Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton v Crawley: Team news, plus Evatt on Peter Kioso's future

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have no new injury worries going into their game against Crawley but will be without the suspended Peter Kioso.

Ian Evatt says he could make “two or three” changes from the side which battled back against Carlisle United on Boxing Day to guard against an opponent he feels is difficult to read.

“Every game is tough and this league throws up different challenges,” he said.

“Even playing at home is throwing up challenges at the moment and 10 points from 11 games is simply not good enough. We have to be better.

“With no crowds in, away teams just love playing here. We have to rise to it.

“Crawley had a fantastic result Tuesday, winning 2-1 away from home at Forest Green.

“I watched the game on iFollow and they change shape quite a bit so it isn’t easy to get a handle on them.

“They played 3-5-2 Tuesday, sat in and counter-attacked Forest Green, but they have played 4-3-3, four-diamond-two, but first and foremost we have to be better on what we do, and give ourselves a chance.

“From set pieces and dead ball situations I want to see a lot more. We need to defend with our lives.

“We have been scoring a fair number of goals in recent weeks but we need to cut out the mistakes at the other end of the pitch.”

Kioso, who was dismissed for two yellow cards at Carlisle, is currently on loan from Luton Town - and could potentially return to Kenilworth Road in January if his parent club were to exercise a clause in his contract.

"I might have blocked Luton's number," joked Evatt. "Of course, I wouldn’t have signed him and I wouldn’t be picking him now if I didn't think that. Peter’s a fantastic young player. We have to remember he’s 21-years-old.

"I saw a lot of Peter when he was at Hartlepool and I understand he’s a big, big talent. Not only is he talented, he’s a very, very good character and a rare character for someone so young.

"His hunger and desire to improve and make the best of himself is a breath of fresh air and I hope that he rubs off on the others around him because he really is a credit to himself and his football club."

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum