Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Retained list just released!

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Retained list just released! Empty Retained list just released! Wed May 19 2021, 13:15

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers has today confirmed its retained list for the 2021/22 Sky Bet League One season.

Players Contracted For the 2021/22 Season

Matthew Alexander
Ricardo Almeida Santos
Brandon Comley
Ali Crawford
Ronan Darcy
Nathan Delfouneso
Eoin Doyle
Liam Edwards
Liam Gordon
Reiss Greenidge
Gethin Jones
Kieran Lee
Dennis Politic
Antoni Sarcevic
Adam Senior
George Thomason
MJ Williams

Shaun Miller, Arthur Gnahoua, Sonny Graham, Callum King-Harmes, Muhammadu Faal, Jak Hickman and Jamie Mascoll will officially depart the University of Bolton Stadium at the end of June while second year scholars Markus Assarsson and Nathan Whalley will also leave.

Loan players Billy Crellin, Declan John, Dapo Afolayan, Lukas Jensen, Ben Jackson and Zack Elbouzedi have returned to their respective clubs.

We would like to thank the players leaving Bolton Wanderers for their efforts throughout their time with the club and we wish them well for the future.

Talks regarding new contracts remain ongoing with Alex Baptiste, Harry Brockbank, Ryan Delaney, Matt Gilks, Lloyd Isgrove and Andrew Tutte, while discussions are also taking place with second year scholars Ryan Colvin, Jay Fitzmartin, Fin Lockett and Luke Hutchinson.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Wed May 19 2021, 13:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No real surprises other than Sonny Graham being released for me.

3Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Wed May 19 2021, 14:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

4Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Wed May 19 2021, 22:13

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Thats a nice farewell. Good luck to him for the future.

5Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Wed May 19 2021, 23:40

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

No surprises in the retained list then. Shame for Sonny Graham who I thought offered something but obviously IE didn’t agree. I think a few of the contracted players will be offered the chance to look elsewhere and hopefully that will include Delf and Comley at least?

Looking forward to who comes in now and how quickly IE can get his business done.

6Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Thu May 20 2021, 11:42

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would have kept Miller myself as we don't have any backup for Doyle currently and he always seemed to have a goal in him........otherwise I'm good with the list.
The return of the loanees have left us with no left back and no Goalies.

We have some recruitment to do obviously........looking forward to see who lands with us.

7Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Thu May 20 2021, 11:57

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

terenceanne wrote:I would have kept Miller myself as we don't have any backup for Doyle currently and he always seemed to have a goal in him........otherwise I'm good with the list.
The return of the loanees have left us with no left back and no Goalies.

We have some recruitment to do obviously........looking forward to see who lands with us.

I think we need someone a bit more physical than Miller, who obviously didn’t impress IE enough to retain him and even when Doyle was having a lean spell, he didn’t start. I think there will be plenty freebies or loans better that Miller over the summer. Obviously we want John back at LB but to be fair, if Jackson was available I’d sign him up too. We do have Gordon back who seems to have done well on loan, so maybe IE will give him another chance, or if not he’ll probably go out on loan again because I don’t expect he’ll get a better financial deal than he’s on here. We do need another keeper because I don’t suspect Alexander is quite ready to understudy yet, maybe the season after next if Gillo retires?

8Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Thu May 20 2021, 11:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I did like Miller but i can't see him being effective in league 1. He'll find a club in league 2 as will King Arthur.

We do need to be moving Comley and Crawford on as they aren't good enough. I would say the same for Greenidge and i'm not sure why we are looking at resigning Delaney?

9Retained list just released! Empty Re: Retained list just released! Thu May 20 2021, 22:50

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I suppose we all have our own preferences Norpig but the only one that matters is IE’s so we have to trust that he knows far better than the rest of us. I’m happy to trust him to get it right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum