little piece I came across t'other day. Its mostly garbage, of course, but it is Guardian garbage.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/11/dean-holdsworth-bolton-wanderers-championship

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Speaking of garbage, I had, and don't press me on this, reason to google 'fish wearing a monocle', and was surprised to find more examples than I expected.
Some were also sporting a top hat, which surprised me, given the aquatic nature of their natural environment, but I'm no expert on the sartorial merits of our scaly brethren.
Hipster fish are big in The Grauniad.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only have one eye so now that i need reading glasses then maybe i should get a monocle, i won't look stupid at all will i?  Very Happy

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmPNVxYcLjmeLVtrk-_B5j099217UvTFvcVw&usqp=CAU

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I only have one eye so now that i need reading glasses then maybe i should get a monocle, i won't look stupid at all will i?  Very Happy

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmPNVxYcLjmeLVtrk-_B5j099217UvTFvcVw&usqp=CAU
Not if you're sat on the right knee. Very Happy

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Speaking of garbage, I had, and don't press me on this, reason to google 'fish wearing a monocle', and was surprised to find more examples than I expected.
Some were also sporting a top hat, which surprised me, given the aquatic nature of their natural environment, but I'm no expert on the sartorial merits of our scaly brethren.
Hipster fish and codswallop, Boncey? How sofishticated, but is it better value than the Angling Times?

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 40 St,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.u1

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig's avatar has taken a very odd turn. I blame myself. And Bob.

And the Angling Times is very poor value. The 'Readers Wives' section is laughable.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Norpig's avatar has taken a very odd turn. I blame myself. And Bob.

And the Angling Times is very poor value. The 'Readers Wives' section is laughable.
I'll bring this topic up at the Bobsworth's next spending review, Boncey. Neither Lady Bobsworth nor I take the Angling Times but Lady B does like a good laugh.

Meanwhile can you tell me which bits of Sluffy's 'jargon' or my own would benefit from further explanation.

I'm assuming that, as an ST member and  Guardian reader, you are fully conversant with codswallop, hogwash, claptrap and magic money trees.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I'll bring this topic up at the Bobsworth's next spending review, Boncey. Neither Lady Bobsworth nor I take the Angling Times but Lady B does like a good laugh.

Meanwhile can you tell me which bits of Sluffy's 'jargon' or my own would benefit from further explanation.

I'm assuming that, as an ST member and  Guardian reader, you are fully conversant with codswallop, hogwash, claptrap and magic money trees.
Well, I got home tonight to find the freezer was kaput, and all the food had to be chucked out. Ordered a new one from Curry's, but it won't arrive until Wednesday.
It was paid for with the help of a magic money tree, a species of tree, I might add, that looks remarkably like my wallet.
This tree seems to have a mind of its own, in that I seem to have no control over its actions. Very odd.
As for jargon, I suggest you speak in Oddle Poddle. Waddle oo tik oo dop?
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 40 ForthrightExhaustedGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Well, I got home tonight to find the freezer was kaput, and all the food had to be chucked out. Ordered a new one from Curry's, but it won't arrive until Wednesday.
It was paid for with the help of a magic money tree, a species of tree, I might add, that looks remarkably like my wallet.
This tree seems to have a mind of its own, in that I seem to have no control over its actions. Very odd.
As for jargon, I suggest you speak in Oddle Poddle. Waddle oo tik oo dop?
Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 40 ForthrightExhaustedGreendarnerdragonfly-size_restricted
C'est la vie, Boncey. Never mind, eh! Think about the poor Guardian reporter. He was so dim-witted and confused, he tried to order a curry from Freezers. Flob a lob!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
C'est la vie, Boncey. Never mind, eh! Think about the poor Guardian reporter. He was so dim-witted and confused, he tried to order a curry from Freezers. Flob a lob!
Sadly, The Grauniad isn't what it was. I'm still waiting for a new Neville Cardus. Might be a long wait.

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Speaking of garbage, I had, and don't press me on this, reason to google 'fish wearing a monocle', and was surprised to find more examples than I expected.

Thanks for that, Boncey - I've only gone and Googled it myself. I had no idea fishes were big on monocles! ..dunno..

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Sadly, The Grauniad isn't what it was. I'm still waiting for a new Neville Cardus. Might be a long wait.
You might well think that, Boncey, but I ask myself whether the Grauniad would publish this kind of wet-behind-the-ears twaddle if it had a readership that wasn't so susceptible to wet-behind-the ears twaddle.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/mar/11/dean-holdsworth-bolton-wanderers-championship

But it wasn't really just the Grauniad, was it?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The 1960 England team trying to steal our shirts.  Shocked

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 40 The-en11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jimmy Greaves on Saint and Greavsie talking about the boat race.

'Isn't it funny how the winners dip their cox in the river at the end'.

RIP Greavsie.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:The 1960 England team trying to steal our shirts.  Shocked

Bonce's own personal thread. Volume VIII - Page 40 The-en11
There is a Wanderer in that photo, Boncey. Did you not spot him?

I think this was the England team that played against Scotland whose side included Denis Law and Ian St John.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 40 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41 ... 45 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum