Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How is the Tory government doing?

+16
Angry Dad
karlypants
wanderlust
okocha
xmiles
wessy
Norpig
sunlight
boltonbonce
finlaymcdanger
Ten Bobsworth
gloswhite
Sluffy
Cajunboy
BoltonTillIDie
Hip Priest
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 50]

41How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:14 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

gloswhite wrote:The US need to realise that due to their Presidents endeavours, their standing in the world has diminished considerably, and any threat from an ageing leader of the House, doesn't carry as much weight as it used to. Also, treating their oldest partner in such a way will not help in the longer term.
That may be true, Glos, but our govt seems intent on grovelling to them and abiding by their every wish.

42How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:17 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:The US need to realise that due to their Presidents endeavours, their standing in the world has diminished considerably, and any threat from an ageing leader of the House, doesn't carry as much weight as it used to. Also, treating their oldest partner in such a way will not help in the longer term.

I think you will find that our standing in the world is diminishing equally fast with a government happily prepared to tear up international treaties it has signed. Particularly odd when Boris told us what a marvellous deal it was when he originally signed it.

43How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:51 am

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Yep, Can't disagree with you both.

44How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Wed Sep 16, 2020 10:53 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

gloswhite wrote:Yep, Can't disagree with you both.

Smile

45How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 17, 2020 7:10 pm

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

46How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:07 pm

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Norpig wrote:

Ed does great here. Tory bashing at it's best. Why the hell didn't he perform like this when he was Labour leader.

47How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:37 am

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

He was given a hard time in the right wing press but he did make some poor judgements at the time.

I remember one particular example when during the election campaign he was in front of an audience on tv answering questions. A red faced gammon accused the last Labour government of wrecking the economy and instead of pointing out that it was the greed of the bankers that caused the crash not Labour he just mumbled some feeble excuse. Not the way to win an election.

48How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:21 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As regards a trade deal with the US they've made it crystal clear that there won't be one unless Boris drops the Internal Market Bill and even then we are a low priority as we are now a tiny market of 60 million people and they are intent on doing deals with China first (billions) and then the EU (1.4 billion customers?) so it's all looking like a bit of a pipe dream.

But what's grinding my gears today is this proposal to force British people to be injected with untested drugs. 
I can't believe that they are sneaking this in under the radar.
I read that they had a public consultation - that nobody knew about - and then said as nobody responded they're going ahead.
And that anyone refusing to be injected would have travel restrictions placed upon them.
I honestly don't think things can get any more totalitarian that this.

49How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:17 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:As regards a trade deal with the US they've made it crystal clear that there won't be one unless Boris drops the Internal Market Bill and even then we are a low priority as we are now a tiny market of 60 million people and they are intent on doing deals with China first (billions) and then the EU (1.4 billion customers?) so it's all looking like a bit of a pipe dream.

But what's grinding my gears today is this proposal to force British people to be injected with untested drugs. 
I can't believe that they are sneaking this in under the radar.
I read that they had a public consultation - that nobody knew about - and then said as nobody responded they're going ahead.
And that anyone refusing to be injected would have travel restrictions placed upon them.
I honestly don't think things can get any more totalitarian that this.
:clap:

50How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 18, 2020 2:22 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
:clap:
Applause seems a little inappropriate. The more I read about the unapproved vaccine programme the scarier it gets. They're talking of recruiting people to administer the injections who will get a basic training before being unleashed on us.

There's a petition to get this stopped but the "consultation" ends tonight.

51How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:39 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
Applause seems a little inappropriate. The more I read about the unapproved vaccine programme the scarier it gets. They're talking of recruiting people to administer the injections who will get a basic training before being unleashed on us.

There's a petition to get this stopped but the "consultation" ends tonight.
Too modest to accept applause for warnings about growing totalitarianism, Wander? Not like you to be coy.....

52How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:54 pm

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

53How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 18, 2020 3:59 pm

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Too modest to accept applause for warnings about growing totalitarianism, Wander? Not like you to be coy.....
Apparently I'm just being a "negative bastard" by expressing my concerns Very Happy
But this really is a step too far and I'd have thought that any reasonable person would at least be slightly worried about unapproved drugs being administered under threat of sanctions by amateurs with no legal comeback if you die.

54How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:08 pm

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 8zKHLJB

55How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Mon Sep 21, 2020 8:39 am

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not really surprising to find that Putin is linked to a major Tory party funder.

Presumably that money went towards getting Boris elected?

And she's paid money to meet the last 3 prime ministers. I wonder why?

56How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 24, 2020 11:29 am

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

"Nearly a year after the general election, voters remain in the dark about who is targeting them online. Even when the official figures are released, voters will be little wiser as to who was behind the ads that so many saw during the election.
We commissioned two of the UK’s leading election finance academics to look at the scale of the challenge we face. The results found in Democracy in the Dark are shocking, in five key areas – money, non-party campaigning, targeting, data use and misinformation – our electoral regulation is being stretched to breaking point."

57How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:52 pm

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Johnson said that Plebians are genetically inclined to criminality.

58How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:53 pm

It's been interesting to see how quickly the tabloid media have turned on Boris, this from Dan Hodges of The Mail on Sunday today:

Looks to me like they're positioning Sunak as their favourite for the job were it to become available. Time will tell i suppose, not to last the full term, having won an 80 seat majority would be remarkable.

59How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:15 pm

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't trust Boris to run a bath nevermind this country.

60How is the Tory government doing? - Page 3 Empty Re: How is the Tory government doing? Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:41 pm

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sunak is far too thin for the job of PM and there is an overriding air of oilyness  about him like a  creepy car salesman.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 26 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum