Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WandersWays seems to have broken down!

+10
boltonbonce
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
MartinBWFC
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
wanderlust
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

It's been experience problems for most of the week but now you can't even get beyond the first page!

I don't know what's happening there?

If any WW posters are viewing us, hello and welcome.

Feel free to make yourselves at home until WW is back home and running again.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:It's been experience problems for most of the week but now you can't even get beyond the first page!

I know you're desperate for members but don't encourage them. They're all cliquey tosspots especially that Hoppy 5'10" wanker.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:It's been experience problems for most of the week but now you can't even get beyond the first page!

I know you're desperate for members but don't encourage them. They're all cliquey tosspots especially that Hoppy 5'10" wanker.

Takes one to know one as they say.

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

wanderlust wrote:
Not you're favourite then?  Very Happy

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:
It was a bit of an "in joke" Glos.
Hoppy is the Brexit-voting character that Sluffy keeps claiming is me Smile
A bit like Xmiles being Princess Diana or whatever...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
gloswhite wrote:
It was a bit of an "in joke" Glos.
Hoppy is the Brexit-voting character that Sluffy keeps claiming is me Smile
A bit like Xmiles being Princess Diana or whatever...

I know it to be you - Norpig can even confirm it.

Hence my reply to your post starting the thread above.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It couldn't happen to nicer people.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:It couldn't happen to nicer people.

Very Happy

For all its faults they are still the biggest BWFC forum around and many good people view it for club news even if they don't partake in it.

We at Nuts obviously have our own faults too but at least we do try to moderate out the more extreme abuse and personal anger from posters who don't agree with others.

There's still people hanging on to the views and opinions of the esteemed Marc Iles on Twitter, so it's clear people simply have different likes and dislikes.

Some people are more easily led, believe what they read, want to be part of the 'gang', or a million other reasons, than others I suppose?

So as the saying goes De gustibus non est disputandum.

At least a few on here do try to give you a different narrative at times than the one widely peddled by haters on social media.

C'est la vie.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Says the dick that got booted for being a boring prick

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Says the dick that got booted for being a boring prick

:facepalm:
Sluffy wrote:We at Nuts obviously have our own faults too but at least we do try to moderate out the more extreme abuse and personal anger from posters who don't agree with others.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sluffy wrote:

So now the truth becomes anger and abuse in your snowflake world?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

MartinBWFC wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

So now the truth becomes anger and abuse in your snowflake world?

It may be the truth in your world Martin but the reason Bob was banned was because he had been threatened with assault by a ww poster and I called that poster out over it.

Immediately afterwards both Bob and I were banned.

Bob and I would have been banned months before then if the real reason was, as you put it, we were boring pricks - and fwiw I don't believe I had posted on WW for several weeks before that post of mine because of the abuse I was getting simply because my posts were wordy!

And even if we were/are boring pricks, why would that be a reason to ban us or anyone else as boring as us?

I've no axe to grind with WW, they can ban who they like for whatever reasons they want.

I prefer simply not to have excessive abuse, hatred and ill informed bollocks posted on here.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

works fine for me

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ahh maybe not, some bits do, some bits don't.  I dont use it anyway, just thought I'd check...

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Site seems still to be down although occasional posts seem to somehow get through from time to time?

One poster has started a thread entitled...

Spoke to Happy [who is the owner and provider of the WW forum] sitw wont be back anytime soon run its course more hassle for what it is worth to him.

https://www.wanderersways.com/forum/topic/92542-spoke-to-happy-site-wont-be-back-anytime-soon-run-its-course-more-hassle-than-its-worth-for-him/

I've yet to be able to open the thread but it doesn't sound good if what he says is correct!

Fwiw all Wanderers fans are welcome on Nuts if WW has closed down.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cant even get on that thread now so looks like its gone. I am surprised as they did seem to have a good few posters and regulars. I did dip in and out on there occasionally but i'll always love Nuts more  Very Happy

Maybe worth putting something on twitter or facebook now to encourage some of their posters to come and join us?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Cant even get on that thread now so looks like its gone. I am surprised as they did seem to have a good few posters and regulars. I did dip in and out on there occasionally but i'll always love Nuts more  Very Happy

Maybe worth putting something on twitter or facebook now to encourage some of their posters to come and join us?

I rather not do that until the future of WW is known.

We could even host it for them if they wanted with them having their own mods - all on separate part of our forum to what we use - until WW returns or someone starts up a new version instead.

I don't really think most of their posters care overly much for Nuts but I'm still happy to help them out if they would like me to - we all support the same team irrespective of all our personal views and differences.

Anybody reading this post and are in contact with any of the WW posters please let them know we are here if we can help in some way but I'm certainly not trying to grave rob their site whilst it is going through some troubles of its own.

Fwiw I hope the can and do sort it out but if all else fails we are here and willing to help them if they want.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd do a bit of research on WW to keep me amused.

I thought if we were having issues on Nuts what would we do to let people know and my guess would be to say something about it on social media.

I'm not into Facebook at all but I was aware the WW had a twitter account so I tracked it down.

https://twitter.com/WanderersWays

Now I've been told the owner of WW has an IT business and that his name is Neil - I can't say that is a fact though but you'll see where I'm going with this in a second or two.

If you look at the tweets from WW they are all more or less advertising a computer company - Comspec.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06124138/filing-history

So I had a look at the company on Companies House and found that someone called Neil was a director and owned all the full 100 shares in the company...

...that was until about three weeks ago when it looks as though he sold his shares (or at least enough to lose overall control of the company) and also resigned as a director of the business the same day - with a new bloke becoming a significant shareholder (75% or more) and becoming a director, again on that same day.

According to the company accounts up to the 28th February this year the business had just one employee and capital and reserves of £5.5k.

It looks to me that the owner of WW has sold his business and left but presumably leaving the WW site on the computer system of the company he's left behind?

If the business was just a one man band so to speak and he's sold it (or gave it away?) then I can't imagine the new owner would 'fix' whatever is wrong with the WW website for free, or indeed continue to host it without being paid.

I don't know how these things work but as far as I can make out the WW forum is obtained (bought?) from something called Invision Community (it is advertised at the bottom of the WW pages)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invision_Community

...but I think it needs to be 'hosted' on a server which I believe is the one owned (or leased) by the company he's just walked away from?

I do know 'Happy' the owner of WW used to collect donations from WW members to pay towards the running of the site and maybe he's passed that on to the new owner or intends to still run the site himself presumably with a contract with the new owner of the company he once owned?

However maybe he's paid up all he had and has now decided to walkaway from the site?

IF he had that would seem to tie up with the above comment on WW about it being 'more hassle than what it is worth'?

As I said earlier I don't know for a fact that 'Happy' and this 'Neil' are definitely one and the same person but if things are not sorted out anytime soon on the WW website then it will start to become more likely that they are?

Not looking that good for WW right now though.

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Couldn't sleep so I thought I'd do a bit of research on WW to keep me amused.

I thought if we were having issues on Nuts what would we do to let people know and my guess would be to say something about it on social media.

I'm not into Facebook at all but I was aware the WW had a twitter account so I tracked it down.

https://twitter.com/WanderersWays

Now I've been told the owner of WW has an IT business and that his name is Neil - I can't say that is a fact though but you'll see where I'm going with this in a second or two.

If you look at the tweets from WW they are all more or less advertising a computer company - Comspec.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/06124138/filing-history

So I had a look at the company on Companies House and found that someone called Neil was a director and owned all the full 100 shares in the company...

...that was until about three weeks ago when it looks as though he sold his shares (or at least enough to lose overall control of the company) and also resigned as a director of the business the same day - with a new bloke becoming a significant shareholder (75% or more) and becoming a director, again on that same day.

According to the company accounts up to the 28th February this year the business had just one employee and capital and reserves of £5.5k.

It looks to me that the owner of WW has sold his business and left but presumably leaving the WW site on the computer system of the company he's left behind?

If the business was just a one man band so to speak and he's sold it (or gave it away?) then I can't imagine the new owner would 'fix' whatever is wrong with the WW website for free, or indeed continue to host it without being paid.

I don't know how these things work but as far as I can make out the WW forum is obtained (bought?) from something called Invision Community (it is advertised at the bottom of the WW pages)...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invision_Community

...but I think it needs to be 'hosted' on a server which I believe is the one owned (or leased) by the company he's just walked away from?

I do know 'Happy' the owner of WW used to collect donations from WW members to pay towards the running of the site and maybe he's passed that on to the new owner or intends to still run the site himself presumably with a contract with the new owner of the company he once owned?

However maybe he's paid up all he had and has now decided to walkaway from the site?

IF he had that would seem to tie up with the above comment on WW about it being 'more hassle than what it is worth'?

As I said earlier I don't know for a fact that 'Happy' and this 'Neil' are definitely one and the same person but if things are not sorted out anytime soon on the WW website then it will start to become more likely that they are?

Not looking that good for WW right now though.
Follow the money, Sluffy! I seem to remember following this trail before but there's not much of it, is there? 

Comspec IT Solutions Ltd is, as you say, a one-man band previously owned by someone called Neil Thompson, now owned by a Matthew Schofield. Neither appear to have any other directorships.

I slept very well!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm not sure how potential new posters are supposed to find us.

If you Google "Bolton Forum" we don't appear on the first two pages of results. Although I've found a forum I've never heard of (Trottersforever - even less posts than on here) and the Bolton Hindu forum (I may join).

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum