Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Wanderers retained list

+7
Michael Bolton
Hipster_Nebula
bwfc71
Reebok_Rebel
Reebok Trotter
Natasha Whittam
aaron_bwfc
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 13:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well you're in the same boat as me RE: matches so you'd be able to answer that one for yourself.

You're judging passion for the club on who uses the most swear words about NRC leaving... lol.

the other markers are apparently slagging off all and sundry connected with the club and calling the manager a "fanny"

sorry that isn't passion, it's being the forum clown.

22Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 14:00

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reo-Coker had the clause put in his contract. We agreed to the clause. He has decided he wants to stay in the Premier League. Good luck to him.

I don't remember anyone complaining about Reo-Coker criticising other players and galvanising the team in public during the course of the season. I remember lots of people saying things like "you tell 'em Nige" and "make him permanent captain NOW".

He's a professional footballer, he wants to play at the highest level, that doesn't mean he was insincere in the things he said when he was at BWFC.

As for some of the ridiculous comments about Coyle on this thread - the lot of you are absolutely thick as pigshit. All Coyle is doing is buffering Reo-Coker from the kind of nonsensical criticisms I have read in this thread on the off-chance he doesn't find another PL club and decides to stay.

23Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 14:09

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:

I don't remember anyone complaining about Reo-Coker criticising other players and galvanising the team in public during the course of the season. I remember lots of people saying things like "you tell 'em Nige" and "make him permanent captain NOW".

yes...but do you not agree that his comments now make him look like a total turncoat? lier even?

he looked like he really gave a shit.

now he just looks like he was pretending to give a shit...

24Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 14:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

yes...but do you not agree that his comments now make him look like a total turncoat? lier even?

No Trig. Unless he came out and said "I will stick with the club come what may" then he isn't either a turncoat or a liar.

It is possible to be committed to the club's cause during the seeason, and then at the end of the season, look at things more dispassionately and do what it best for yourself. That doesn't mean he didn't give his all during the course of the season.

25Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 14:38

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well you're in the same boat as me RE: matches so you'd be able to answer that one for yourself.

I've missed about 10 matches in the last 4 years, admittedly all quite recently. I was born in Little Lever.

Your point is?

26Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 15:03

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Sorry to interrupt Nat and Hipsters love spat, but an edit of Aaron's squad list looks like this:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Looks a bit grim!

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 15:06

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well you're in the same boat as me RE: matches so you'd be able to answer that one for yourself.

I've missed about 10 matches in the last 4 years, admittedly all quite recently. I was born in Little Lever.

Your point is?

lol course you have.

Not logging into the forum during a match doesn't constitute "going to the match" nat.

we could all pretend we sit in the directors boxes couldn't we.

Before i moved to Scotland i was a regular attender, mostly away games granted but thats what i enjoyed.

sadly now i don't have the money or the inclination to go. Thats life and i couldn't really care whether it makes me less of a fan in the eyes of some randoms on a bloody football forum.

28Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 15:17

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

NCR wants to stay in the Prem ....but somebody in the Prem has to sign him first. I don't see a line at the door. What happens if he is unemployed come August? would you take him back?
I would personally.

29Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 15:38

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

terrence - he's not been released, he is free to talk to other clubs. If nobody comes in for him, he stays.

30Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 15:40

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keegan wrote:Sorry to interrupt Nat and Hipsters love spat, but an edit of Aaron's squad list looks like this:

Looks a bit grim!

I disagree, Keegan, it looks a bit light on numbers in one or two areas but there is a nucleus of a top 6 championship side there, before we bring anyone in. IF Holden, Lee and Mears are fit that is.

31Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 17:00

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My main issue with that side, even before we add to the numbers, is the potential inclusion of Knight. I've only just noticed that Wylde is missing from that squad as well. I'm a little surprised that Tope was let go - I imagined that the Championship would have allowed him a run but if he is still not considered good enough well he's had enough time to impress. Sort of like Vaz Te in terms of the time he's been here!

32Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 17:10

Wylde should be in for next season, add a decent center half, a midfield enforcer/ captain, and a striker then a few loanees and I think we should be looking for automatic promotion. If we don't get back up first time we can say goodbye to Holden, Lee, Ream I'd assume.

33Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 20:15

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Keegan wrote:Sorry to interrupt Nat and Hipsters love spat, but an edit of Aaron's squad list looks like this:

Looks a bit grim!

You could get a good championship team starting 11 out of that lot no problem but with Jussi potentially leaving, Wheats out for 9 months and a couple of youth academy players who are pretty much un-tested it's not an ideal squad to be going in with.

We need another back up keeper IMO too, another striker, a left winger and about 2 more centre backs.

34Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 20:42

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Of course it's not an ideal squad to be going in with, but the season doesn't start for over 2 months, so what's your point Aaron?

35Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 20:45

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Just an assessment of the current situation - clearly it cannot be the plan to 'go with what we've got'!

36Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 23:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

largehat wrote:Of course it's not an ideal squad to be going in with, but the season doesn't start for over 2 months, so what's your point Aaron?

No point i'm just saying what i think we need to invest in over the summer.

37Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Fri May 18 2012, 23:43

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Fair enough, think we're pretty much all agreed we need a CB, a GK if Jussi leaving, a 4th striker, and a dirty twat kicking people in midfield.

38Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Sat May 19 2012, 00:15

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think we need to sign a centre back, a right back, 2 central midfielders and a left sided midfielder. Not sure why people say we need another striker when we have Kevin Davies, Ngog and Sordell.

I would definitely try get John Joe Shelvy on loan from Liverpool - he looks like he will be a top player. Maybe also get Tony Hibbert on loan for right back. And maybe left wing we try sign Kris Commons from Celtic, he is good at this level. And for centre back I would try sign Woodgate, he doesn't seem to play much for Stoke.

39Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Sat May 19 2012, 00:31

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MB, you can't got through a 46 game season with 3 forwards.

We don't need a right back, we have Mears, Riley and Ricketts. We may need a left back though, with Alonso's court case coming up.

I also think some of your suggested loan signings are unrealistic. I don't know anything about Commons, but I can't see Liverpool letting Shelvy out on loan, and I can't see us taking Woodgate on loan - he's a crock, we'd be mad to take a player with his fitness record on a season long loan. That's why he's on a pay-as-you-play deal at Stoke.

40Bolton Wanderers  retained list - Page 2 Empty Re: Bolton Wanderers retained list Sat May 19 2012, 17:28

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I am sad that its the end of Ricardo Gardner at the club, he has been an amazing servant to the club and in some ways it is quite fitting that he and Jussi's careers ended at the moment when the club's top flight adventure ended. This is a new start now for the club, time to rebuild, so many players leaving, I think maybe relegation was the best thing to happen for the club (apart from the financial implications), we had gone stale, the excitement had gone, we had so much deadwood at the club, we need to start again now.

As for Gardner, it was a shame he featured so little towards the end of his career at the club, but I wish him well for the future - he won't be forgotten by Bolton fans.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum