Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 50]

1How is the Tory government doing? Empty How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 10:52

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Recent elections were won due to a combination of weakness of opposition, "manipulation" of facts, avoidance of scrutiny etc.

My concern is about how power is now being used by what turns out to be an increasingly autocratic government trying to suppress rival powers such as the judiciary, broadcasters, local government, the civil service, academia, civil society. 

A willingness to break international law confirms that democracy is actually meaningless to our PM and ministers whose word it is now impossible to trust. Equally obvious are the incompetence, continued lies, denials, cronyism, hypocrisy etc. (Furthermore, if they really cared about the nation's health, they would have banned smoking long ago.)

We are moving closer and closer in style to the governments of those countries that we powerless plebs rightly condemn. For society to survive, we need to move closer towards the policies of those countries and leaders who put genuine love and care for their citizens at the head of their decision-making and actions.

2How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 11:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:Recent elections were won due to a combination of weakness of opposition, "manipulation" of facts, avoidance of scrutiny etc.

My concern is about how power is now being used by what turns out to be an increasingly autocratic government trying to suppress rival powers such as the judiciary, broadcasters, local government, the civil service, academia, civil society. 

A willingness to break international law confirms that democracy is actually meaningless to our PM and ministers whose word it is now impossible to trust. Equally obvious are the incompetence, continued lies, denials, cronyism, hypocrisy etc. (Furthermore, if they really cared about the nation's health, they would have banned smoking long ago.)

We are moving closer and closer in style to the governments of those countries that we powerless plebs rightly condemn. For society to survive, we need to move closer towards the policies of those countries and leaders who put genuine love and care for their citizens at the head of their decision-making and actions.
I share those concerns but feel the truth is much darker than that as hard to believe as that is.
Wasn’t it you that cited Monbiot?
Look at Edgerton’s Academic article - it just confirms that the masses have been duped by the super rich financiers and media moguls using clever nationalist messaging to increase the power of the few at the expense of the many - regardless of the cost to the individual nations they are doing it to. They have no nation but Boris et al are good examples of every nation having people greedy enough to f*** over their own country in exchange for local power.

3How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 12:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Psychic Sluffy strikes again! 😀
First you claim to know “what we are all thinking.“ 
Then you claim you are speaking for everyone. As if. 
Now you claim you know how I voted 4 years ago. We’re you hiding in the ballot box?
And finally you claim to have knowledge about my financial position and lifestyle. Has nobody told you how social media works?
You’re either incredibly gullible and believe everything you read or you have psychic powers beyond human comprehension.

If b) did Nat really get her bits singed following a torrid affair with David Nugent? More importantly how big is Bonce’s slipper collection?

I know enough about human behaviour to have sussed you out.

You've stated on another forum how you posted FOR Brexit, then complained bitterly that you were 'misled' as what you 'thought' you were voting for wasn't what it turned out to be - caveat emptor.

As for what people say on the internet - either they are generally honest or they are generally not - so you either voted for Brexit as you stated, and the other stuff you post about yourself is based on truth or you tell lies - its that simple.

I may not have psychic powers but I know bullshit when I smell it and you voted for Brexit and have thrown your toys out of your pram ever since because you've since realised it was a bad decision for you to make.

It's done know though, so you have to live with it - man up to it, so to speak.

Your problem is you can't.

You simply can't accept that you are ever wrong - it's got to be someone else's fault instead.

Well this time it isn't, nobody twisted your arm to vote the way you did, you made your choice and you can't blame anybody else for that, as you knew what staying in the EU was all about and you decided that voting for Brexit would be better than what we had, even though you, nor anyone else, really had a clue how that would turn out.

4How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 12:52

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've only got eight pairs of slippers, but they mean the world to me. Quality, not quantity. 
Eight might seem a lot to some people, but I feel the need to mix them up a bit. Zip ups, cross over straps, slip ons. Each have their uses, depending on what I'm doing.
Sometimes I wear a zip up on one foot, and a slip on on the other. If nothing else it confuses the dog.
Mind you, we don't have a dog, so I don't know what's going on there, but it just goes to show what a mystery our lives are.

5How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 13:35

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Here is another example of the complete lack of principles or morals you get with Boris and his stooges.

The Justice Secretary says he would resign if the UK ended up breaking international law "in a way I find unacceptable". In other words he would find it acceptable to break international law, make us a country that cannot be trusted and still stay in office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54137643

6How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 13:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's positively Trumpian.

7How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:30

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I've only got eight pairs of slippers, but they mean the world to me. Quality, not quantity. 
Eight might seem a lot to some people, but I feel the need to mix them up a bit. Zip ups, cross over straps, slip ons. Each have their uses, depending on what I'm doing.
Sometimes I wear a zip up on one foot, and a slip on on the other. If nothing else it confuses the dog.
Mind you, we don't have a dog, so I don't know what's going on there, but it just goes to show what a mystery our lives are.
Hope that is not you in your latest avatar, if it is then you need to lay off the vegan diet and get a couple of meat pies down your neck as soon as you can get out to  a Greggs.

8How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:
Hope that is not you in your latest avatar, if it is then you need to lay off the vegan diet and get a couple of meat pies down your neck as soon as you can get out to  a Greggs.
How dare you! That's the witch from Paulus The Wood Gnome, a Dutch puppet show that appears to have been made by people out of their heads on drugs. A big favourite of mine.

9How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:51

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

That's okay then, I just thought you were looking a little peeky.

10How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:53

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:That's okay then, I just thought you were looking a little peeky.
That witch and I have similar eyebrows.

11How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 15:55

karlypants wrote:

Give it a fucking rest.

Instead of shutting down comment, why don’t you grow up and tell him what you disagree with. 

No need for a comment like that on a pretty tame joke.

12How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 16:40

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y. wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Give it a fucking rest.

Instead of shutting down comment, why don’t you grow up and tell him what you disagree with. 

Seemed like the straw that broke the camels back to me.

He posts so much constant negativity that probably Karly just had enough and reacted.

No doubt the joke was doing the rounds on social media and Wanderlust (who tells us he never goes on there remember - yeah right!) saw it and copied on to here.

The joke as such was incidental but the perpetual negativity was simply a post too far for Karly's tolerance - and tbh I can't blame him either.

13How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 16:46

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y. wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Give it a fucking rest.

Seemed like the straw that broke the camels back to me.

He posts so much constant negativity that probably Karly just had enough and reacted.

No doubt the joke was doing the rounds on social media and Wanderlust (who tells us he never goes on there remember - yeah right!) saw it and copied on to here.

The joke as such was incidental but the perpetual negativity was simply a post too far for Karly's tolerance - and tbh I can't blame him either.

Correct Sluffy.

14How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:27

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Here is another example of the complete lack of principles or morals you get with Boris and his stooges.

The Justice Secretary says he would resign if the UK ended up breaking international law "in a way I find unacceptable". In other words he would find it acceptable to break international law, make us a country that cannot be trusted and still stay in office.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54137643
Resigning will just pave the way to installing another puppet yes man/woman- which has been the strategy all along.

15How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

So how come you’ve managed to be so spectacularly wrong in pretty much every outpouring of drivel you’ve written so far then?
You need to get out more and meet some humans.

16How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y. wrote:

Tame? It was witty, incisive and funny as f***! 
You questioning my comedic talents pal?  Laughing

Tbh my missus told me that one Embarassed

Last edited by wanderlust on Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:45; edited 1 time in total

17How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Correct Sluffy.
Love your catchphrase.

Not sure it’s got the same mileage as “nice to meet you....” but seeing as you use it so much it’s bound to catch on sooner or later.

18How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Love your catchphrase.

Not sure it’s got the same mileage as “nice to meet you....” but seeing as you use it so much it’s bound to catch on sooner or later.
All part of the Nuts circus. You've got to love it. Very Happy
How is the Tory government doing? Baxendale_bashstreetkids

19How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 17:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

So how come you’ve managed to be so spectacularly wrong in pretty much every outpouring of drivel you’ve written so far then?

Have I really?

I think I'm pretty much bob on with you.

wanderlust wrote:You need to get out more and meet some humans.

What makes you think I don't?

I'm not the one who needs a bottle of vodka to be his best friend.

20How is the Tory government doing? Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 13 2020, 18:07

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sluffy wrote:

1 - Yes you are correct that is the thread title
2 - Fwiw, I don't think they are doing very well either - but I doubt any government would under the circumstance of a world pandemic which we weren't prepared for.
3 - I was referring to his attitude across everything he posts, not just exclusively this thread - Trump, the BBC, Ken Anderson, Brexit, BWFC - anything and everything at all in fact.
4 - Finally I'd be interested for you to quote me any other time I used that phrase - because I don't recall ever doing so before, at least not anytime recently, if ever?
5 - And I came to that conclusion because he IS a negative fucker, as evidenced by his avalanche of constant negative comments on a daily basis.  Forgive me for assuming everyone had picked upon on that long before now, as clearly you haven't.
You've got the wrong end of the stick. The conclusion I am referring to is not whether or not Wander is or isn't a negative fucker. It is your totally unfounded conclusion that you know "what we all think."

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 50]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 25 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum