Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers retained list

+7
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 10:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Club Statement On Player Contracts from BWFC website.

Bolton Wanderers have today announced their retained list following the end of the 2011/12 season.

Kevin Davies has signed a new one-year contract until the summer of 2013 and Sam Ricketts has signed a new two-year deal until the summer of 2014.

Discussions regarding new contracts with Jussi Jaaskelainen and Zat Knight are on-going.

Gretar Steinsson, Paul Robinson, Sean Davis, Robbie Blake, Ricardo Gardner, Ivan Klasnic, Mark Connolly, Tope Obadeyi, Rhys Bennett, Dino Fazlic and Tom Eckersley have all left the football club after their contracts expired.

Tuncay, Dedryck Boyata and Ryo Miyaichi have all returned to their respective parent clubs following the completion of their loans spells.

Nigel Reo-Coker has decided to activate a release clause in his contract.

Manager Owen Coyle said: "I was clear with Nigel. I asked him straight away whether he wanted to stay and be a part of what we are going to do next season.

"He was honest and up front with us, because that is the type of man he is, and said that he wanted to exercise the clause in his contract, and so we wish him well.

"I would also like to thank the players that are leaving the club for their work at Bolton Wanderers. We wish them all well.

"One of those is Ricardo Gardner, who has been with the football club for 14 years. He has offered incredible service to Bolton Wanderers and I'd like to personally thank him for all of his efforts, particularly during the time I have worked with him."

2Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 11:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

aaron_bwfc wrote:
Manager Owen Coyle said: "I was clear with Nigel. I asked him straight away whether he wanted to stay and be a part of what we are going to do next season.

"He was honest and up front with us, because that is the type of man he is, and said that he wanted to exercise the clause in his contract, and so we wish him well.

Yes Owen, he's a rat jumping ship. He's part of the reason we got relegated and doesn't have the balls or pride to help us get back into the PL.

I fucking hate the way Coyle is making him out to be some sort of great man - he's a fucking pussy! I would love it(said in a Kevin Keegan voice) if he couldn't find a PL club to take him.

3Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 11:07

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So Steinnson has gone ? It was about time they ditched Temitope Obadayi.

If Muamba doesn't return to play for us we only have the untried Josh Vela as our midfield general. It doesn't inspire me with confidence.

4Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 11:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:

Yes Owen, he's a rat jumping ship. He's part of the reason we got relegated and doesn't have the balls or pride to help us get back into the PL.

I fucking hate the way Coyle is making him out to be some sort of great man - he's a fucking pussy! I would love it(said in a Kevin Keegan voice) if he couldn't find a PL club to take him.

i agree with this totally...

I really liked the guy, thought he had heart, character and fight that was lacking in major parts of the squad.

he was also the player who 'gobbed off' after every match , talked about passion and commitment and said he loves the club and its fans.

then 4 fucking milliseconds after the final whistle at stoke, he handed in a transfer request. im annoyed we have to continue paying the bastard his full wage till he gets a new club as well.

hes proven himself to be just another full-of-shit, money grabbing mercenary like most of them.

I wouldnt mind if he was one, Diouf did the same thing, saying a 'huge european club' was going to sign him (and fell flat on his face) but a least diouf didnt try and hide the fact he was a mercenary.

Rio is a hypocrite...

5Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 11:22

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I also hate Owen 'wet-lettuce' Coyle's way of never saying anything against anybody.

hes the same with opposing teams, now hes bigging up players who have snotted us!

get a grip you soft prick!

6Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 11:43

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Please offer Zat Knight a deal he cannot refuse - TO TURN DOWN!!!

We don't need Knightmare's like him at our club - he is one of the reasons why we came down and has bloody big gob on him, even though he doesn't practice what he preaches!!!

7Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 11:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:I also hate Owen 'wet-lettuce' Coyle's way of never saying anything against anybody.

hes the same with opposing teams, now hes bigging up players who have snotted us!

I agree 100%! Show some balls Coyle, show us you are actually one of us for a change! Slag these wankers off and make it clear these ponces should have some pride in the white shirt.

8Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 11:48

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:I also hate Owen 'wet-lettuce' Coyle's way of never saying anything against anybody.

I agree 100%! Show some balls Coyle, show us you are actually one of us for a change! Slag these wankers off and make it clear these ponces should have some pride in the white shirt.

Where is the "like" button?

9Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 12:18

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Couldn't agree more with Rebel and Nats comments on Coyle, the guys making out NRC is some sort of nice guy by wanting to get out of the club due to us being relegated

All that crap in the week about NRC saying I love this club is a load crap, why put a clause in your contract to leave if we go down if he loves us bloody much.

I'm not surprised with Reo-cokers decision either, he has never struck me as the type to be commited to a cause.

10Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 12:28

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

On another note, taking away the players who have left and may still yet leave takes it to 13 players going from the club who were on the first teams books last season. Leaving with 22 players to pick from next season.

It's going to be interesting to see who Coyle manages to bring on an even less of a budget than last season.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

11Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 12:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

More OTT reactions and hyperbole.

thats football I'm afraid when you go down, footballers are rarely loyal.

it means a large pay cut, still an obscenely large amount of money, but a pay cut non the less. I'm sure all the complainers would be happy to continue to work for their company on half money when one down the road is offering them double it. (as if)

What concerns me more than a "non loyal" footballer is the club deeming Zat Knight worthy of a new contract, extremely alarming and massively disappointing. Sending the wrong message to the fans IMO.

there is some positive news. Sam Ricketts staying is a big plus. Great news that one.

12Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 12:57

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:More OTT reactions and hyperbole.

it means a large pay cut, still an obscenely large amount of money, but a pay cut non the less. I'm sure all the complainers would be happy to continue to work for their company on half money when one down the road is offering them double it. (as if)

What concerns me more than a "non loyal" footballer is the club deeming Zat Knight worthy of a new contract, extremely alarming and massively disappointing. Sending the wrong message to the fans IMO.

there is some positive news. Sam Ricketts staying is a big plus. Great news that one.

do you actually give a shit about anything BWFC related? when I go on about supporters who come across as apathetic, this is what I mean.

I do see your point in a way, but its the fact he spouted a load of bullshit just prior to asking to leave...

if he would have cut the bullshit I wouldn't be that arsed...

13Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:04

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:More OTT reactions and hyperbole.

do you actually give a shit about anything BWFC related? when I go on about supporters who come across as apathetic, this is what I mean.

I do see your point in a way, but its the fact he spouted a load of bullshit just prior to asking to leave...

if he would have cut the bullshit I wouldn't be that arsed...

Of course i give a shit, about the club.

NRC is just another player, who cares? He's been here for a year, he played pretty well for the most part and has decided to leave because we've dropped.

Thats his right and frankly i don't care about him. What I'm looking forward to is seeing players like Vela, Sordell possibly Blakeman, Riley getting increased minutes.

I don't see why F'ing and blinding about some no mark player means you "care about the club" more.

14Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:24

Agree with Hipster in that he was a good(ish) player for us, and him leaving gives the likes of Vela a chance.

I don't think he's a massive loss either, nowhere near as good as he seems to think he is. He'll end up either back in a relegation team, or warming the bench somewhere like Newcastle of Sunderland.

Who's really surprised he's taken this attitude either? Always struck me as a nob long before he came to bolton, my opinion improved slightly this season but I knew he'd be first to go, he's just one of those players.

Now he's off the wage bill I think there are better players out there who would want far less money. So long Nigel.

15Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:25

Oh and just to prove he's always been a nob
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:33

bwfc71 wrote:Please offer Zat Knight a deal he cannot refuse - TO TURN DOWN!!!

We don't need Knightmare's like him at our club - he is one of the reasons why we came down and has bloody big gob on him, even though he doesn't practice what he preaches!!!

If you offer him a deal he cannot refuse to turn down, doesn't that mean he would stay?

17Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I beg to differ. You treat BWFC like other people treat a tax return.

18Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:39

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I beg to differ. You treat BWFC like other people treat a tax return.

Forgive me nat but i don't take a word you say seriously tbh.

i must have missed the part where slagging everything from top to bottom about a club means you care about it.

19Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:43

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Oh jesus, I have just read NRC has left the club. I didn't realise he had a clause in his contract that meant he could walk away a free agent. What was the point of us inserting that into his contract? He was our best player IMO last season, he always gave 100%, he was the only one who seemed to care. That is such a big miss, we only have Mark Davies, Darren Pratley and who knows about Muamba now in midfield.

I can understand people being disappointed in him not sticking about to help us get back to the Premiership but if he had an option to leave and see what his options are he was bound to take it.

Good news that Davies and Ricketts will stay. Ricketts IMO is a really good versatile defender, he would have been a real miss.

20Bolton Wanderers  retained list Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:51

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Forgive me nat but i don't take a word you say seriously tbh.

i must have missed the part where slagging everything from top to bottom about a club means you care about it.

It's not about slagging everything, but you have absolutely no passion for the club. Perhaps it's being so far away and not going to matches, or perhaps you weren't born in the town - but something is definitely preventing you from letting go.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum