Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
boltonbonce
Hipster_Nebula
Whitesince63
Hipster_nebula1
karlypants
wanderlust
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
luckyPeterpiper
Cajunboy
Hip Priest
okocha
finlaymcdanger
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 50]

1How is the Tory government doing? Empty How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jul 24 2021, 12:43

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Can everyone try their best to be nicer to each other? My work schedule has kept me off here for a couple of weeks and it's so fucking boring to log back into yet another feud. Honestly, just stop.

We've all been living through a difficult couple of years and sites like this are supposed to be a bit of an escape, not more misery. Get a fucking smile on your face.

2How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jul 24 2021, 13:58

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

3How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jul 25 2021, 01:42

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

finlaymcdanger wrote:Can everyone try their best to be nicer to each other? My work schedule has kept me off here for a couple of weeks and it's so fucking boring to log back into yet another feud. Honestly, just stop.

We've all been living through a difficult couple of years and sites like this are supposed to be a bit of an escape, not more misery. Get a fucking smile on your face.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I've said my bit now. Let the peace begin.

:soz:

4How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jul 25 2021, 14:13

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

:yeahright:

5How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Jul 25 2021, 15:56

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The fact is that Boris Johnson and his ilk are NOT Conservatives. They are the BNP and UKIP along with other bigoted ignorant hate mongers hiding under a once honourable albeit misguided banner.

6How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 26 2021, 07:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

How is the Tory government doing? 9k=

How is the Tory government doing? 9k=

7How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 26 2021, 07:29

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

finlaymcdanger wrote:Can everyone try their best to be nicer to each other? 
:clap:

8How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 26 2021, 11:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Can everyone try their best to be nicer to each other? My work schedule has kept me off here for a couple of weeks and it's so fucking boring to log back into yet another feud. Honestly, just stop.

well said Fin 

Did no one else clock what the bold letters spell out? Laughing

9How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 26 2021, 14:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Did no one else clock what the bold letters spell out? Laughing

I didn't.

It was clearly a subliminal message that only twats could see.

10How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Jul 26 2021, 14:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:Did no one else clock what the bold letters spell out? Laughing

I didn't.

It was clearly a subliminal message that only twats could see.

I missed it too - and I'm supposed to be a twat!

11How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Jul 27 2021, 16:02

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I thought I chuck this one in, below.

Remember how a few on here constantly told us (me in particular!) how shit the government was doing dealing with Covid and pointed out how brilliant other country's were dealing with it - particularly Australia and New Zealand...

Australia Covid: Arrests at anti-lockdown protests

Demonstrations have taken place in Australian cities against tight restrictions imposed to tackle a rise in Covid cases.

Thousands gathered in Sydney, with smaller protests held in Melbourne and Brisbane.

People chanted "freedom" as they marched through the centre of Sydney. Officers said they had made 57 arrests.

Australian governments have re-imposed lockdowns across the country amid a surge in new infections.

The arrival of the highly contagious Delta variant has challenged the country's previous strategy of border closures, quarantine programmes and snap lockdowns which helped keep cases low.

Vaccination rates remain the lowest among developed nations, with fewer than 14% of people jabbed.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-57952516

Malcolm Turnbull: Australia ex-PM says vaccine rollout 'a colossal failure'

Former Australian PM Malcolm Turnbull tells the BBC that his nation's vaccine rollout is "the biggest failure of public administration I can recall".

As I've said many times, no government anywhere were prepared for Covid and all have made mistakes.

No government have got it wrong on purpose - even if some on here believe the Tory's have done so at each and every turn!

It's been a long journey for everyone and fwiw right now, we seem to be better placed than most other countries.

Not bad considering how criminally inept Boris, Hancock, Cummings and all their crony mates have been...

...or maybe, God forbid, some have continually judged them simply on their political prejudice, reinforced by social media claims about corruption and sleaze (not a single one yet to have been proved!) and not on what has actually been achieved from where we started when the pandemic hit!

Just a thought.

12How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jul 28 2021, 19:26

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I somehow missed this article when it was first written on the 16th of July, but it is another absolutely brilliant article by Marina Hyde. Hilarious but also, very sadly, true. 

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jul/16/england-arse-flare-security-wembley-levelling-up

13How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 23 2021, 21:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bank of England are reviewing their calculations re the forthcoming inflation figures in the light of fuel, food shortages, rocketing prices, austerity initiatives etc - so I guess the government are not doing very well.

14How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Oct 04 2021, 11:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Opinion:

I've said previously that the Tories are trying to reshape the economy in such a way as to make Britain a two (or three if you separate out the very rich) tier country, but whilst I still believe that wealth differences will be further accentuated under their tenure, I'm starting to think there will be a twist in the tail.
If the objective is to remove dependence on foreign labour and "tough it out" until Brits can be upskilled/retrained to fill the gaps over the next few years - incentivised by higher wages for those that do - the impact of high inflation will change the landscape - as will the increased likelihood of civil unrest.
I understand the attraction of trying to make Britain a high earning and expensive economy (like the Scandinavian countries for example) but will that work for Britain? I'm not confident it will.
Sure it will have a negative impact on our tourist industry - and that's almost 10% of GDP in normal times - and exports will suffer as our cost of production increases and (theoretically) the £ strengthens v other currencies, but we are very different from countries that have gone down that route.
We have a much bigger population than Scandinavian countries and less natural resources per capita. We have a relatively low cost tax structure. We are not used to putting the cost of social care on families (as in Japan) or paying for health insurance. We have a political and social history which embodies our past and at times leads to civil unrest.
The Tories are effectively proposing a huge change in society and I think my concerns are not so much the destination as the journey getting there from where we are now as the countries they seek to emulate evolved to where they are over centuries - whereas the proposal is to make that shift in a matter of years.

Some groups in society are going to face real hardship in trying to adjust -  economically and socially - so I suspect there will be further polarisation with a tendency towards civil unrest and a more totalitarian approach to dealing with it.

How the Tories will fare in such a landscape is debatable. The last time the Tories took such a confrontational approach, Thatcher was re-elected after the miner's strike/Orgreave etc as public opinion and the media painted the unions as the villains in the piece - but as soon as she tried to reintroduce the Poll Tax which affected everyone she was immediately ousted.
They'll pay no attention to the disenfranchised and interest groups protesting and given that the Unions are no longer the powerhouse they once were, I suspect industrial action will get nowhere - but as soon as the impact is felt by "Mr Average" there'll be trouble.

And going down this road, affecting Mr Average is inevitable.

15How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 05 2021, 11:21

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Did you know that there are now more food banks than McDonald's restaurants in the UK?

16How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 05 2021, 13:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Still waiting for you to answer the question about Brexit, okocha. How has it impacted your life?

Don't be like a politician and avoid the question.

17How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Tue Oct 05 2021, 16:01

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Still waiting for you to answer the question about Brexit, okocha. How has it impacted your life?

Don't be like a politician and avoid the question.
Is that apart from the tax rises, food and petrol shortages, price rises and delivery problems? Smile

And can you put your Brexit questions on a Brexit thread?
This is the Toerags thread.

18How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Oct 09 2021, 10:36

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

If Boris and the Tory Government is so shit then why are they ahead in the latest polls by a clear 8 points?

YouGov poll from the 7th October (two days ago!!!)

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/10/07/voting-intention-con-39-lab-31-5-6-oct

Keir doesn't seem to have made much of an impact following conference then has he?

..dunno..

19How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Oct 09 2021, 11:52

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Keir?

Is he that guy who  had parents that went out to work?

20How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Oct 09 2021, 12:06

Sluffy wrote:If Boris and the Tory Government is so shit then why are they ahead in the latest polls by a clear 8 points?

YouGov poll from the 7th October (two days ago!!!)

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/articles-reports/2021/10/07/voting-intention-con-39-lab-31-5-6-oct

Keir doesn't seem to have made much of an impact following conference then has he?

..dunno..

Hard to say but my view is there’s no credible alternative. I wouldn’t say the fact Johnson remains ahead in the polls is a sign of successful policy making, but they’re certainly winning the battle of PR and communication.

Tough to see a route back to power without a progressive alliance of sorts now, but can’t see Labour backing that any time soon.

As you’re keen to make the case, where do you think this government are succeeding in policy?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 50]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum