Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What's The Worst Job You've Ever Had?

+9
Dunkels King
doffcocker
BoltonTillIDie
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Numpty 28723
Quent
Natasha Whittam
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1What's The Worst Job You've Ever Had? Empty What's The Worst Job You've Ever Had? Mon Sep 24 2012, 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've been lucky with jobs. Modelling straight from school then into my Dad's firm without so much as an interview. But I feel like I've missed out in a way as everyone seems to have a story about a really crappy job they used to have.

What's the worst job you've ever had and how long did you stick at it?

Quent

Quent
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

I originally trained to be a Mental Health Nurse, part of my training was to visit people in old peoples homes and make sure they were getting by and didn't need to be sectioned.

I turned up one day and the manager of the home asked me to have a word with 71 year old Archie who kept masturbating in the TV room when Neighbours was on. I kid you not. I walked in and there was this old guy with old man cock in his hand pleasuring himself while watching Neighbours. The strangest thing was there were about 15 old dears in the room with him and none of them bat an eyelid.

I gave it 5 years of my life but decided I was mental to be doing it.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I found this pic of the old boy after he finished wanking.
What's The Worst Job You've Ever Had? Haroldbish460

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was "warehouse manager" in a well known high street shoe shop.

absolute hell.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I was "warehouse manager" in a well known high street shoe shop.

absolute hell.

I bet you still preferred it to when you were at Sunderland and Ipswich.

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I worked as a stand-in milkman for a few months after leaving college. New people were put on rounds where the regular guys were on holiday for a couple of weeks.

Some of those regular milkmen had been on the same rounds for years and years but you only had a book on your lap to try and work out the route and orders as you went along. It was a frickin' nightmare and sometimes people weren't getting the milk for their breakfast cornflakes till about three in the afternoon.

It was like, 'Oh, Reg always comes at six-thirty' and 'Reg always leaves the milk under the third plant pot on the left just behind the gnome' and Reg always leaves a strawberry yoghurt every other Tuesday in" etc.

Worse was trying to get the money out of the whinging bastards at weekends. They would swear blind you never left any milk when you knew damn well you did and any shortfalls were deducted from your wages. Nightmare.

Knocking at front doors gave you a glimpse into people's houses and some of them were stomach-churningly disgusting. And the smell from some of them. Jeeeezus.

The battery on the milk float was always running out which meant you had to wait around for hours for a tow-truck. Also a four year old kid once jumped into the float and crashed it into a wall.

The most annoying part though is the fact that I was too young and naive to take advantage of some of the come-ons I used to be getting from housewives in dressing gowns.

When I was about 21 I took on a job with Provident. Because it had the word "manager" in the title I thought I'd landed on my feet. I hadn't. Despite the guff at interview about managing a group of people giving out loans, I quickly realised I was there for one thing only - to collect overdue money from people who had, so far, been refusing.

As Numpty says above, some of the sights would make an Eithopian family look prosperous but the day I chucked it in was when I knocked on a door in Radcliffe and was greeted by a huge bare-chested fat man running at me with a hammer. Thankfully I was pretty nimble in those days so I managed to outrun him. My car wasn't so lucky. He spent the next 10 minutes giving my beloved Golf a going over with his hammer.

To this day I'm still not sure whether he knew who I was or he greeted all his guests like that.

i used to work at claire's accessories in bolton on a saturday. my whole day was spent serving silly little 16 year old girls trying to be beyonce or britney.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

To be fair, looking at my previous jobs, I think, no I now know the one I hated the most was the one where I was made redundant from this week last year. I was basically too good for the job, bored easily and wanted to do more and more but was restricted by them - I couldn't grow and learn more. Even the temporary job at E.On, 6 years ago, was better. But the best is now where I have the best of both worlds where I have my own business, I have invested in a master-franchise and I still work for a company and enjoying every second of it, so far.

bwfc71 wrote: But the best is now where I have the best of both worlds where I have my own business, I have invested in a master-franchise and I still work for a company and enjoying every second of it, so far.

You don't have your own business, you ate all the stock remember?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Bolton Hater wrote:
bwfc71 wrote: But the best is now where I have the best of both worlds where I have my own business, I have invested in a master-franchise and I still work for a company and enjoying every second of it, so far.

You don't have your own business, you ate all the stock remember?

My own business has nothing to do with food, and never has had but my investment has and its beginning to bring in the dough, so to speak! My own business is to do with sponsorships.

It seems to be you have forgotten that!

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You should never get high on your own supply.

every business man knows that Chris.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Hipster_Nebula wrote:You should never get high on your own supply.

every business man knows that Chris.

Never did, as what BH is suggesting is that I ate all the fried chicken due to the fact that I have an investment if the master-franchise, for Holland, of Nando's - although I only visit the office maybe once or twice a week which is nowhere near the first sub-franchised restaurant (office in Amsterdam, and restaurant is near Rotterdam, although the restaurant has its own office staff with it being a sub-franchise!!!) to work on the book-keeping/Accountants and taxes - and surprisingly very little, if any, fried chicken is sold!!!

Standing next to a conveyor belt putting pepperoni on tops of pizza, lasted about 20 minutes before I had enough.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

OneOinCoyle wrote:Standing next to a conveyor belt putting pepperoni on tops of pizza, lasted about 20 minutes before I had enough.

Sounds like teh job that those unfortunates do at Subway, the bread person, the meat person, the salad person teh sauce person..... I feel sorry for them do that job it seems even more mundane than worrking at either BK or Maccy D's

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Putting sugar on mince pies with a sugar shaker (one month)
Stamping glasses with the Pint mark (one month)

Both jobs done aged 16 wile waiting to enlist in the army...which again lasted one month

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Manchester City on Championship Manager 03/04.
Sacked after 6 months for fining too many players.

Dunkels King

Dunkels King
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

doffcocker wrote:Manchester City on Championship Manager 03/04.
Sacked after 6 months for fining too many players.

Hey, Uncle Junior, why don't you go fuck yaself ? Bada Bing !

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Working at a high security psychiatric hospital for a year.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Angry Dad wrote:Working Patient at a high security psychiatric hospital for a year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum