Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Year new Norpig

+12
Sluffy
wanderlust
okocha
observer
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 11]

181New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Fri Mar 19 2021, 00:42

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

okocha wrote:Sluffy does mention one useful thing.....exercise.

Autogenic Training delivered professionally will also help your body and mental state fight stress, to target the specific problem. (It does not include massage, and definitely not deep breathing which should be avoided.)

If you do go down this route. Norpig, make sure your practitioner is fully qualified and not some amateur psychologist.

I actually mention ALL the "useful things" that mattered to ME when I've been through shit.

I think it is absolutely pathetic to even attempt to carry on your continual little 'digs' at me on a thread as clearly sensitive and deeply personal as this one.

I said in my post that we all "try to cope in our own ways" as there is no one answer to deal with such matters otherwise we'd all know what to do wouldn't we?

If you deal with stress by thinking happy thoughts and with your "relaxed breathing" and "muscle relaxation" then good for you.

For me I'd rather deal with what causes the stress than managing the symptoms of it.

I'm sure Norpig will find whatever is the right path for him.

182New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Fri Mar 19 2021, 09:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig, I had wondered where you had got to over the last few days so this will probably explain it.

It's always a good thing to let on to your boss how you are feeling/coping with extra work loads and how realistic it is to getting these completed along side your usual work stuff.

It could then give them the option to either pass some of it on to another colleagues/extend the deadlines etc if possible.

Whilst Sluffy is correct in saying that you need to address the actual issues at hand, doing other techniques do also contribute to helping with your mental health.

I went through a spate of panic attacks and anxiety a few years ago and one of the things I felt that helped me was getting back to nature and going for walks in the forest that isn't too far from me as it helps to clear your mind and I found it quite peaceful and incorporated it in my usual daily routine.

The other thing is to cut out the alcohol completely and not using that as a crutch. This is a big no and it can mess with your mind as this can increase things like anxiety.

The pandemic we are still going through is a big contributer for most at the moment (especially if you work for the NHS) as people are not getting out the same and going on holiday to de-stress so I would definitely try and get out for a walk whenever you can.

I feel that we are not that far off with the weather improving now that we are getting towards the latter end of March so that should give you more opportunities with being able to spend time in your garden with the kids.

I can also recommend having a good bubble bath and having a good soak.

183New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Fri Mar 19 2021, 10:10

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to agree about walking, KP. A good walk always finds me refreshed and glad to be alive. Even walking in the rain has a special feel of its own.
I'm even happier when I don't need a detour to A+E.

184New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Fri Mar 19 2021, 10:23

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No digs intended, Sluffy.  As a fully qualified and successful practitioner for over 20 years, I was simply trying to help Norpig remotely, and acknowledged that your idea of exercise was a good one, as are many of KP's suggestions, like finding time for walking and appreciating nature.

I was pointing out that deep breathing is not recommended. Massage was not mentioned by me and the interpretation of positive thought processes as "happy thoughts" is misguided.

What is important is being able to alleviate the problems caused by external causes of stress through relaxation techniques so that the immune system can function properly. Body and mind are inter-dependent.

If confident that approaching a boss or other member of staff will get a sympathetic response, then of course that would be beneficial.

185New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Fri Mar 19 2021, 19:03

Sorry to read this Pig, hope it picks up. I’ve been in a similar situation with work stress before, much of what I’d recommend has already been said but kicking the booze mid week, regular exercise and the headspace app for meditation helped me - both in terms of getting more sleep and tackling stress.

186New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 08:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm back at work after a week off with stress induced illness, lets see how long i last this time and how long it takes till my bosses actually come and find me for a chat  Rolling Eyes

187New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 09:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I'm back at work after a week off with stress induced illness, lets see how long i last this time and how long it takes till my bosses actually come and find me for a chat  Rolling Eyes

Thank fook for that, I've heard the NHS were having to use food bowls as bedpans in your absence.

188New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 10:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Thank fook for that, I've heard the NHS were having to use food bowls as bedpans in your absence.
That might explain the sausage and mash on A9 (Physiotherapy) last week.

189New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 12:25

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Very Happy

Managed to clear a massive backlog of bedpans that had accumulated in my absence. The hose worked a treat but think i have more turds on me now than Ten Bobs carer  pale

190New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 13:27

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I'm back at work after a week off with stress induced illness, lets see how long i last this time and how long it takes till my bosses actually come and find me for a chat  Rolling Eyes

Great to hear you feel up to going back into work.

Hope everything works out fine for you.

191New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 13:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I didn't have much of a choice Sluffy! I rang my GP's and the GP i spoke to wouldn't give me a sick note so as i've had 7 days off i can cover that with a self cert note but nothing more. The GP i spoke to suggested in the nicest possible terms to man up and get back to work!

192New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 13:44

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
Very Happy

Managed to clear a massive backlog of bedpans that had accumulated in my absence. The hose worked a treat but think i have more turds on me now than Ten Bobs carer  pale
One day I may need a carer. Some people need one from the day they're born to the day they shuffle off this mortal coil.

193New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 13:49

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:I didn't have much of a choice Sluffy! I rang my GP's and the GP i spoke to wouldn't give me a sick note so as i've had 7 days off i can cover that with a self cert note but nothing more. The GP i spoke to suggested in the nicest possible terms to man up and get back to work!

That sounds really bad.

I don't know about these things but could you not ask to see/speak to another doctor for a second opinion?

Not really much benefit to anyone you returning if you aren't ready to do so.

End of the day you've got to put your health before work.

It's easy for me to say but if you aren't feeling well you've got to put yourself in a position where you don't get any worse, even if that means going off sick again/leave of absence agree by your employer.

If you are not a union member then get yourself signed up ASAP, you need whatever help and support you can right now.

194New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 14:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
Norpig wrote:
Very Happy

One day I may need a carer. Some people need one from the day they're born to the day they shuffle off this mortal coil.

I think you both need to give it a rest for now.

There was no need for Norpig to post what he did and sometimes we need to need to let things go for the greater good.

Hope things turn out well for you soon Norpig but continuing to get stressed about Bob on here won't be helping you much.

I suggest you have a break from each other for a little while and resume your hostilities when you are both up to doing so.

195New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Thu Mar 25 2021, 14:04

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was just a joke, in bad taste maybe but just a joke.

Ten Bob i apologize

196New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Mon Mar 29 2021, 16:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some things never change, back in work since Thursday and not seen either of my bosses to discuss why i was off and what can be done to prevent it again  Rolling Eyes

197New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Mar 31 2021, 00:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Some things never change, back in work since Thursday and not seen either of my bosses to discuss why i was off and what can be done to prevent it again  Rolling Eyes

Sorry to hear that mate.

I guess you could always take the initiative and send them an email asking for a meeting with them to talk about taking some of the pressure off your shoulders?

If nothing else it gives you something in writing if you ever need it in the future.

End of the day your health must come first and there is more than a little truth in the saying 'cemeteries are full of indispensable men' - make sure you aren't one of them.

You can think happy thoughts and do your breathing exercises as much as you like but none of it will remove the presure you are under, only your managers can do that - or yourself.

You could also inform your managers that you intend to initiate a grievance procedure against them for not complying with the Health and Safety Executives, Stress at Work guidance (which would be enshired in your employers H&S polices), if nothing is urgently done by them in respect of the position they have left you in.

Link here -
https://www.hse.gov.uk/stress/mental-health.htm

This is the bit that you need to be aware of and which your employer should be doing! -
https://www.hse.gov.uk/stress/standards/index.htm

Your employer has a duty of care to you as an employee - and it appears they aren't delivering it - and they are legally required to do so.

That should get the ball rolling.

I suggest you keep copies of everything (and retain them at home) you never know when you might need them - hopefully never.

198New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Wed Mar 31 2021, 08:02

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did finally get to sit down with one of my bosses and we had a chat. Nothing really resolved other than me going on formal monitoring for my sickness now! He did say it wasn't their intention to pile all the extra work on me alone but i'm not convinced and that extra work hasn't gone away just been spread out slightly more.

I am filling in a stress risk assessment but that will be the end of it i reckon. my stress brings on my fatty liver symptoms so i need to get that under control and then things should start to ease off a bit i hope.

199New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Fri Apr 09 2021, 09:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

My tale of woe continues! Another bout of diarrhoea this week. I rang the Doctor and spoke to yet another different Doctor. He now seems to think the fatty liver is not to blame for the constant runs so i've got to have more tests to see if its something like IBD, Colitis or Crohn's Disease.

200New Year new Norpig - Page 10 Empty Re: New Year new Norpig Fri Apr 09 2021, 10:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:My tale of woe continues! Another bout of diarrhoea this week. I rang the Doctor and spoke to yet another different Doctor. He now seems to think the fatty liver is not to blame for the constant runs so i've got to have more tests to see if its something like IBD, Colitis or Crohn's Disease.
Hope it turns out to be nothing too serious mate. If you remember I had the runs the other week which stopped me from returning to footie - but I’m ok now and looking forward to my first game in months tonight.
Double Pilates today to reduce the chances of injury despite hoping to take it easy first time back - which isn’t really possible tbh.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum