Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nut’s worst injury

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nut’s worst injury Empty Nut’s worst injury Sun Nov 15 2020, 10:39

I’ve been pretty lucky over the years, broke my arm playing football when I was about 12 but aside from that I’ve always been match fit.

That is until 3 weeks ago when I dislocated my shoulder playing 5aside, I’d imagine it was a pretty innocuous looking challenge from me but as I pushed their player his change in direction just popped it out.

Pain wasn’t too bad initially but when I was still sat in a&e 3 hours later waiting to get it popped back in it was agony.

I’m strapped up and back running again as of today which will make me more bearable to be around. But the shoulder won’t be back to normal for a few months yet.

What’s the worst injury you’ve ever suffered?

2Nut’s worst injury Empty Re: Nut’s worst injury Sun Nov 15 2020, 10:59

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Broken arm playing football at 12, had to have metal plates on the radius and ulna for a year.

3Nut’s worst injury Empty Re: Nut’s worst injury Sun Nov 15 2020, 11:09

You one of those who can’t go through airport scanners without a strip search then?

4Nut’s worst injury Empty Re: Nut’s worst injury Sun Nov 15 2020, 11:13

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Not a medical injury, but the thread in this section, the Cummings one, everytime I have ever gone on it, I encounter a malicious attack warning. It attacks several times each time I go on there. None of the other threads do this. I dont know why this is.

5Nut’s worst injury Empty Re: Nut’s worst injury Sun Nov 15 2020, 12:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:You one of those who can’t go through airport scanners without a strip search then?

They were taken out after a year

6Nut’s worst injury Empty Re: Nut’s worst injury Sun Nov 15 2020, 12:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Did my knee in running years ago.

Just felt like a sudden sting and that was it, did hurt after the sting so I just carried on but after a while it started to ache so I limped home like a wimp.  Next morning I could hardly walk on it.

Being a northerner of a certain age I just toughed it out and got on with my life but I had to stop sport for several weeks.  

In the end I got myself a knee brace with jointed metal bars to the sides, so I could bend the knee but it prevented it from lateral movement.

Played for a couple of years with it like that until one day one of the hinges snapped and I just threw it away and carried on without it.

No idea what my knee problem was, it can't have been anything serious - and it hasn't really bothered me since although I did have an ache in it for a month or so several years after - and similarly that went away on its own and never returned since.

Another injury I received was when I went in very hard on a first tackle (always clatter your opponent at the very first opportunity and usually they keep away from you after that - so you know if they are on the ball they will be looking to pass so I'm not likely to need to tackle and more likely to stay on my feet and look to possibly intercept their pass if I could) and somehow pulled a muscle between my ribs.

Didn't seem much at the time but after the game and when the adrenaline wore of I was in agony for days afterwards every time I laughed, sneezed took a big breath or anything else really - surprising how often you uses those muscles you never knew you had!

Again I just toughed it out and let it heal by itself - like any true northerner would!

7Nut’s worst injury Empty Re: Nut’s worst injury Sun Nov 15 2020, 13:03

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Stabbed with a knife from behind by a woman.

8Nut’s worst injury Empty Re: Nut’s worst injury Mon Nov 16 2020, 08:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I went in the nets in a 5 a side match a few years ago for a rest and managed to break my little finger in 2 places saving a shot. It never set properly even though i went to A&E and and was seeing an orthopaedic consultant.

I can't bend it properly now and is a funny shape but doesn't bother me too much these days.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum