Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+14
Cajunboy
gloswhite
xmiles
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
okocha
Norpig
boltonbonce
Sluffy
sunlight
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
Angry Dad
Hipster_Nebula
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 50]

21How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 22:41

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

karlypants wrote:
xmiles wrote:
karlypants wrote:

"We don’t have data on the situation before the four hour target was introduced in 2004, although it seems likely that the situation was worse in the preceding decade"

Do you have a source for this quote or did you just make it up?

In any event there is no denying the simple fact that waiting times have got significantly worse since 2010 when the Tories starting cutting funding of the NHS.

It's off the bloody webpage you posted!!! :facepalm:

Embarassed

22How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 22:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Ok, don’t know enough to comment about the SNP. But does scrapping targets instead of meeting them help? And is there anything positive to say about this government so far?

It's far too early.

Ask me in a year. And yes, I'd be saying the same If we had a new labour government. 

Governments are rarely judged after a few weeks.

23How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Jan 15 2020, 22:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't believe the self-justifying excuses for Borat are coming in already seeing as it will be a full two years before the impact of Brexit and his incompetence are fully realised. We don't even know the full extent of his bosses' agenda yet - although I notice that he's bailed out Flybe with taxpayers' money even though their American and British billionaire owners have all the funds required to sort out their business but that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Just give it time. It will be at least a year before we finally leave the EU so perhaps it might be worthwhile waiting for a year beyond that before starting to assess Borat's performance?
Ask the question again in 2022.

24How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 08:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've worked in the NHS for 25 years and have never thought that having targets for waiting times in A&E is helpful. It just causes more stress for the staff there having to watch the clock. The real issue and has been for many years is underfunding and lack of staff.
Yes people do turn up at A&E for the most ridiculous reasons and they are the people who should be turned away and directed to walk in centres, Pharmacies etc to free up time for people who really need treating. That would definitely help bring down waiting times.

25How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 08:57

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's how the money is spent.

26How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 08:59

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:I've worked in the NHS for 25 years and have never thought that having targets for waiting times in A&E is helpful. It just causes more stress for the staff there having to watch the clock. The real issue and has been for many years is underfunding and lack of staff.
Yes people do turn up at A&E for the most ridiculous reasons and they are the people who should be turned away and directed to walk in centres, Pharmacies etc to free up time for people who really need treating. That would definitely help bring down waiting times.
I can't believe you'd have me turned away. I admit I turn up with some unusual problems, many of which would be better suited by a visit to a vet, but surely I'm a special case.
Our nearest walk in centre is in Leigh. I'd probably fall over half way there and end up at the hospital anyway.

27How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 09:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find my walk in doctor disturbing anyway.

28How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 10:08

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The real shortage of GP's and getting an appointment in less than a week is a problem as well and is why people turn up at A&E.

You must have your own reserved seat at your local A&E by now Boncey  Laughing

29How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 10:23

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reckon my local chemist knows more about medicine than my GP TBH. I had a skin problem on my knee originally caused by sliding tackles on 3G footie pitches which didn't heal for two years (although TBF I kept doing it and you tend to hit the same spot due to muscle memory) but my doctor kept recommending useless creams - but my chemist told me I needed some steroid stuff which my doctor then reluctantly prescribed and it sorted it right out.
Or maybe my GP was just trying to palm me off with cheap stuff?
Do expensive medicines impact on a doctor's practice profit margin?

30How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 10:36

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It takes a lot to get me to the GP, mainly because getting an appointment is so difficult.

Bonce...Hello, I'd like to make an appointment to see the doctor.

Receptionist.....OK, what's it about?

Bonce.....Mind your own business you nosey cow.

I end up putting the phone down. I'll discuss my problem with the doctor, not the old trout on the desk.

31How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 10:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:It takes a lot to get me to the GP, mainly because getting an appointment is so difficult.

Bonce...Hello, I'd like to make an appointment to see the doctor.

Receptionist.....OK, what's it about?

Bonce.....Mind your own business you nosey cow.

I end up putting the phone down. I'll discuss my problem with the doctor, not the old trout on the desk.

You should tell them something bizarre that would make them blush.

They wouldn't dare ask again I'm sure. Very Happy

32How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 11:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not me. I'm not having them say 'here's that bloke with the bent nob' as I walk through the door.

Like they normally do.

33How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 12:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Not me. I'm not having them say 'here's that bloke with the bent nob' as I walk through the door.

Like they normally do.
Just tell them that your dick is too big and you'd like to discuss a reduction as you're having difficulty walking.

NB: That's "walking" with an "L"

34How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 12:38

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

When I book an appointment over the internet, (usually for 3 weeks later), we are asked the reason why. I usually put something down as it would take the GP ages to go through my record looking for associated issues  Very Happy

35How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 12:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Not me. I'm not having them say 'here's that bloke with the bent nob' as I walk through the door.

Like they normally do.
Just tell them that your dick is too big and you'd like to discuss a reduction as you're having difficulty walking.

NB: That's "walking" with an "L"

Very Happy

36How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Jan 16 2020, 15:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The one thing that really was of use was the Lever Chambers walk in centre near the octagon theatre that was closed down. 

If you needed to see someone but wasn’t serious enough to go to A&E and couldn’t get a doctors appointment then you would go there and someone would see you. 

These should be brought back all over IMO.

37How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jan 17 2020, 14:46

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

One thing that will make A&E waiting times and GP lists even longer is the number of elderly ex-pats returning to the UK when they find they can no longer get free medical treatment in the EU. Plus all the EU nationals who work or worked in the NHS leaving the UK.

Brexit the gift that keeps on giving. Rolling Eyes

38How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Jan 17 2020, 15:29

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

xmiles are you not feeling the Boris Bounce?

39How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 08:58

karlypants wrote:The one thing that really was of use was the Lever Chambers walk in centre near the octagon theatre that was closed down. 

If you needed to see someone but wasn’t serious enough to go to A&E and couldn’t get a doctors appointment then you would go there and someone would see you. 

Wants improved public services, votes Tory. Literally ridiculous.

40How is the Tory government doing? - Page 2 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sat Jan 18 2020, 09:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

T.R.O.Y wrote:
karlypants wrote:The one thing that really was of use was the Lever Chambers walk in centre near the octagon theatre that was closed down. 

Wants improved public services, votes Tory. Literally ridiculous.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum