Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Wandering Minds » How is the Tory government doing?

How is the Tory government doing?

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1How is the Tory government doing? Empty How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 16:48

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
First up, how they propose to deal with the record breaking failure to meet the 4 hour target for seeing people in A&E.

Simple - abolish the target!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-51122799

I am sure there will be many more examples of this kind of thinking in the years to come.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Do you work in the NHS xmiles? If so, you can tell us whether a 4 hour waiting time is achievable.

If you don't, then I don't see your point.

For the record, I am extremely happy at how things are going.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I work in the NHS.

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Natasha Whittam wrote:Do you work in the NHS xmiles? If so, you can tell us whether a 4 hour waiting time is achievable.

If you don't, then I don't see your point.

For the record, I am extremely happy at how things are going.

You obviously have not been paying attention to the news lately. The "record-long waits" for A&E are entirely due to 10 years of Tory austerity cuts.

If you have to use A&E you may be happy waiting for over 4 hours but most people in pain are not.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51046616

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Hipster_Nebula wrote:I work in the NHS.
I keep them busy.
How is the Tory government doing? Giphy.gif?cid=790b76112b08c7b53d7f2441c8deb14c0a50cb34b897af36&rid=giphy

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Add the worst NHS waiting times since records began and circumventing democracy in Goldsmith and Morgan’s appointments to the list below and safe to say pretty useless from any reasonable perspective.

▪Scrapping guarantees of workers’ rights
▪Stopping refugee children reuniting with their families
▪Clamping down on young people’s chances of studying abroad
▪Making sure Parliament has no say in any deal

How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FgEWAAAedxt?format=jpg&name=medium
How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FggWAAANZsu?format=jpg&name=medium
How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FieXsAIzvtu?format=jpg&name=medium
How is the Tory government doing? ENy-FkzWsAcGfKY?format=jpg&name=medium

From the myopic flag waving lot though Big Ben might bong for Brexit so who cares about the policies!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:You obviously have not been paying attention to the news lately. The "record-long waits" for A&E are entirely due to 10 years of Tory austerity cuts.

If you have to use A&E you may be happy waiting for over 4 hours but most people in pain are not.


I fully accept austerity cuts have hit the NHS, but let's not pretend this is a new phenomenon, it's been going on for decades.

But there's no point having a target if it's pure fantasy, that's why I'm asking people who work in the NHS (Hipster, Norpig to name two) if they think 4 hours is a fantasy.

But on the wider point of Boris, I think he handled the Iran thing very well, don't you?

gloswhite

gloswhite
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Nat, If Boris started shitting gold bricks and handed them to the Bank of England, he'd still be doing something wrong.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Wasn't the A&E waiting time previously on average of around 6hours?

10How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:01

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

11How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:A&E waiting times have hit their worst levels on record.


Do you accept the population is also at an all time high?

12How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:12

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

"We don’t have data on the situation before the four hour target was introduced in 2004, although it seems likely that the situation was worse in the preceding decade"

13How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:18

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@Natasha Whittam wrote:
@xmiles wrote:A&E waiting times have hit their worst levels on record.


Do you accept the population is also at an all time high?

Which is why you need to increase expenditure in real terms on the NHS not cut it as the Tories have done over the last 10 years. In 2009/10 spending on the NHS was 7.6% of GDP. On current projections and NHS spending plans, by 2020/21 spending will have fallen by around 0.5 percentage points of GDP to to 7.1%.

14How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:21

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@karlypants wrote:

"We don’t have data on the situation before the four hour target was introduced in 2004, although it seems likely that the situation was worse in the preceding decade"

Do you have a source for this quote or did you just make it up?

In any event there is no denying the simple fact that waiting times have got significantly worse since 2010 when the Tories starting cutting funding of the NHS.

15How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@xmiles wrote:
@karlypants wrote:

"We don’t have data on the situation before the four hour target was introduced in 2004, although it seems likely that the situation was worse in the preceding decade"

Do you have a source for this quote or did you just make it up?

In any event there is no denying the simple fact that waiting times have got significantly worse since 2010 when the Tories starting cutting funding of the NHS.

It's off the bloody webpage you posted!!! :facepalm:

16How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:24

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Seriously, can none of you name anything this government have done well so far? Six undeniably poor policies in my post alone.

17How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@karlypants wrote:It's off the bloody webpage you posted!!! :facepalm:

lol!

18How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Seriously, can none of you name anything this government have done well so far? Six undeniably poor policies in my post alone.

You think we should be allowing MPs to vote on anything after the Brexit fiasco?

Government should govern, not be held back by petty party politics.

19How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 21:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I work in the nhs as I said. Scottish one of course. The SNP do not believe in punishment for crime or the value of work and they certainly can't run a health service. 

People who come out of prison here are housed as a priority, they are given grants when they leave prison, they then present having pissed their grant up the wall demanding more money,(which they get, also get their electric and gas topped up with public funds btw) oh they're also given grants for furniture and white goods at a local charity.

There were three ambulance call outs today in my department for the same gentleman. Paramedics attended each time to simply pick him up off his knees because he'd drunk himself into a stupor and slipped off his chair.

There are some unbelievably deserving people who are sidelined because of things like this. See it every day.

With the way it's run the NHS will never, ever ever have enough money. I could go into detail but obviously I won't.

20How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 22:34

T.R.O.Y


El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Ok, don’t know enough to comment about the SNP. But does scrapping targets instead of meeting them help? And is there anything positive to say about this government so far?

21How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 22:41

xmiles

xmiles
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
@karlypants wrote:
@xmiles wrote:
@karlypants wrote:

"We don’t have data on the situation before the four hour target was introduced in 2004, although it seems likely that the situation was worse in the preceding decade"

Do you have a source for this quote or did you just make it up?

In any event there is no denying the simple fact that waiting times have got significantly worse since 2010 when the Tories starting cutting funding of the NHS.

It's off the bloody webpage you posted!!! :facepalm:

Embarassed

22How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 22:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@T.R.O.Y wrote:Ok, don’t know enough to comment about the SNP. But does scrapping targets instead of meeting them help? And is there anything positive to say about this government so far?

It's far too early.

Ask me in a year. And yes, I'd be saying the same If we had a new labour government. 

Governments are rarely judged after a few weeks.

23How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Wed 15 Jan - 22:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Can't believe the self-justifying excuses for Borat are coming in already seeing as it will be a full two years before the impact of Brexit and his incompetence are fully realised. We don't even know the full extent of his bosses' agenda yet - although I notice that he's bailed out Flybe with taxpayers' money even though their American and British billionaire owners have all the funds required to sort out their business but that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Just give it time. It will be at least a year before we finally leave the EU so perhaps it might be worthwhile waiting for a year beyond that before starting to assess Borat's performance?
Ask the question again in 2022.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've worked in the NHS for 25 years and have never thought that having targets for waiting times in A&E is helpful. It just causes more stress for the staff there having to watch the clock. The real issue and has been for many years is underfunding and lack of staff.
Yes people do turn up at A&E for the most ridiculous reasons and they are the people who should be turned away and directed to walk in centres, Pharmacies etc to free up time for people who really need treating. That would definitely help bring down waiting times.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It's how the money is spent.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
@Norpig wrote:I've worked in the NHS for 25 years and have never thought that having targets for waiting times in A&E is helpful. It just causes more stress for the staff there having to watch the clock. The real issue and has been for many years is underfunding and lack of staff.
Yes people do turn up at A&E for the most ridiculous reasons and they are the people who should be turned away and directed to walk in centres, Pharmacies etc to free up time for people who really need treating. That would definitely help bring down waiting times.
I can't believe you'd have me turned away. I admit I turn up with some unusual problems, many of which would be better suited by a visit to a vet, but surely I'm a special case.
Our nearest walk in centre is in Leigh. I'd probably fall over half way there and end up at the hospital anyway.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I find my walk in doctor disturbing anyway.

28How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Thu 16 Jan - 10:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
The real shortage of GP's and getting an appointment in less than a week is a problem as well and is why people turn up at A&E.

You must have your own reserved seat at your local A&E by now Boncey  Laughing

29How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Thu 16 Jan - 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reckon my local chemist knows more about medicine than my GP TBH. I had a skin problem on my knee originally caused by sliding tackles on 3G footie pitches which didn't heal for two years (although TBF I kept doing it and you tend to hit the same spot due to muscle memory) but my doctor kept recommending useless creams - but my chemist told me I needed some steroid stuff which my doctor then reluctantly prescribed and it sorted it right out.
Or maybe my GP was just trying to palm me off with cheap stuff?
Do expensive medicines impact on a doctor's practice profit margin?

30How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? on Thu 16 Jan - 10:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
It takes a lot to get me to the GP, mainly because getting an appointment is so difficult.

Bonce...Hello, I'd like to make an appointment to see the doctor.

Receptionist.....OK, what's it about?

Bonce.....Mind your own business you nosey cow.

I end up putting the phone down. I'll discuss my problem with the doctor, not the old trout on the desk.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum